Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-24-2006   #1
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Default **The Official Troy Smith For QB Thread**

TROY SMITH FOR QB - '07

Okay now I've been a fan of David Carr and I've stood behind him no matter what's going on.. when the NFL sack record was put on him I blamed everything around him. When passes were being under and over thrown I blamed his O-line and pass trajectery. Of Course the dropped passes are
not his fault. When people were calling for Carr's head, you can check the post I was the one that said.. hey Give Carr and this offense a chance.. he's got Kubiak now things are gonna be much better.

Now I've seen what he can, no lemme rephrase that I've seen what he "CANT" do in this offense and it's actually kinda disturbing to me. When he sees the blitz coming he tends to give up on the play and take the sack. I'm sorry that's not something that I can vouche for. I've ignored it for the past 5 years but now it's getting ridcioulous. I hate losing and I hate that we have so much young talent and he's going to waste cause of poor QB decisions. I'm not saying that David Carr does not deserve to play in this league I just think that there is a possiblity that DC is damaged goods and may need to move to a different team and city in order to resurrect his career. Wherever he goes he will always have a place in my football heart.

I believe that it's time to bring in some new blood.. a new face of the franchise. Somebody that doesn't have to be FIXED like David Carr has to be. Someone with a fresh and clean mind. I personally think Troy Smith is my #1 pick for this job. Whether it would be draft him and let him sit behind Carr for a year. Or Trade Carr and let him sit behind Rosenfels for a year whatever the case maybe something needs to happen in order to put this franchise back in the right direction.

I know that Kubiak has a lot of crap to clean up from the whole Capers/Casserly era but you have to start from the top. Why not start with a fresh face who has ALL the tools and potential to be one the best in the NFL. Troy Smith has the scrambling ability to escape the pressure in the pocket (which helps alot wit the porous o-line we have), throws VERY well on the run (Which is great for Kubiak's system), and he's an accurate passer (which is great for any system or team). Personally I have Troy Smith rated higher than Vince Young in the young QB faceoff.

I know people say college stats means absolutely nothing when it comes to translating to the pros however you can not deny what he has done for the QB position. No he's not as fast as Vince Young and no he is not as big as Young but he is a more accurate passer and in my opinion a better decision maker. (Young 26Tds / 10Ints) (Smith 30Tds / 5Ints and that's just so far). When you see the games there's without a doubt who the leader is of this high powered offense. You can see it in his eyes and he plays with a passion.

He's a QB first then a scrambler as a last resort, he's had absoluletly no durability issues in his career, he's been nothing but productive.. he also has the tools and potential to change a game on the ground or through the air. Personally I haven't seen a guy throw the long bomb so well in a long time. AJ would finally be put to good use. And Also this guy leads the reciever well and puts the in a position where they can make something happen wit the ball.. Imagine AJ getting the ball in open space with a defender 4 yards behind him and one man to beat or better let put Mathis in that position. What is not to like about this guy. Majority of people believe that we need a better QB well he's staring you right in ths face. So this is my plea to Mr. McNair and the FO please DRAFT TROY SMITH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43AWsi4miNQ
Old 12-24-2006   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: **The Official Troy Smith For QB Thread**

I'm on board.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #3
MrMeToo
All Pro

Yeah me too. Anything but Carr...
Old 12-24-2006   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i'll take smith.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #5
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

I want Want Smith! Remember when we had vince battle red avatars, lets make a troy smith one

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #6
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

im on board
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #7
Oilersfan
Rookie

Troy Smith is on a team full of studs, he is not one of them, just another Akili Smith in the making, draft this guy, and it will set us back another 5 yrs.
Oilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2006   #8
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Its not fair that you come out and say that just because somebody has talent around him that he's gonna be (insert name)..

if that's the case, put Carson Palmer on that list he was loaded with talent at USC and he's doing a great job at Cincy. Aaron Brooks had Joe Horn and Duece McCallister but still did nothing in NO, Griese had talent around him and did nothing at Denver. Put Young on that list he had Sweed, Benson, Charles and Roy Williams so does that mean he's gonna be nothing..??

Forget the talent around him.. the guys puts it where only the reciever can get it.. he throws very well on the run and can escape pressure. He also doesnt make many mental mistakes.
Old 12-24-2006   #9
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofHouston View Post
Its not fair that you come out and say that just because somebody has talent around him that he's gonna be (insert name)..

if that's the case, put Carson Palmer on that list he was loaded with talent at USC and he's doing a great job at Cincy. Aaron Brooks had Joe Horn and Duece McCallister but still did nothing in NO, Griese had talent around him and did nothing at Denver. Put Young on that list he had Sweed, Benson, Charles and Roy Williams so does that mean he's gonna be nothing..??

Forget the talent around him.. the guys puts it where only the reciever can get it.. he throws very well on the run and can escape pressure. He also doesnt make many mental mistakes.
I liked Troy Smith too until I saw that picture of him pointing his fingers out there.....started giving me flashbacks to......to.......to........

Last edited by DRAMA; 12-24-2006 at 05:10 PM.
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #10
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Texian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan View Post
Troy Smith is on a team full of studs, he is not one of them, just another Akili Smith in the making, draft this guy, and it will set us back another 5 yrs.
yeah, just think about all those great players around akili smith at oregon.
Old 12-24-2006   #12
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't Akili a Tedford QB?
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
Wasn't Akili a Tedford QB?
yup. meanwhile troy smith is operating a pro-style offense to perfection.
Old 12-26-2006   #14
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
yup. meanwhile troy smith is operating a pro-style offense to perfection.
Couldn't Have Put It Better Myself..
Old 12-26-2006   #15
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMA View Post
I liked Troy Smith too until I saw that picture of him pointing his fingers out there.....started giving me flashbacks to......to.......to........

Now that is scary! I'm on the QB with any pick besides our 1st or 2nd bandwagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans need to do what is smart fix the lines. why ruin another QB?

we continue to put the cart before the horse
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #17
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Thats a big no to the Troy Smith Texans pick. I want defensive players, and offensive linemen.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #18
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

quote of our franchise.
Old 12-26-2006   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
like pouring beer from a keg without a glass your mouth just can't catch it all

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Thats a big no to the Troy Smith Texans pick. I want defensive players, and offensive linemen.
That makes too of us. I was very happy with the win over the Colts. But, it came at a high price. Joe Thomas is definatly gone. I'm braced for the Big TD, or LeRon. won't it be funny..... if ....after all the banter over All Day...he falls to the eighth pick...and keeps falling after Kubes & Smith says no way to that injury history. Don't think the smurf QB is in their plans either but I've never picked a first round correct yet. Keep Hope Alive !!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read