Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2006   #1
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kris Brown and the ST

I might be off the "get rid of KB bandwagon" now. A couple of long FG's today, including the game winner made me think we should keep him.

As for Chad Stanley, I'm still with cutting him. When you need a booming punt, he's good for 35 yards, when you need a short punt, it'll be 45 yards.

Dexter Wynn did a great job on that long KO return to put us in position to win.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #2
AggieTexan24
Rookie

Default Re: Kris Brown and the ST

Dexter Wynn returning it to the 40 late in the 4th quarter won the game
AggieTexan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, Stanley is very good at the short stuff, in general. He also gets a lot of hang time and they aren't returned for much. Whether it makes up for the short stuff and the occasional shank is a matter of opinion though.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Actually, Stanley is very good at the short stuff, in general. He also gets a lot of hang time and they aren't returned for much. Whether it makes up for the short stuff and the occasional shank is a matter of opinion though.
I dunno and I'm not in the loop...what I was wondering by the elevated preformances by some of the players was....ala Mrs Wand...have folks been reading the boards and seen thier nfl lives fixin to transition into something different. Just wondering. Baylor kid has been looking awefull good to me the last several games.
Old 12-24-2006   #5
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I was gonna start another thread about "a total team effort" and some players that have been on a lot of peoples "get rid of lists" stepping up and doing their jobs well today, but I saw your thread and thought I'd put my in.

I guess at the top of the list would be Carr. He did everything today he had to do to win. No earth-shaking stats. Just a solid game with no mistakes.

Kris Brown has been under the fans guns since last year, but if you look at his work this year he is alot better, and his game winning field goal today, I think, just solidified his position for next year.

O-line has been inconsistant all year, but today it looked like they put it all together. Don't get me wrong, I still think we need to get a high O-line draft pick, and if Thomas, by some miricle, is still there, I think we need to get him. We just don't have enough depth with that group, and McKinney, Salaam, Flanagan, and Wiegert are all old and injury prone.

Some "fans" and press say we made a mistake taking Mario over "you know who" and "you know who." I know his stats today (3 tac, 2 asst, 1 ff) don't seem too earthshattering, but how many think we would have won the game if he hadn't caused that fumble that was recovered by Weaver? I guess what I'm trying to say is, he is making plays that may seem inconsequential, but they are having an impact on the outcome of the game (The tipped pass at the end of the Miami game also comes to mind.), and I'm glad we got him!

JMHO! And Merry Christmas!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #6
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Brown's played well of late. Count me as recanting my vote to get rid of him, if he can keep this up consistently.
Old 12-24-2006   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, after a rough start he has been kicking them right down the middle. He's recovered his game.
Old 12-24-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still on the get rid of KB bandwagon.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read