Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2006   #1
Jay Villa
Rookie

Unhappy Man I'm so upset!!!!

Every week I watch the game at home, screaming or crying (depending on the game) right along with my team.

My uncle and father are the type to change to the Dallas game when the Texans are not so hot, which is quite often.

I continue to watch the games. They look at me with surprise. I tell them, you cannot only be fans when they're winning. A real fan sticks with their team in good times and bad.

I mean, we lost the Oilers some years back and should be thankful that a new team came to town. Being a major city without an NFL team sucked. Lots of cities don't have a team at all to be disappointed in or proud of.

Well today, I was on the road to Corpus Christi, TX for the Holidays. I would have left yesterday, but my wife worked late yesterday.

I had to listen to the game on the radio. I have sat in front of my TV week after week watching plenty of disappointing games and on the best game of the year I had to listen to it on the radio. Man! Just my luck. Guess I'll have to watch the highlights later during the week.
Jay Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #2
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08
Default Re: Man I'm so upset!!!!

Two words:

NFL Replay
Old 12-24-2006   #3
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

Well, since it was the Colts we beat, ESPN will surely have to show the highlights, right? Since we seem to be so shunned on SportsCenter, they might not know what to do this week.
Old 12-24-2006   #4
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 22248 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08 View Post
Two words:

NFL Replay
Yea Baby Yea!!!
Old 12-24-2006   #5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, i had to work. ugh.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #6
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyTexansFan View Post
Well, since it was the Colts we beat, ESPN will surely have to show the highlights, right? Since we seem to be so shunned on SportsCenter, they might not know what to do this week.
they know what to do....they will continue to shunn us. it will be more about what the colts didn't do than anything we did. you know we will get no credit for this.
Old 12-24-2006   #7
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post
they know what to do....they will continue to shunn us. it will be more about what the colts didn't do than anything we did. you know we will get no credit for this.
My thoughts exactly...
Old 12-24-2006   #8
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 54346 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post
Seems several of the posters on this site don't want to give the team credit.

It is all about the Colts poor run defense, nothing the Texans did.

There are some 'fans?' this team would be better off without.

Old 12-24-2006   #9
Jay Villa
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08 View Post
Two words:

NFL Replay
Where can I find NFL Replay?
Old 12-24-2006   #10
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Villa View Post
Every week I watch the game at home, screaming or crying (depending on the game) right along with my team.

My uncle and father are the type to change to the Dallas game when the Texans are not so hot, which is quite often.

I continue to watch the games. They look at me with surprise. I tell them, you cannot only be fans when they're winning. A real fan sticks with their team in good times and bad.

I mean, we lost the Oilers some years back and should be thankful that a new team came to town. Being a major city without an NFL team sucked. Lots of cities don't have a team at all to be disappointed in or proud of.

Well today, I was on the road to Corpus Christi, TX for the Holidays. I would have left yesterday, but my wife worked late yesterday.

I had to listen to the game on the radio. I have sat in front of my TV week after week watching plenty of disappointing games and on the best game of the year I had to listen to it on the radio. Man! Just my luck. Guess I'll have to watch the highlights later during the week.
perhaps you should listen to more games, you may be the bad luck charm lol just kidden
Old 12-24-2006   #11
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Seems several of the posters on this site don't want to give the team credit.

It is all about the Colts poor run defense, nothing the Texans did.

There are some 'fans?' this team would be better off without.

Dude, we're not saying we don't support the team. Personally, I am ecstatic about today!
We're just saying ESPN will railroad us by saying the so-called "better team" lost. I have this beef with ESPN every football season the way we get no air time. Re-read the post and I think you'll understand what we meant. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2006   #12
cred
Rookie

Has anyone found out what day that we might be able to see the replay. My daughter's birthday was today, and I missed the game, completely.
cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #13
nativikee
Rookie

Quote:
Where can I find NFL Replay?
nfl replay is on nfl network. on tuesdays and wednesdays they replay the best games of the week.
nativikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #14
nativikee
Rookie

and oh yeah. Just stoppen in texan fans to say congradulation. I had to watch that game since I couldnt see the titans play. But I did enjoy every moment of it.

Last edited by nativikee; 12-24-2006 at 11:47 PM.
Old 12-24-2006   #15
Jay Villa
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativikee View Post
nfl replay is on nfl network. on tuesdays and wednesdays they replay the best games of the week.
I have time warner cable. We don't have the NFL Network
Old 12-24-2006   #16
nativikee
Rookie

Quote:
I have time warner cable. We don't have the NFL Network
Yeah you have to have dish or direct tv. Theres suppose to be a free preview coming up though, but not sure if its this week or next. But maybe its this week and you could get lucky and see it. But Im not sure what channel it will be on for cable.
Old 12-24-2006   #17
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 54346 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyTexansFan View Post
Dude, we're not saying we don't support the team. Personally, I am ecstatic about today!
We're just saying ESPN will railroad us by saying the so-called "better team" lost. I have this beef with ESPN every football season the way we get no air time. Re-read the post and I think you'll understand what we meant. Merry Christmas!
You are preaching to the choir here. I agree with what you are saying about bspn 100%.

I was referring to the thread " before you get too excited" in which posters are saying the same thing that you feel bspn is going to say.

Sounds like they are writing the copy for bspn's talking heads.

No credit to Texans, just a bad Colts D line.

Merry Christmas to you and yours also.

Old 12-25-2006   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

We beat the Indianapolis Colts. Whatever credit you take away from our running game, you must give to our D for not getting embarrassed too badly. No matter how you look at it, the Texans beat a good team with a star QB. They deserve credit for that.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #19
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I concur. I would also like to thank the gaurd steping on Mannings foot, (how many times have we seen that with DC ? ) on the drive where they had to settle for the field goal . The wounded duck on the ground gave me hope. Thanks Santa. amazing what an extra half second and a QB not pressing will do for ya isn't it ?
Old 12-25-2006   #20
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
A Carr hater feels like Santa's raindeer left the only presents he gets on the roof of his house.
......., and stole his ladder.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read