Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-24-2006   #1
Buckle
Veteran

Default The next Troy Polamulu??

Is anyone watching the Hawaii game?? Their safety Leonard Peters reminds me alot of Polamulu.. He might be worth taking a look at especially if he is available in the later rounds. Anyone know anything more about him or have a scouting report on him, or have an idea of what round he would be projected in??
Buckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #2
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man
Default Re: The next Troy Polamulu??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckle View Post
Is anyone watching the Hawaii game?? Their safety Leonard Peters reminds me alot of Polamulu.. He might be worth taking a look at especially if he is available in the later rounds. Anyone know anything more about him or have a scouting report on him, or have an idea of what round he would be projected in??
Saw him and thought the same thing (it's a hair thing). But I couldn't find anything on him.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #3
Buckle
Veteran

yeah the hair def helps but he seems to play very fast and is all over the field. Seems to have good speed, good in coverage and had a good blitz to force a fumble. The announcers mentioned he could be a combine workout wonder..
Buckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Great find in leonard peters... i'm going to read more about him.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../sp/sp11a.html

You must be pretty good if Reggie Bush takes notice. In an ESPN online chat last December, Bush, USC's Heisman Trophy winner, was asked who the best player he played against. His response: "The guy that sticks out is No. 42, the safety from Hawai'i. He was just everywhere ... I don't know his name but he was fast and he was a great player and everytime I got tackled, he was there."

-quoted from ariticle
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #5
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Great find in leonard peters... i'm going to read more about him.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../sp/sp11a.html

You must be pretty good if Reggie Bush takes notice. In an ESPN online chat last December, Bush, USC's Heisman Trophy winner, was asked who the best player he played against. His response: "The guy that sticks out is No. 42, the safety from Hawai'i. He was just everywhere ... I don't know his name but he was fast and he was a great player and everytime I got tackled, he was there."

-quoted from ariticle
Thats enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Thats enough for me.
one more for you:

http://www.kaleo.org/vnews/display.v.../457cc708199e1

During last season’s opening game against the University of Southern California and playing what he thought was his final season, senior free safety Leonard Peters suffered a serious knee injury that caused him to miss the rest of the season.

However, the NCAA gave Peters an extension of his eligibility, allowing him to return in 2006 for a sixth year. With one postseason game left, Peters has made a difference in the defense since returning from injury.

“He changed our defense,” said defensive coordinator Jerry Glanville. “Everybody thinks we had a tremendous improvement from a year ago, but really, I think it was because of Leonard ... Everything that he did, we couldn’t do last year. He is the difference from last year.”

Yup...funny how hearing about a guy for maybe 10 minutes just changed my draft ideas.
Old 12-25-2006   #7
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

What round do yall see him going in? Anyone have a link to his scouting report or any film?
Old 12-25-2006   #8
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

NFL draft blitz has him rated as just missed which means he isnt a the top twenty FS.

BUT

They also have him as a top sleeper.

I think he will go in the fourth or fifth round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

I'd be making an uneducated guess.
Old 12-25-2006   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

if you couldnt' see his hair you wouldn't see the polamalu comparison.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #11
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

SS or FS type?
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

he is listed as a fs but i havn't seen him play.
Old 12-25-2006   #13
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
if you couldnt' see his hair you wouldn't see the polamalu comparison.
pretty much but the bush quote does make you take notice.
Old 12-25-2006   #14
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i told yall about this guy last year, but he got a medical redshirt last season, i didnt watch the game to much last night, but it looked like he was good against the run, but he sure has long hair, more hair then troy i think
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read