Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2006   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default For Christmas, what if David gave you....

...... a convincing win against Indy??

I'm saying David won the game... He attacks the Colt secondary...... he throws for 2 TDs, and runs one in..... he get's out of the pocket, and makes plays.

Sure, an occasional jump ball that AJ has to bring down.... a strategically placed ball, that requires our revier to elevate...... twist his body... dive..

the running game is adequate... nothing over 20 yards.... the defense keeps us in the game..... Texans win 27-24.....

would we change our minds?? forget Plummer.. beg David to come back??

Will we welcome the idea of David returning as our starting QB?? Will we be satisfied if our coaches don't bring in a new QB for '07??
Old 12-21-2006   #2
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: For Christmas, what if David gave you....

No, I think what's done is done, one game isn't going to jump start his career here, at least for me anyway.

I would be very happy, and very proud, but that wouldn't keep Carr here for me.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #3
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

If Carr came out and played like a real NFL QB in the Colts and the Browns game, I would be willing to give him another chance. He doesnt even have to necesarrily beat the Colts. If I see everything I havent seen in the past 5 years, I would be down with him coming back to compete for the starting QB job. It's in our best interest for him to work out, contrary to popular belief I dont have an agenda against Carr. I just have an agenda against losing over and over and not making a change.

I would love nothing better than for Carr to prove me and a lot of us wrong. Trust me. Just dont hold your breath on it happening....
Old 12-21-2006   #4
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

I'm saying David won the game... He attacks the Colt secondary...... he throws for 2 TDs, and runs one in..... he get's out of the pocket, and makes plays.

Sure, an occasional jump ball that AJ has to bring down.... a strategically placed ball, that requires our revier to elevate...... twist his body... dive..

the running game is adequate... nothing over 20 yards.... the defense keeps us in the game..... Texans win 27-24.....

Will we welcome the idea of David returning as our starting QB?? Will we be satisfied if our coaches don't bring in a new QB for '07??
It just doesn't seem possible what you are describing. It would be something similar to a Freshman college student not going to Chemistry class all semester and he thinks he can cram the night before the final exam to just pass the class.

Carr would have to have two amazing back-to-back games for me to consider him for next year. As stated earlier, it's in the best interest of the fans and the organization for Carr to succeed as a Texan. But, I just don't see how he turns this thing around in such a short period of time considering all the time he has had.

This is just a tought situation for Carr. If he peforms very poorly these next two games and the Texans find some way to unload him, the next team will not have that much invested in him. So, if Carr lands a starting position somewhere under that scenario, he probably would have about 8 to 10 games to prove himself or he will just be a backup because the dollars won't be there to require him to be the starter.

Tough situation for all parties involved.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #5
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

That would be something crazy to see no doubt. I'd call it a fluke, even if he did it two times in a row.

Whatever we do.....I think we should consider drafting a QB in round 2 or 3....that way if we keep Carr, he'll have someone named "soon to replace Carr" pushing him and if we get rid of Carr, our new QB can sit and learn for a year.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Double or nothing ?

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Uh...it would make up for the last few games. The Colts and the Browns are without their top corners and I would still be surprised if Carr in any way lit them up.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-21-2006   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
If Carr came out and played like a real NFL QB in the Colts and the Browns game, I would be willing to give him another chance. He doesnt even have to necesarrily beat the Colts. If I see everything I havent seen in the past 5 years, I would be down with him coming back to compete for the starting QB job. It's in our best interest for him to work out, contrary to popular belief I dont have an agenda against Carr. I just have an agenda against losing over and over and not making a change.

I would love nothing better than for Carr to prove me and a lot of us wrong. Trust me. Just dont hold your breath on it happening....

Best Post Ever

coming from you, I think certain folks on this board will have to change everything they believe about "Carr Hater"
Old 12-21-2006   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Double or nothing ?
LOL.......

no, I'm going to leave you alone for a little while.

I know when I'm out of my league.
Old 12-21-2006   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post

I think that sums it up for everyone who's ever been down on Carr .

Round Dan
Old 12-21-2006   #11
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I was just thinking that Carr playing 2 great games would make him better trade bait...My opinion of course, but I think it would raise his stock somewhat if we decided to go that route.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

I know it's early in his career...... but in the last 4 years, you could almost count on David to have two great games....... he's due.
Old 12-21-2006   #13
K.D.
Veteran

Yo kyss, that scenario sounds great but like that guy said, don't hold your breath. David last two games are in his hands as in if he wants to be here or not. I really just want to see how he performs, he knows that everyone is saying he is done in H-town and I just want to see if he is going to play like he is ready to go or he is going to play like he still belongs here. I wish the guy all the success but it's time to put up or shut up.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like for him to play well the last two games. His value would be the highest it has been all year.

I just can't see the logic in bringing in a rookie QB and have him watch all of Carr's bad habits in a scaled back playbook. It would be best if he learned from Sage and Van Pelt executing and explaining Kubiak's playbook.
Old 12-21-2006   #15
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Scaled back playbook ... have we always had 5 plays or does he have hysterical blindness from all the sacks ?

Round Dan
Old 12-21-2006   #16
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
No, I think what's done is done, one game isn't going to jump start his career here, at least for me anyway.

I would be very happy, and very proud, but that wouldn't keep Carr here for me.
I agree.
Old 12-21-2006   #17
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

well for Carr to do that he'll have to go Deep with the ball and actually make contact w/ one of his 2 probowl receivers. kinda come out and do the colts what the bills did to us in the first 5 minutes. yeah... its all a pipe dream we'll wake up monday morning and go damn he did it to us again. fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me
Old 12-21-2006   #18
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be an aberration and he would still be playing on borrowed time.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, it's probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. It fool me. We can't get fooled again."
Old 12-21-2006   #20
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

The nightmare scenario is Carr managing to convince ownership, management, and coaches that he's worth giving another year....

It's time to move on!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read