Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2006   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dayne is going to be a perfect backup to DD in '07

When DD gets healthy next year, he's going to be that 3rd down back we need to punch it in for the TD.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #2
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dayne is going to be a perfect backup to DD in '07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
When DD gets healthy next year, he's going to be that 3rd down back we need to punch it in for the TD.
I hope I'm wrong, but I think you need to give up the idea of DD ever coming back....
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #3
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I think Dayne will be a good backup to Marshawn Lynch.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

The only place DD is going is to the moblity store. Last report I saw on here was DD has no cartledge in one knee. The come back has been greatly exaggerated.
Old 12-24-2006   #5
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I hope I'm wrong, but I think you need to give up the idea of DD ever coming back....
Is his injury career threatening? I think DD will recover and be at full strength in '07.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Old 12-24-2006   #6
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82108 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I don't think DD is ever coming back. It's been said time and time again that docs say he needs surgery to get fully healed and he's said that he will never get surgery again. Ron Dayne looked damn good today and I'm happy to have him here.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #7
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
prettttty much. lol
Old 12-24-2006   #8
johndoe
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 johndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVP

yea sadly d davis will more than likely never play another down
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not sure on DD coming back
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #10
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't count on DD coming back healthy. Even if he somehow manages to come back we still need a good running back.
Old 12-24-2006   #11
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Back up for 3 games before DD has to shut it down.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #12
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
The only place DD is going is to the moblity store. Last report I saw on here was DD has no cartledge in one knee. The come back has been greatly exaggerated.
I heard that DD has the Houston franchise for the "Scooter Store" and the "Hov-a-round"....
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #13
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is his injury career threatening?
Yes.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #14
Sportsfan
All Pro

Its very doubtful that DD will come back. Its time to move past that.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #15
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Wow, I guess I was wrong. Is Dayne going to be a starter here or we're going to bring in someone else (Chris Brown?)?

Old 12-24-2006   #16
MrMeToo
All Pro

Is DD going to be healthy enough to play next year?
Old 12-24-2006   #17
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo View Post
Is DD going to be healthy enough to play next year?
MrMeToo - read the 1st 14 posts.

Old 12-24-2006   #18
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

i want dayne subing with DD so as help keep DD healthy & to give us the "thunder & lightning" effect even though DD is not exactly lightning.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #19
Dime
Hall of Fame

Ok.. you all need a bit more clarification..

DD knee is almost bone on bone and it is not something that grows back (refering to the cartildge). DD at the end of this year will probably be forced to retire from football, because it will only get worse, and more painful.
Old 12-24-2006   #20
K.D.
Veteran

As much as i want DD back, its very unlikely that hes coming back. But i wouldn't take a rb with our 1st pick. Taylor seems to be a guy who could do some damage when given the opportunity and more explosive than lundy. 1st pick on o-line Thomas, no doubt.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read