Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-22-2006   #1
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Major Applewhite for OC

Would that sooth some tsip feelings around here?
I haven't heard anything. For some reason his name is the first that popped in my mind...

Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006   #2
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Major Applewhite for OC

Sure, just what we need...a first year college offensive coordinator to take over. Perhaps we could bring in Chris Simms and make the story complete.
Old 12-22-2006   #3
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

All though I dislike the Longhorns I have heard he is not half bad so I would be up to a horn run the offense. Hell a Aggie and Longhorn working together to turn the offense around the world will stop turning. All kidding aside I say give it a shot it could not be any worse than what they are running now. Heres a question for ya if he becomes OC does he try and convince them to get Chris Simms?
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Uh...in a word....no. I have Alex Gibbs as #1 on our target list.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006   #5
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Actually, he might make a good QB for us.

He was better then Chris Simms.

Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006   #6
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Well, the kid is on quite the coaching fast track. After one year as a quarterbacks coach at Syracuse, Rice hired him as offensive coordinator. And now, in his first year, Rice is going to its first bowl game in 45 years.

Ready for the NFL? Probably not. But I didn't think he was ready to be an offensive coordinator yet, and he proved me wrong.
Old 12-23-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a joke.
Old 12-23-2006   #8
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

His future looks good, but after watching Rice get handled yesterday, which them making a bowl game after decades of missing out is pretty impressive, he still has alot to learn.
Would not be NFL ready yet, but in a few years who knows...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #9
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharton View Post

...no doubt! FYI, he was signed to a FA contract out of UT by the Patriots but--because of bad knees--gave the signing money back and opted for coaching instead...very intelligent and great communicator...was a mentor at UT and always involved with 'youth'

Rice scored a lot of points this year but their defense allowed a lot, like to see them come back--maybe their 'baseball magic' will rob off on their football program
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101624 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Give Applewhite a couple of years and he will either wind up a HC in college or might make it in the NFL as a QB coach and eventually an OC.

He is definitely on the "fast track" as coaches go.....
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #11
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

I met him (he is offensive coordinator for rice) because he was at my school looking at our qb for rice. (he is the offensive coordinator there). I loved him at Texas and it was a cool experience sitting down and talking football with him. I still don't know why they benched him and put chris simms in... but I guess when you have a dad who is really good you can accomplish anything.
yourfavoritetexan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #12
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharton View Post

I always thought so too. Simms got the role because of his name. Applewhite could play circles around Chris from what I saw back then. Too bad he ended up getting hurt.
Old 01-10-2007   #13
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Bump!
Old 01-10-2007   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Still a joke
Old 01-10-2007   #15
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Still a joke
Hilarious man just hilarious!! There is no way at all dude why even think of that topic?!

Like Toro man its a joke.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #16
gsbtxn
Veteran

http://http://www.fanblogs.com/alabama/006885.php

Rumor has it Saban may want him at Alabama.
Adoptor of Eric Winston #73
gsbtxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #17
Revolution
All Pro

Quote:
Still a joke
KT, reading comprehension, my man, reading comprehension...

I haven't heard anything. For some reason his name is the first that popped in my mind...

Duuuuuuhhhhhhhhr....my name is KT.....
Old 01-10-2007   #18
Revolution
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbtxn View Post
http://http://www.fanblogs.com/alabama/006885.php

Rumor has it Saban may want him at Alabama.
That's one I have heard...
Old 01-10-2007   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
KT, reading comprehension, my man, reading comprehension...

Duuuuuuhhhhhhhhr....my name is KT.....
Actually it was a derogatory high brow left handed zinger. Did not think you would get it and to quote Dorfman, Ohhhh Boooooyyyyyy, isn't this greaaaaat?!?!
Old 01-10-2007   #20
Revolution
All Pro

Quote:
Actually it was a derogatory high brow left handed zinger. Did not think you would get it and to quote Dorfman, Ohhhh Boooooyyyyyy, isn't this greaaaaat?!?!
It took you 15 minutes to come up with that????

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read