Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-21-2006   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default I honestly think this could be the best draft i have thought of

1) Joe Thomas : Best lineman to come out in a few year...health is a concern though...
2) Troy Smith : People say he doesnt have the size for the NFL, but Mike Vick is 6' while Smith is 6'1"; Smith knows what it takes to win and thats what this team needs...
3) Kenny Irons : Small, elusive back with a good burst; another great back that has come out of Aubrun...
4) Brandon Meriweather : Great athlete, with alot of upside; our defensive backfield needs and upgrade, i only see him falling this low because of his attitude on the field...
5) Marcus Hamilton : Solid corner, with work could become a starter...
6) Kasey Studdard : Has been very reliable and a big part to the Texas O-line, we could use him as depth and maybe an eventual starter...
7) Marcus Bacon : A good all around athlete that can play either OLB or S...I think this kid is going to be a steal in the draft!

let me know what you think!
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I honestly think this could be the best draft i have thought of

Good effort. Think Joe Thomas won't get past Zona or the Bucs. Either one gets a shot at the guy, they'll pull the trigger.
Old 12-21-2006   #3
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover

Smith i think is 5'11"
Old 12-21-2006   #4
Panther5407
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokedawg View Post
Smith i think is 5'11"
He really is 6'1", they were talking about it last night on like ESPN or something. But anyways hes taller then Vick is, so why not? I just would like the see the Texans pick up Justin Warren tho.
Old 12-21-2006   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Thomas is for sure going to the cardinals
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #6
baba ganoush
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokedawg View Post
Smith i think is 5'11"
even so, i mean im not the biggest fan of him, im more on the kevin kolb bandwagon, but i think smith would fit the system well...if we can get a strong running game going and if our defense can stay strong throughout the entire season, i believe smith has all the tools to make a strong qb in the nfl, he has the leadership qualities, durability and mobility to run this offense
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #7
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush View Post
1) Joe Thomas : Best lineman to come out in a few year...health is a concern though...
2) Troy Smith : People say he doesnt have the size for the NFL, but Mike Vick is 6' while Smith is 6'1"; Smith knows what it takes to win and thats what this team needs...
3) Kenny Irons : Small, elusive back with a good burst; another great back that has come out of Aubrun...
4) Brandon Meriweather : Great athlete, with alot of upside; our defensive backfield needs and upgrade, i only see him falling this low because of his attitude on the field...
6) Kasey Studdard : Has been very reliable and a big part to the Texas O-line, we could use him as depth and maybe an eventual starter...
7) Marcus Bacon : A good all around athlete that can play either OLB or S...I think this kid is going to be a steal in the draft!

I don't think Studdard will fall to the Sixth Round.
Old 12-21-2006   #8
Panther5407
All Pro

Ya anyways I like the draft overall, I like Kenny Irons. I think he'll be a sleeper in the draft and a steal. QB wise, I like the idea of getting Smith because he's a winner. I like Kolb too so I don't know who I would decide on but i would definetly bring in a vet like Jake Plummer because I fully believe that its better to sit a rookie his first year than or for part of the year than just throw him in the game. Who knows, if David Carr got sat his first year it could had turned out different. Good mock tho
Old 12-21-2006   #9
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther5407 View Post
He really is 6'1", they were talking about it last night on like ESPN or something. But anyways hes taller then Vick is, so why not? I just would like the see the Texans pick up Justin Warren tho.
Really, well i didnt know that.
Old 12-21-2006   #10
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Irons falling to the 3rd and Merriweather to the 4th are longshots.
Old 12-21-2006   #11
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Justin Warren and DeMeco Ryans would make a good combo
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #12
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Baba G- I like your mock! However, I think we have a small chance @ JT! If not, I like AP, or A. Branch-DT, or G. Adams-DE! Pls, pls FO NO reaches or cuteness !!!! I DO LIKE Troy Smith in the second! This draft is way too important for the TEXANS!!!!!
Old 12-21-2006   #13
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1964 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I just feel you have a couple guys falling to rounds later than they are being projected. I have not seen Meriweather falling to the 2nd day yet, not saying it will not happen just have not seen it. I have seen Irons in the 3rd on some mocks and would be real excited with him there.

I am not sure Studdard falls that far down.

Also unless we pick in the top 3, Thomas is gone, 3rd at the worse. Most likely 2nd.

Nice attempt.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

That would be a great draft. Again to reiterate, I've seen Meriweath in 1st or 2nd rds on most mocks...may slip to third? and I doubt kenny irons slips to the third round..i've seen him in mostly 1st and 2nd rounds.

I would like AP in 1st, then Troy Smith (or Jamarcus Russell) if either fall to us in the 2nd. I would like that a lot. But det, oak, maybe cle? could be picking higher than us so they could potentially grab them in the 2nd (if det doesnt grab quinn)

Not real familiar with the other buys but good job.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

studdard is like a 2nd rounder. so is meriweather. bacon is certainly not a 7th rounder.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006   #16
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

I think you have identified the positions of need.Although I disagree with most of your selections and or the order you draft for that position. But that is the fun of these things.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006   #17
Panther5407
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedtexansfan513 View Post
Justin Warren and DeMeco Ryans would make a good combo
Ya, Justin Warren plays with the same mentalitly of DeMeco in that he's looking to kill whoever has the ball. He's not as fast but bigger. Maybe a strong side linebacker on our team?
Old 12-22-2006   #18
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1964 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ya, Justin Warren plays with the same mentalitly of DeMeco in that he's looking to kill whoever has the ball. He's not as fast but bigger. Maybe a strong side linebacker on our team?
I am worried he is not going to have the speed to be a 3 down LB. If he is a true low 4.6, maybe, because he does seem to have good instincts, that can off set a little lack of speed. But I have the impression that he is closer to a 4.7 guy. We will see what he looks like at the Senior Bowl and then the combine.

This draft truly has me all over the board. Plus our team has so many holes how do we choose?
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #19
jjcorvallis
Rookie

Quote:

Ok Joe Thomas will not fall that far. He will be taken in the top 3. But if he does we HAVE to pick him. Our front office will not draft a QB. It's obvious they love DC. And I doubt the Heisman winner will fall that far. He will be taken in the first round. Kenny Irons is a good pick. I think we should draft more defense. I would draft Laron Laundry at 1st and Aaron Ross at 2nd round.
jjcorvallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006   #20
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

So wait, is that list who you want the Texans to draft in each round? I don't think Merriweather will slip that far.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read