Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2006   #21
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881
Default Re: Sage Rosenfels a candidate for Starting QB Job in 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Perhaps that was because they were already down by a ton and the Titans were playing soft prevent defense. Look at your sample size there. Its like saying I saw a guy who ran for 25 yards in the last 5 minutes of a game and then expecting him to run for 300 yards every week.
They're not going to stop trying even if they have a 20 point lead. Look at the Patriots last week, they didn't stop trying after they were up by 21, they kept going and scored 40 points. Against the Titans it's not like they were down by 20 and we only scored once, Sage scored 3 times. You're telling me they weren't trying at all from the point we were done by a ton to the point that we were only down by 6?

And I know it's only a "small sample" size of action, but what else makes you believe that he can't be better than David or Plummer or whoever we bring in? Last year in Miami? There hasn't been any proof that he can't do a better job. And if you want to say that he hasn't been good in the past I don't think that is any kind of proof, look at Jeff Garcia this year. He has never been that good but look what he's doing in Philly right now. Until he gets out there and fumbles the ball three times in a game our throws two interceptions in the first quarter and four in a game, I don't see any reason to believe he can't be a decent starter for us.
Old 12-23-2006   #22
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
oh god how many times do people have to say this

HES ON IR
but i like sage when he played in the titans game i like the way he looks in the pocket, he looks for confortable then david carr, and his throwin motion looks better to
oh **** i went brain dead sorry about that..i knew that
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #23
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
And if you want to say that he hasn't been good in the past I don't think that is any kind of proof, look at Jeff Garcia this year. He has never been that good but look what he's doing in Philly right now.
You are talking about the same Garcia who has been to 3 pro bowls aren't you??? Not good/been to 3 pro bowls.... man I wish Carr was that poorly performed.... is there any other gems you want to bring to the table??

Garcia Career Stats
Passing Rushing Fumb.
Year Team G Comp Att Pct. Yds TD Int
2000 SF 16 355 561 63.3 4278 31 10
2001 SF 16 316 504 62.7 3538 32 12
2002 SF 16 328 528 62.1 3344 21 10
2003 SF 13 225 392 57.4 2704 18 13

Here are Rosenfels for comparison

Career Stats
Year Team G Comp Att Pct. Yds TD INT
2002 MIA 2 0 3 0.0 0 0 1
2003 MIA 2 4 6 66.7 50 1 0
2004 MIA 3 16 39 41.0 264 1 3
2005 MIA 4 34 61 55.7 462 4 3

Way to compare apples with apples.
Old 12-23-2006   #24
Minotaur
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Minotaur

Quote:
You are talking about the same Garcia who has been to 3 pro bowls aren't you??? Not good/been to 3 pro bowls.... man I wish Carr was that poorly performed.... is there any other gems you want to bring to the table??

Garcia Career Stats
Passing Rushing Fumb.
Year Team G Comp Att Pct. Yds TD Int
2000 SF 16 355 561 63.3 4278 31 10
2001 SF 16 316 504 62.7 3538 32 12
2002 SF 16 328 528 62.1 3344 21 10
2003 SF 13 225 392 57.4 2704 18 13

Here are Rosenfels for comparison

Career Stats
Year Team G Comp Att Pct. Yds TD INT
2002 MIA 2 0 3 0.0 0 0 1
2003 MIA 2 4 6 66.7 50 1 0
2004 MIA 3 16 39 41.0 264 1 3
2005 MIA 4 34 61 55.7 462 4 3

Way to compare apples with apples.
Garcia is way better, but Rosenfels is/will be better than Carr

nflrumors.blogspot.com
Minotaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #25
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
Garcia is way better, but Rosenfels is/will be better than Carr
Can you give me some proof to that?? that is all I ask, I could sy Porter is actually the answer and he will be better than Joe Montana but what is my evidence?
Old 12-23-2006   #26
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
I never saw him play in Miami how did he do there? he seems to be similar to DC in the fact he doesn't go deep and loves little short passes, to safe i guess
He was a Back up in Miami...Seems when he did come into the game, he actually made several come backs to win the game when they were down...Like he almost did when Carr was benched for the first Titans game...Look at the guys stats just the short time he was in for Carr...I think he deserves a chance, at least for a whole game to see how he does...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #27
Minotaur
Rookie

