Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2006   #1
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Vonta Leach

wow. this kid has seriously impressed me, and at the fullback position, that's not something that's easy to do. all season long we've had to watch cook clog up running lanes instead of flattening linebackers, juggling (or dropping) easy passes, and fumbling the ball at the worst times. leach on the other hand has been absolutely dynamite in the run game and as far as i can tell hasnt missed anything thrown his way yet. i cant be the only one that's noticed that dayne went nuts running the ball at the same time leach became a starter. i'm really looking forward to seeing a lot more of this kid next year.
Old 12-24-2006   #2
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vonta Leach

leach is a stud, great find.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #3
johndoe
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 johndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVP

what he said
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Moran Norris was cut because I guess Kubiak wanted Cook.

2. Cook is a bust, IMO. Enter Leach.

3. Leach is what they thought Cook would be.

4. Leach is now THE MAN at FB: Pancake blocks, bulldoze blocks, releasing from blocks and catching the ball, HOLDING ONTO the football once he has it, and most importantly he is MAKING PLAYS after the catch.

I've always said that good teams utilize the FB and the TE.

The TE screen, however, was a fairly laughable playcall IMO. Had to giggle at the idea of Breuner "The Jet" getting the call in that situation.

I don't know why our team goes such long stretches with/without utilizing the FB and TE. I think it opens up more opportunities for the RBs and WRs. It freezes the LBs into the middle of the field because they are trying to anticipate having to come up and cover/tackle the FB or TE running what is usually a shorter route or what you might consider to be more of a "ball control" type route where you try to get 3-5 tough yards.

The shotgun, IMO, has been totally scrapped for some reason. Would be nice to see us use it when the defense is blitzing more consistently.

Yeah, Leach laid a dude OUT on one of Dayne's TD runs. Niiiiiiiiiice. That was Moran Norris 101. I think Leach might be even more physical than Norris, though...which is scary.
Old 12-24-2006   #5
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

What a find...props to Mike Sherman. Leach plays hard and has been fantastic
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #6
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
Yeah, Leach laid a dude OUT on one of Dayne's TD runs. Niiiiiiiiiice. That was Moran Norris 101. I think Leach might be even more physical than Norris, though...which is scary.
i wasnt a big fan of norris because he was inconsistant and not nearly as eager to dish out punishment as leach is. he might've been a decent blocker, but he wasnt the nasty lead mauler that teams crave. this kid is very decisive and goes hunting as opposed to waiting to see who gets in the lane. it's only been a few games, but i just cant say enough good things about the way he's played so far.

you're right about the screen, i couldnt help but laugh at bruener in that situation. putz has run a couple great screens and was in the game, so the reason to give the play to bruener is beyond me.
Old 12-24-2006   #7
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

I like the kid. He plays with an attitude that more of the Texans need to play with.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-25-2006   #8
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

I'm glad some other people noticed his play from yesterday, he was crucial to the victory, and I'd say player of the game.
Old 12-25-2006   #9
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

This kid has been huge for us! I love his game...he's a bulldozer and he has the hands to make plays from out of the backfield to include not fumbling. If he doesn't go into next season as the starter it will be a travesty.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #10
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

im a fan! He always gives 100% on every play and is a hard worker. He can catch as well as Cook could AND can actually block. We've got to make sure he's around here for a while, as he will pave the way for some 1000 yard rushers. Also, I allready gave him a nickname, hope everyone finds it fitting!
Old 12-25-2006   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75697 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Speaking of TEs, am I right that Daniels didn't play in this game (enough for me to notice anyway) because we wanted to run so much, or is he hurt or something?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #12
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Speaking of TEs, am I right that Daniels didn't play in this game (enough for me to notice anyway) because we wanted to run so much, or is he hurt or something?
sore shoulder, he was a gametime decision and im assuming that he couldnt play.
Old 12-25-2006   #13
texaslifter
Veteran

im real excited about this guy. a top teir blocking fb is a major reason for success in the running game, and im just giddy with the idea that we may be joining that club soon
texaslifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #14
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
The shotgun, IMO, has been totally scrapped for some reason. Would be nice to see us use it when the defense is blitzing more consistently.
I'm disappointed they haven't been using it more. With talk about the OL not holding up you would think that we would use it more often, but we never do. On the one play we used it, when I heard it before the snap, I laughed to myself. We were finally going to use it. And then Carr had a nice run on the QB sneak...
Old 12-25-2006   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75697 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
sore shoulder, he was a gametime decision and im assuming that he couldnt play.
Thanx, Lork.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #16
Zac
Rookie

Good Job Leach.
Zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #17
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
Veteran

I loved watching him yesterday, they way he lead for Dayne reminded me of L. Neal leading the way for LT!
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read