Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2006   #1
Dunta_23
All Pro

Default Texans Expansion Draft

I was just lookin around on Youtube and saw this video....seems like we arent the only ppl who got duped by Boselli...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4rdS74jrt3M
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Expansion Draft

I don't think anyone was duped by Boselli. He didn't force anyone to do anything and when he played he was a hall of fame caliber talent.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #3
Dunta_23
All Pro

What I was getting at is that everyone said that Jacksonville basically made the Texans take him to get access to other players
Old 12-21-2006   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
What I was getting at is that everyone said that Jacksonville basically made the Texans take him to get access to other players
nobody can make you do anything...unless you want to, or are a lackey....and it may be both of the above for Casserly.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #5
Dunta_23
All Pro

It is quite funny what the announcers talk about shortly after the 2 minute mark....and im sure David Carr wishes what they said was true
Old 12-21-2006   #6
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, Jacksonville really set the miserable tone for the Texans for the past five seasons before the franchise even got off the ground. The Texans have never recovered from the Boselli fiasco. He was supposed to be the cornerstone of the franchise. He never played one snap for Houston and the team never managed to replace him. And I don't buy for a second the b.s. Casserly and company spewed to try and whitewash their Boselli boner. "We took him only to get Walker and Payne." What a crock.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #7
Toro
Veteran

I still remember the level of excitement I felt when the Texans took him. I knew of his knee injury past, but had some glimmer of hope that he'd be able to fully recover and anchor the line for the next 4-5 years at least.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-21-2006   #8
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I Think We Need An Excorcism!
Old 12-21-2006   #9
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember telling my friends that Carr is going to have all sorts of time to throw.
Old 12-21-2006   #10
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Wow, Jacksonville really set the miserable tone for the Texans for the past five seasons before the franchise even got off the ground. The Texans have never recovered from the Boselli fiasco. He was supposed to be the cornerstone of the franchise. He never played one snap for Houston and the team never managed to replace him. And I don't buy for a second the b.s. Casserly and company spewed to try and whitewash their Boselli boner. "We took him only to get Walker and Payne." What a crock.
In a way neither have the Jags. We have owned them ever since them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #11
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
In a way neither have the Jags. We have owned them ever since them.

They screwed us then, but we're screwing them now.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #12
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes Boselli hurt us, but we also thought Young was going to be our RT for a while. So we lost both bookends without really seeing any benefit from them.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006   #13
t_flare
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Yes Boselli hurt us, but we also thought Young was going to be our RT for a while. So we lost both bookends without really seeing any benefit from them.
I not made about that but whats after that... Seth Payne, Todd Wade Bust.. they did nothing to fix the line
t_flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006   #14
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_flare View Post
I not made about that but whats after that... Seth Payne, Todd Wade Bust.. they did nothing to fix the line
Payne plays defense...maybe you're thinking of Pitts
Old 12-22-2006   #15
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I don't think anyone was duped by Boselli. He didn't force anyone to do anything and when he played he was a hall of fame caliber talent.
He was when he used to play for Jacksonville. Not in Houston.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

it is kinda ironic that the texans' first "real" player (i know there were some guys signed here and there before that) was a hall of fame LT who was ultimately supposed to give the texans one of the finest o-lines ever for an expansion team. and here we stand today, and still no semblance of a decent line. still, can't blame boselli for it. you have to think that jacksonville wouldn't give up one of the greatest tackles ever to a future division foe if he showed some sort of promise for the future. but, it wasn't like a real draft, so it wasn't that big of a deal. although i forget exactly how expansion draft rules work...
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans selected Boselli in a "wink-wink" deal with Jacksonville to get Seth Payne and Gary Walker. The Jags were about to be in dire straights with the salary cap and needed to unload payroll... The Texans knew about Boselli's shoulder and knew that there was a chance that he wouldn't be able to play... The upsetting part, is knowing that and never 'really' addressing that position until Spencer got here..... Then, as luck would have it, he goes down....
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006   #18
t_flare
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
Payne plays defense...maybe you're thinking of Pitts
i meant wand.. my bad
t_flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006   #19
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_flare View Post
i meant wand.. my bad

Wand was a reach in the 3rd round....another wasted pick by Capers and Casserly if you ask me. Any other team probably wouldn't have even drafted him, but we take him in the 3rd freaking round.
Old 12-22-2006   #20
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
I still remember the level of excitement I felt when the Texans took him. I knew of his knee injury past, but had some glimmer of hope that he'd be able to fully recover and anchor the line for the next 4-5 years at least.
I believe it was a shoulder injury that did him in, not the knee.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read