Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-24-2006   #1
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Say Goodbye to JT & AP, Hello....

LaRon Landry.....with today's win and a win next week it is over for the JT and AP gang. Just think how much better we are going to be defensively with LaRon roaming in the backfield...whoooo gives me goose bumps.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #2
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Say Goodbye to JT & AP, Hello....

I like it!
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #3
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love for them to improve their O-Line and D-Line, but I don't care who they draft or what position he plays as long as he helps the team get better.
Old 12-24-2006   #4
Baranghoori
Veteran

Yes, i agree. With a win next week, Joe Thomas and AP will be but a dream!

But hey, here comes a dream that's just as good! I may be vouching for AP, but Laron Landry is just as good for us, if not better!
Baranghoori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Look at it this way: more money for FA.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #6
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

If we take a safety, I'd rather take Reggie Nelson.

Win, or lose, we're guaranteed a top 10 pick. I could see us taking Darrelle Revis (CB) or Leon Hall (CB) with the 1st pick. Possibly even, Marshawn Lynch (RB).

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #7
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

If we wont fix the O-line in the FA, we need to trade down and pick an O-lineman up.

If we go Safety I want a cover Safety, not a hitting safety. Glenn Earl and ??? with CC backing up would be nice.

So Merriweather Vs. Landry Vs. Nelson, whoever can read and cover is who I want.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
If we wont fix the O-line in the FA, we need to trade down and pick an O-lineman up.

If we go Safety I want a cover Safety, not a hitting safety. Glenn Earl and ??? with CC backing up would be nice.

So Merriweather Vs. Landry Vs. Nelson, whoever can read and cover is who I want.
Actually, as VY has shown, you don't have to be able to read to be in the NFL. Literacy isn't too important when the talent is good enough.

Old 12-24-2006   #9
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

how about HELLO.........Sam Barker. OT for USC.
Old 12-24-2006   #10
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Actually, as VY has shown, you don't have to be able to read to be in the NFL. Literacy isn't too important when the talent is good enough.

Dang you!

VY killed the Wunderlich test lol
Old 12-24-2006   #11
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post
how about HELLO.........Sam Barker. OT for USC.
He is not coming out, I was curious about him as well. But yeah, a OT would be nice.

if not an OT get what you did not get in FA
Old 12-24-2006   #12
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Neither Sam Baker nor Jake Long are coming out. Both would have been reasonable 6-10 picks. Instead, the OTs fall off a cliff after Joe Thomas, dropping all the way to Levi Brown. Ouch - pretty much kills the idea of taking OT in the 1st without a trade down. Though Arizona won, too - so we could still get above them and maybe snag Thomas.

I really like Joe Staley (Central Michigan). Is there any chance he ends up in the 2nd? Hmm, there is now, but he'll probably work out well.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #13
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be interesting to take Alan Branch or Amobi Okoye to bookend with Mario.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #14
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I said it ages ago and I'll say it again. Reggie Nelson will probably fit our system better. Great cover skills lay's the wood like a lumberjack and is coming on strong. Even though Landry is the more polished player I see more potential in Nelson.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #15
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Right now then my vote would be for ALAN BRANCH.
Old 12-24-2006   #16
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post
Right now then my vote would be for ALAN BRANCH.
Anthony. Maddox. Can you say drastically lower paycheck?
Old 12-24-2006   #17
TexansCanes
All Pro

i'll wait to see where we finish and who is coming out but if we do decide to go DT i would rather get glenn dorsey out of LSU. he is just as disruptive in the middle and constantly gets pressure on the QB. but after our last three 1st round picks now play on the d-line i don't think we will go that way again, but hey, the texans always suprise us on draft day.
Old 12-25-2006   #18
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Maybe closing out the season on a high note with consecutive wins would help entice some top free agents to come play for us?
Old 12-25-2006   #19
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1965 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post

All three are FS. Landry is the bigger hitter of the three. Merriweather is a wanttabe thug, and his body type has scouts thinking he needs to play CB in the NFL, they think he will not hold up to the pounding that safeties take.

Have not heard the same thing about him but Nelson is on the light side also.

I like Landry because he reminds me of Ronnie Lott in the games I have seen.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #20
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Anthony. Maddox. Can you say drastically lower paycheck?
our rotation is weak and i'm not sure if you've noticed but none of our DT's draw doubles which allows doubles on our ends. the kid is said to remind scouts of john henderson. he'd be great freeing up demeco ryans even more.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read