Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-24-2006   #1
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Grossman Benched??

I'm looking at the box score and Griese(sp?) is in there now. Anyone know what the deal is? Did he get hurt or yanked?
Old 12-24-2006   #2
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Grossman Benched??

According to Lovie, he had planned to play Griese in the late 3 or early 4th whether Gossman was doing well or not. Might be some sort of strategy to get the backup ready for the playoffs in case the starter goes down, or could be just plain old BS. Your pick.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

nah, i'm guessing he planned this all along. they have eveything clinched, if the game mattered, grossman would've stayed in.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #4
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
nah, i'm guessing he planned this all along. they have eveything clinched, if the game mattered, grossman would've stayed in.
That is what I thought when I heard it.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
According to Lovie, he had planned to play Griese in the late 3 or early 4th whether Gossman was doing well or not. Might be some sort of strategy to get the backup ready for the playoffs in case the starter goes down, or could be just plain old BS. Your pick.
Could be a good idea. I would like Chicago to do well in the playoffs...I just don't see the Defense bailing him out every game against the elite teams. Also don't see Indy advances to far with that run D for that matter.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #6
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Yup the plan was that Griese was supposed to get most of the snaps in the second half. I heard this before the game so it's not just Lovie covering for Rex. If anything Rex played longer than expected as I don't think Griese went in until the 4th quarter.
Old 12-26-2006   #7
Drager
Rookie

I'm sure Lovie Smith just wanted his backup to get some reps before the playoffs started just in case. Also, why risk Grossman getting hurt in the 4th Q of a game that doesn't matter?
Being a guy that just doesn't trust Grossman, I'm glad Griese's getting some reps. I thought he should've been starting when Grossman was playing like crap. I just want the Bears to win. But since they lost Mike Brown, the defense has struggled. They've struggled even more now that Tommie Harris is gone. Doesn't look too good.
Drager is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read