Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2006   #1
Minotaur
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Minotaur
Default Sage Rosenfels a candidate for Starting QB Job in 2007

Sage Rosenfels may get the nod next season as the Texans' starting QB, pending the names they've been dangling around.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=1276

nflrumors.blogspot.com
Minotaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #2
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Default Re: Sage Rosenfels a candidate for Starting QB Job in 2007

They are not sure Jake Plummer would be an upgrade over Rosenfels??? I can't take that seriously...
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #3
Sportsfan
All Pro

Thats what i'm hoping for.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #4
Minotaur
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32 View Post
They are not sure Jake Plummer would be an upgrade over Rosenfels??? I can't take that seriously...
Jake Plummer would come here because of Gary Kubiak. However, I feel Plummer would be a better backup. Plummer is interception-happy. Rosenfels is the better QB, IMO.

nflrumors.blogspot.com
Old 12-23-2006   #5
MrMeToo
All Pro

Regretfully so...It's sad that Sage Rosenfels is way better than our 1st string QB.
Old 12-23-2006   #6
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

I'd like to see him play the whole game on Sunday, since we're talking about it. But of course, that won't happen...*sigh! *
Old 12-23-2006   #7
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyTexansFan View Post
I'd like to see him play the whole game on Sunday, since we're talking about it. But of course, that won't happen...*sigh! *

Probably because he is injured.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2006   #8
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyTexansFan View Post
Dude! He is on IR, out for the season, broken hand, can't play!
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #9
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo View Post
Regretfully so...It's sad that Sage Rosenfels is way better than our 1st string QB.
Based on what?? Why do people see Sage through rose coloured glasses?? :brickwall

Remeber this is the guy that coudn't beat out Gus Frerrotte in Miami and made that organisation think the footballer formally known as Culpepper would be an upgrade too.

Sure I am for letting him compete for the job, heck allow all comers a shot at the job so we get the best player available to do the job, but lets not go and crown the court jester.
Old 12-23-2006   #10
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Plummer thrived with Kubiak in Denver. Having Plummer, Sage, and Kolb or Smith would be okay, I guess.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #11
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Based on what?? Why do people see Sage through rose coloured glasses?? :brickwall
Maybe because against the Titans he came in for David Carr and threw 3 TDs in less than half a game and we almost came back and won. I don't think that David Carr has thrown for 3 TDs in a game this year, much less a half.
Old 12-23-2006   #12
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

do u think sage will get some action in tomorrows game?
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #13
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedtexansfan513 View Post
do u think sage will get some action in tomorrows game?
oh god how many times do people have to say this

HES ON IR
but i like sage when he played in the titans game i like the way he looks in the pocket, he looks for confortable then david carr, and his throwin motion looks better to
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #14
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
Maybe because against the Titans he came in for David Carr and threw 3 TDs in less than half a game and we almost came back and won. I don't think that David Carr has thrown for 3 TDs in a game this year, much less a half.
Perhaps that was because they were already down by a ton and the Titans were playing soft prevent defense. Look at your sample size there. Its like saying I saw a guy who ran for 25 yards in the last 5 minutes of a game and then expecting him to run for 300 yards every week.
Old 12-23-2006   #15
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
oh god how many times do people have to say this

HES ON IR
but i like sage when he played in the titans game i like the way he looks in the pocket, he looks for confortable then david carr, and his throwin motion looks better to
Don't waste your breath, Dunta23, some people just don't read the other posts.... or pay attention to what is happening with the team...

BTW, when does P-Buc get back on the field
Old 12-23-2006   #16
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
Sage Rosenfels may get the nod next season as the Texans' starting QB, pending the names they've been dangling around.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=1276
Thats what i want....The guy deserves a chance.
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #17
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I never saw him play in Miami how did he do there? he seems to be similar to DC in the fact he doesn't go deep and loves little short passes, to safe i guess
Old 12-23-2006   #18
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo View Post
248 sacks and counting. It's not surprizing at all.
Old 12-23-2006   #19
Minotaur
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

Remeber this is the guy that coudn't beat out Gus Frerrotte in Miami and made that organisation think the footballer formally known as Culpepper would be an upgrade too.

Sure I am for letting him compete for the job, heck allow all comers a shot at the job so we get the best player available to do the job, but lets not go and crown the court jester.
Gus Frerotte was the Dolphins' "pretty boy". In other words, "I play, and no one else does, regardless." The Phins lost faith in Feeley, so Frerotte got the nod. In 2004, Feeley was benched in favor of Rosenfels. He threw for four touchdowns, and filled in for Jay Fiedler when he was injured, throwing a touchdown in a three-season span.

nflrumors.blogspot.com
Old 12-23-2006   #20
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

well I know that Plummer was sat for a reason. I am not sure I want another Incompetant QB. I also don't want to be referred to as the Bronco II's or the Houston Broncos. Kubiak i know you're from Denver but you're in Texas now lets do something here and start a new

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read