Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-22-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chris Taylor sighting?

Quote:
Texans rookie running back Chris Taylor is expected to back up Ron Dayne in the game Sunday. Dayne makes his second consecutive start; Taylor looks to record his first pro carry. Wali Lundy will also be on the active roster, but Taylor likely will play ahead of him because coach Gary Kubiak wants an opportunity to see how Taylor does in a regular-season game.
Posted December 22, by Ben Maller
http://www.benmaller.com/archives/20...mber/22#126463
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Re: Chris Taylor sighting?

Itd be nice to see how he does. I know he cant pick up a blitz, but perhaps that can be coached in the off season.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Itd be nice to see how he does. I know he cant pick up a blitz, but perhaps that can be coached in the off season.
very true
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006   #4
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

He should've gotten his first carries last week, when we were down by 33 in the 4th quarter. I'm excited to see him play, I'm just nervous to see him get in there in a position where we need him to make something happen. All we need is a mistake when we are in the game.
Old 12-22-2006   #5
AndreRulz
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to AndreRulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
He should've gotten his first carries last week, when we were down by 33 in the 4th quarter. I'm excited to see him play, I'm just nervous to see him get in there in a position where we need him to make something happen. All we need is a mistake when we are in the game.
Taylor will be alright big and fast.
decent numbers last year: about 760 yards 4 TDs and a 4.7 avg.
Old 12-22-2006   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I know some of you have been waiting all year to see him, but keep in mind Kubiak wants to have the ability to have Taylor on the Practice Squad next year, just in case Taylor can't improve his blocking or is just generally inconsistent.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006   #7
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

it seems like for the past 3 weeks, somebody says that chris taylor will get more action at rb, but i havent seen him yet. i mean, i know here in cc the texans are about blacked out, but still, i didnt know he was even getting action.
Old 12-22-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

He's been playing on special teams, so he has more of a reason to secure a roster spot next season.
Old 12-23-2006   #9
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC View Post
it seems like for the past 3 weeks, somebody says that chris taylor will get more action at rb, but i havent seen him yet. i mean, i know here in cc the texans are about blacked out, but still, i didnt know he was even getting action.
I think they have shown every game but the Raiders here in Corpus Christi. Last year they quit showing them just after the half way point of the season except for the Bush I mean Mario bowl.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #10
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Run Dayne!..Run Dayne until they have to drag him off the field by his armpits do to exhaustion and then spell him with Taylor.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Wear em out with Taylor...beat them down with Dayne.
Old 12-23-2006   #12
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Can he play QB?
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #13
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I know some of you have been waiting all year to see him, but keep in mind Kubiak wants to have the ability to have Taylor on the Practice Squad next year, just in case Taylor can't improve his blocking or is just generally inconsistent.
...if he's playing special teams, as you say in another post, then this post is not correct---eventhough, I don't agree with saving unproven players for next year when we'll be bringing in more 'potential' practice squad players for '07...just don't think there is a 'big' advantage to 'sandbagging' players to a squad that Kubiak rarely uses
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #14
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

It's diificult to understand Kubiak & Cos moves this year re the RB positon.
Gado has not suited up for awhile, and yet we traded Vernad Morency away
for him and lately Morency has been scoring TDs for the Packers ?
And many reportedly felt that Chris Taylor was the RB whith the greatest upside on our roster, but he's yet to receive a handoff in the regular season ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #15
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
It's diificult to understand Kubiak & Cos moves this year re the RB positon.
Gado has not suited up for awhile, and yet we traded Vernad Morency away
for him and lately Morency has been scoring TDs for the Packers ?
And many reportedly felt that Chris Taylor was the RB whith the greatest upside on our roster, but he's yet to receive a handoff in the regular season ?

It sometimes makes you wonder what they are thinking. I want to believe that they know what they are doing, but I personally think the Morency trade was crazy.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #16
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip View Post
...if he's playing special teams, as you say in another post, then this post is not correct---eventhough, I don't agree with saving unproven players for next year when we'll be bringing in more 'potential' practice squad players for '07...just don't think there is a 'big' advantage to 'sandbagging' players to a squad that Kubiak rarely uses
Guys from the practice squad have saved our asses this year. A few DTs, a few WRs, a few O-linemen, and Taylor. Of course, there's Quinton Porter as well.....So, Kubiak does use the squad.
Old 12-23-2006   #17
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Guys from the practice squad have saved our asses this year. A few DTs, a few WRs, a few O-linemen, and Taylor. Of course, there's Quinton Porter as well.....So, Kubiak does use the squad.

...you got some examples of practice squad players saving our a----in a game and not on special teams
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read