Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who Are You Most Disappointed In?
Coach Kubiak 12 17.91%
Dunta Robinson 4 5.97%
Mario Williams 10 14.93%
Anthony Weaver 5 7.46%
Travis Johnson 8 11.94%
Antwaan Peek 1 1.49%
Jason Babin 1 1.49%
Morlon Greenwood 0 0%
Kevin Walter 3 4.48%
Bob McNair 23 34.33%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2006   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who Are You Most Disappointed In???

Excluding Carr (who would obviously win this poll by a landslide) who are you the most disappointed in this season?

1) Coach Kubiak - In charge of another terrible Texans offense. Has obviously made bad personnel decisions. Manages the games too conservatively.

2) Dunta Robinson - Only 2 interceptions and has been beaten on several big plays, including a TD to Jabar Gaffney last week.

3) Mario Williams - Has not played like a #1 overall draft pick.

4) Anthony Weaver - Our big free agent pickup on the defensive side of the ball that has done very little.

5) Travis Johnson - Looking like a total bust as a #1 draft pick.

6) Antwaan Peek - Another sub-par year.

7) Jason Babin - Very little impact considering he was a 1st round draft pick.

8) Morlon Greenwood - Does not play up to his salary. Never makes big plays.

9) Kevin Walter - A "big" free agent signing that has done little to nothing.

10) Bob McNair - Has done almost everything wrong as an owner which has resulted in the worst start of any franchise in recent NFL history.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #2
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88
Default Re: Who Are You Most Disappointed In???

Considering what was available in the 2005 draft and how poorly TJ has done, I voted for Johnson. I still have big expectations and he hasn't done much of anything to justify his pick. BTW, im not a UT fan so please nobody make me out to sound bitter because we didnt get Derrick Johnson (wouldve much rather prefered him or Jamaal Brown).
Old 12-23-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Weaver has done well, he even has an INT, he's just dissapeared lately. I would blame the conservative offense on the line, as there is no time for Carr to do his hair, his nails, AND throw downfield. Babin leads the team in sacks as a rotational player. He and Peek also have the disadvantage of having to get accustomed to a new position in a new body build. Kevin Walter is a first down machine. McNair has cleaned house, what more do you want? Greenwood is playing better than last year, so I'm not truly dissapointed in him. Dunta Robinson and Travis Johnson are the only dissapointments in your list. I would say the biggest dissapointment this season is a tie with the safeties.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #4
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

TJ is about the only guy on that list I am dissappointed in.

Dissappointed he turned up this year out of shape.
Old 12-23-2006   #5
Minotaur
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Minotaur

Weaver. He has been a dissapointment.

nflrumors.blogspot.com
Minotaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I started to ask why Carr wasn't an option but I think most of us knew he sucked going into the season so I guess that wouldn't make him a disappointment since nothing was expected of him.

I voted for McNair. When this guy brought football back to Houston it looked like he was doing everything right. However, as an owner in the NFL he has been doing most everything wrong. His odd loyalty to Carr despite Carr's non production is right at the top.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #7
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

I forget to add Jeb Putzier to the list. Another free agent signing that has done little to nothing.
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2006   #8
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
I didn't vote because the nay-sayer fans were not a choice.
Yeah, it's probably our fault that this team is so bad and that so many players have underperformed.
Old 12-23-2006   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
I forget to add Jeb Putzier to the list. Another free agent signing that has done little to nothing.
Definite winner. He might as well be back with the Broncos.
Old 12-23-2006   #10
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
i won't say that. we haven't ran a lot of two TE sets. At least not the amount I expected. I was hoping to see it more primary especially with our blocking. also remember he was beaten out by daniels if you recall.
Old 12-23-2006   #11
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

The Houston Texans. It's a team success, as well as a team failure.
Old 12-23-2006   #12
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum View Post
The Houston Texans. It's a team success, as well as a team failure.
NUFF SAID.
Old 12-23-2006   #13
t_flare
Veteran

Yup... sorry thead maker but football is a team game... Why are the Colts good? Not because of Manning but because of good O-Line play, good Wr's Good RB play..
t_flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #14
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Im not really upset with any of them. Everyone has had a subpar season except Demeco
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #15
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
A new head coach takes some getting used to.

I look at football from a fan perspective who has a daddy coaching on the sidelines. You live the game 24/7 and hear about all the plots and plans. I guess we just see things differently.

So your daddy blames the fans when his team fails?

NFL football players get paid big money to produce. We've had 5 years of nothing but excuses around here.
Old 12-23-2006   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

where is Sage? big contract. I expected him to challenge Carr. stupid special teams :brickwall

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #17
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

I have two people 1st of all Bob Mcnair for letting personal feelings affect how the team drafted i wont get in to details but im sure all of you know what im referring to

2nd Gary Kubiak for not putting the best team on the field it has been clear even through preseason Sage looked better than David Carr and he never got a start.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #18
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Sage didn't look great when he plays, he just has some flashes that make fans believe he is starting caliber. When he gets the opportunity, he stinks it up. Ask the Fins fans.
Old 12-23-2006   #19
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

i blame bob mcnair for not getting enough talent on this team for kubiak or anybody to work with
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #20
K.D.
Veteran

Entire o-line should be a option. That's who im most disappointed in. They just get man-handled every stinking week, no matter who is in there.Never no pocket and barely open running lanes, and can't seem to get a push on anyone's d-line, always getting pushed backwards.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read