Quote:
Can you give me some proof to that?? that is all I ask, I could say Porter is actually the answer and he will be better than Joe Montana but what is my evidence?
Garcia moves around in the pocket, while Rosenfels is strictly a pocket passer. Consider:

Rosenfels:
81/148, 1041 yards, 9 TD, 7 INT, 77.6 rating
Experience: 6
GS: 2

Garcia:
1795/2947, 20118 yards, 135 TD, 72 INT, 86.4 rating
Experience: 8
GS: 90

nflrumors.blogspot.com
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2006   #28
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

One of the things that make me wonder about Rosenfels is that he has been in the league 6 years on teams with questionable quarterback situations and he has never won the starters job. 6 years is a pretty decent time to prve yourself in practice.
Old 12-23-2006   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
One of the things that make me wonder about Rosenfels is that he has been in the league 6 years on teams with questionable quarterback situations and he has never won the starters job. 6 years is a pretty decent time to prve yourself in practice.
Yeah....... kinda sound like Jake Delhomme, or Kurt Warner......
Old 12-23-2006   #30
joeton
Rookie

I thought that this season would be better for David. I had my hopes up that he would do great. I still think that the O-line needs some work. Not to mention that a good deal of them are injured. I still would have loved to see David do great. Anyway, I don't mind who they make the starter, just as long as we have more than four wins next season. I will actually be in Texas to go to some games next year. I would also like to see Wali play more. I think that he will end up being a good pick for us, I hope that they play him more next year. I don't know if I would release David, maybe trade him for a rather decent WR coach. I don't know though.
joeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #31
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Yeah....... kinda sound like Jake Delhomme, or Kurt Warner......
Kurt Warner started his second year and threw 41 TD's

I'll give you Delhomme it was his 6th year.... but he was highly regarded in the Matt Schaub mould.... Sage not so much
Old 12-23-2006   #32
mganz
Rookie

Did I miss something? Has it been decided that Carr is gone next year? I have not heard that, but i've been working the last few days.
mganz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #33
Minotaur
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mganz View Post
Did I miss something? Has it been decided that Carr is gone next year? I have not heard that, but i've been working the last few days.
Not quite. Just a rumor right now.

nflrumors.blogspot.com
Old 12-23-2006   #34
mganz
Rookie

Quote:
Not quite. Just a rumor right now.
ok, thanks
mganz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #35
kenneth24
Veteran

IF its Plummer or Sage, I'd prefer Sage with a rookie in waiting IF Carr is traded or released.

I think we should give Dave Ragone a chance! He was great in Europe! ACTIVATE RAGONE! ACTIVATE RAGONE!
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #36
jayjordan
Rookie

Sage would be a good start to a better offense I think. Hey lets start a "Rosenfels for QB" campaign
jayjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #37
Minotaur
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth24 View Post
IF its Plummer or Sage, I'd prefer Sage with a rookie in waiting IF Carr is traded or released.

I think we should give Dave Ragone a chance! He was great in Europe! ACTIVATE RAGONE! ACTIVATE RAGONE!

Ragone is a Free Agent, I believe

nflrumors.blogspot.com
Old 12-24-2006   #38
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Ragone is a Free Agent, I believe
Ragone would be an excellent candidate for your starting QB next year.

Sincerely,

Charlie Casserly
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007   #39
Sportsfan
All Pro

Just heard reported this morning that the Bears and Vikings are talking to Jeff Garcia. I doubt he'd come here anyway.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007   #40
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo View Post
Regretfully so...It's sad that Sage Rosenfels is way better than our 1st string QB.
Well i like Sage as well, but we can't really say he's better then Carr since he hasn't proven himself playing a whole game....
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read