Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2006   #1
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Winning Cures All Ills

The Titans beat the Bills today and Vince Young had a great game. The Saints won big today too, and Reggie Bush had a career day.

But guess what? I don't care that we didn't draft those guys today. Why? BECAUSE THE TEXANS WON!!!

The home team put on a good show defensively and a good show offensively. David Carr had a sack-free, mistake-free football game. Our running game really came alive and the good guys won a football game the good old fashioned way.

Who cares what everyone else did!

If the Texans start winning 10-12 games a year, everyone will shut up about David Carr sucking and VY/RB being a god.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Winning Cures All Ills

Well we still have a lot of folks, day befor Chirstmass mind you, Still got DC tied to the whipping post. Seems to me you'd give the guy one day to enjoy the victory. Never underestimate Vincent man-love.

Keep Hope Alive !!!!
Old 12-24-2006   #3
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Cool Re: Winning Cures All Ills

Check out my boy VInce..

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/ope...&rpcontextheig ht=275
Old 12-24-2006   #4
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 60 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to mention it was Mario who forced the fumble to set us up to be 14-0 in the 1st.
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #5
Oilersfan
Rookie

Yes it was a great win, but lets remember this team still needs alot of help, both offensively and defensively. This isn't quite a cure all, but it's a good start.
Oilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #6
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

is it just me or did the play callin look alot different from other games
looks like all our big passing gains were from roll outs and looks like kubiak was just tryin to use some different plays, great play callin, nice win
i feel like cryin, hahaa
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #7
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

You're telling me you still don't want VY and RB? You're lying is what I say.
Old 12-24-2006   #8
Texansfan36
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
Nope I want P. Manning and LT
Texansfan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Research me if you must. I've been consistant as the sun on both. And I stand by that. Vincet is at the appex of his career. He will never become any better than what hs is today. Moreover, he is a moving target which will eventually get hit. And once that happens, the flaws in his game will be exoposed. Same for Reggie. Sooner or later someone will catch up with him. 126 with a TD today is not water walker status. Which is where some on this board had him. He had a good day today. Nothing more. Both are way over valued for fifty million. I only hope Bud is still alive to witness the down fall. It will be painfull and severe.
Old 12-24-2006   #10
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

We have found ways to lose all year. It was encouraging to see this team find a way to win, and to do so when the intensity level was at its peak.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
We have found ways to lose all year. It was encouraging to see this team find a way to win, and to do so when the intensity level was at its peak.
Good point and yes it was nice to see.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #12
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Read my original post very carefully. What I said was:
"I don't care that we didn't draft those guys today." Note the word "today." And what makes today special? The Texans won today.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #13
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansfan36 View Post
Nope I want P. Manning and LT
I wouldn't want Peyton Manning on my team. LT, yes. Peyton, no.

Last edited by Titan "Tack" Fan; 12-25-2006 at 12:01 AM.
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #14
Samer
Veteran

I want Tom Brady and LT...both know how to win
Old 12-24-2006   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samer View Post
I want Tom Brady and LT...both know how to win
Agree...he seems so fluid and comfortable in the pocket. I love watching peyton play though..he is the exact opposite he dances with his feet so much and looks like he is always feeling uncomfortable. he is a brilliant player though and makes incredible throws.

Peyton does have the best commercials of all though...if you like 6'5 230 lb quarterbacks. laser-rocket arm.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #16
AtheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
I wouldn't want Peyton Manning on my team. LT, yes. Peyton, no.
yeah, me too. becuase i wouldn't want all the "gotta break records" baggage coming to my team....
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #17
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
Yes, we witnessed a good thing yesterday, although when the TD was called back by the DRE hold.......I was sayin' to myself, "Oh no, not again. This is going to bite us in the a** at the end of the game." Thankfully, we saw a different ending to the story.
Old 12-25-2006   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Winning Cures All Ills

Beating the Colts, fot the first time in francxhise history on Christmas Eve is something I will neve forget.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #19
TNTitan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
The Titans beat the Bills today and Vince Young had a great game. The Saints won big today too, and Reggie Bush had a career day.

But guess what? I don't care that we didn't draft those guys today. Why? BECAUSE THE TEXANS WON!!!

The home team put on a good show defensively and a good show offensively. David Carr had a sack-free, mistake-free football game. Our running game really came alive and the good guys won a football game the good old fashioned way.

Who cares what everyone else did!

If the Texans start winning 10-12 games a year, everyone will shut up about David Carr sucking and VY/RB being a god.

Here's to wishful thinking in the New Year!
TNTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm getting rid of everyone who keeps derailing the threads here with VY and Bush banter....so keep this in mind as you post.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read