Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2006   #1
CoogBull
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to CoogBull
Default Well I found my good luck charm.

This win is all on me.

The other day my brother-in-law gave me an old Houston Oilers sweater from the 70's.

I wore it today on a whim, and we won. It has now become my offical good luck charm.

I want my Texans and the fans to go out and have a good celebration. We have waited a long time for an upset like this. We have earned it.

Go Texans beat the Browns.

CoogBull - A man for all seasons.
CoogBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Re: Well I found my good luck charm.

Leave the sweater on!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #3
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it might've been me, I usually drink Bud Lite during the games but today I drank some Shiner Blondes.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #4
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 39634 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Been outta coffee, so I haven't had REAL coffee all day! Nah...couldn't be THAT...please don't let it be THAT!!!
Old 12-24-2006   #5
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

That's funny because I was telling my wife that we won because of my new good luck charm. I just got a football last week that the Texans used in practice, I won it in a charity auction and the whole game I kept in my grasp, throwing it in the air, just played around with my two year old daughter. Plus we put a Texan t-shirt on my daughter for the first time.

So you wear your sweater and I will toss around my Texan practice ball and BAM! More W's are coming our way!!!!

The best Christmas present I could have gotten this year was this W against the Colts. Thanks to Kubiak and all of the Houston Texans! Merry Christmas!!!
Old 12-24-2006   #6
CoogBull
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to CoogBull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
I think it might've been me, I usually drink Bud Lite during the games but today I drank some Shiner Blondes.
Get this man more Shiner Blonde.

With a blonde in your hand nothing can go wrong...till she takes half.

CoogBull - A man for all seasons.
CoogBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

no it was me..i wore the same shirt that i wore to the 19-10 win over the boys...its only the 2nd time i have worn it
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2006   #8
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Rep Power: 45762 Lauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope. It's because I didn't go to the game.

I didn't attend the Dolphins, Jags, or Colts home games this season and we beat them. I am officially a bad luck charm and have been uninvited to all games until we start winning.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I forgot to mention I had one as well. Brought a friend of mine who bought a Texans sweater and only wore it once before the game in Indy. He wore it to the Texans 24-6 win in Pittsburgh.
Old 12-27-2006   #10
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41343 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought it was my RUN RUN RONNIE song that inspired the victory over the Colts!
Old 12-28-2006   #11
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 17 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Okay, everybody do exactly the same thing this Sunday.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #12
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
I thought it was my RUN RUN RONNIE song that inspired the victory over the Colts!
speaking of songs, why dont the Texans have a fight song? I mean didnt we try it in 2003? I mean, the band (or choir) playing the song after the TD's made it kind of sissyish, but i think we should give it another shot. i mean, the eagles' song is catchy....fight eagles fly, on the road to victory....

just a thought...
Old 12-28-2006   #13
los is 7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
people should not drink more than 8 Shiner Blondes, I have witnesses this more than once!
los is 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #14
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
Nope. It's because I didn't go to the game.

I didn't attend the Dolphins, Jags, or Colts home games this season and we beat them. I am officially a bad luck charm and have been uninvited to all games until we start winning.
She's telling the truth.

Both touchdowns against the Titans she was in the bathroom. We made her go out to the parking lot for the second half.

She turned the game on in overtime only to hear the "one play" that Vince Young sealed the game with.

She is my fiance', but she is no longer welcome back at the games.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

The only game that I actually saw them win this year was at home against Jville. Maybe this whole Austin not showing the Texans helps.

Nah!!! We lost 40-7 to New England.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Every time I have to go take a dump, Ron Dayne scores.

Of course I totally made that up, but it sounds realistic somehow.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I should eat a lot of spicey buffalo wings with Dr. Pepper and avoid yogurt like the plague. Gotta s'pport the team!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #18
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Every time I have to go take a dump, Ron Dayne scores.
Not exactly a good luck charm that I'd ever want to see. LOL!
Old 12-28-2006   #19
sixfour
Site Contributor

Section: 136/350/353
Rep Power: 40 sixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=CoogBull;550198]Get this man more Shiner Blonde.

With a blonde in your hand nothing can go wrong...till she takes half.[/QUOTE]

Good one!
sixfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

My good luck charm, bought several for Christmas presents to the Texans Demolition Crew:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read