Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2006   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default One more to go.

Today, we saw a good game.

If we would have lost, it would have been the end of the world on this board. But it was pulled out.

Who is responsible?

Some say Dayne takes this top honor. I disagree.
Some say Carr was the top one today. Again, I disagree.

Who did it for us today? The WHOLE freaking team did. The team loses and wins together. Today, we came out victors. Quit individuallizing it and getting back to 'so in so is terrible'. We WON against the Colts as a team.

Extra props go to:
The Oline - Way to go guys, opening those whole and shutting the biggest opening today, which was Freeney's mouth.

Carr - He had some bad ball placement early, but he was able to follow Kubs instruction and took his time. He has bad things happen when he rushes, and he relaxed a bit today, looking good in the process.

Dayne - Many times, this dude was hit 3 or 4 times and was still trucking. Dayne has been working hard and pushing the line for the last few weeks. He runs downhill and had a great game. Big props to him.

Andre/Walter - Didnt see any ball a droppin, they worked hard and looked good.

D-line - Mr. Mario set the tempo with the ff, and had a few good tackles. Others also backup Mario and rushed the qb several times. One or two even got to bringeth the wood to Manning, even though they didnt sack him.

LB's - Greenwood/Ryans/Peek all played very good, and Babin over ran plays a bit. The thing I liked about Babin was, even though he was overrunning plays.. he was in the backfield alot. He just needs to work on that.

CB's - Plays were made and missed here.. but they stepped up when they could.

S/FS - My mom told me if you dont have anything good to say, then dont say it. I thought the FS and S had a .....

Kub - Ya all give him crap about play call/ etc. We have improved in EVERY facet of the game. He plays smart, not conservitive. Unless you call going for it on a 4th and 2, on our side of the field Conservative.

Today, I loved the game. I was very happy with our team, and they looked like they were having fun. It still is a long road, but if there could be a non-playoff important game this year for us, we just won it folks.

Thank you Texans.. Merry Christmas to all.. and to all a good night.
Old 12-24-2006   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Re: One more to go.

Great post

Dont forget our new FB, scored, held on to the ball in passes and did great blocking.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #3
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Great post

Dont forget our new FB, scored, held on to the ball in passes and did great blocking.
My bad.. your quite right.
Old 12-24-2006   #4
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

just ONE more... if we beat the browns, we'll finish 6-10, right where i thought we'd be before the season started. this victory against the colts wiped a really nasty taste out of my mouth... forget the draft, i wanna end this season on a high note.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #5
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

And once again the Browns are the door to the offseason. Perhaps fate has decided she was too hard on the Texans. If we win next week....
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
I need it for the 'Over' that, Vegas had put a 5.5 wins line for this year.
Me to.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #7
tex
Veteran

Great post Dime,thanks I needed that.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2006   #8
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 269 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

You forgot Special Teams contribution to today's win (Wynn / Brown) .....
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read