Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2006   #1
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Arrow My Keys to Success: vs. Indianapolis

Our Houston Texans will play host to the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday,(Chirstmas Eve Day) in what will be another very big challenge to our football team this season.

These last couple games, as I have said before, mean alot to our Texans football team. Obviously, if we could win these last 2 it would give us tremendous momentum heading into next season as well as give us something very positive to build off of. Also, a win Sunday over the Colts would be a massive upset and would be our first win over them in franchise history. Finally, these last two games are important for our many young players on our team as they can gain more experience which is obviously important.

It starts with the Colts this Sunday, a massive challenge in itself. The following is what I believe our Texans must do in order to have success and possibly even pull out the big one versus the Colts...

-Protect David Carr with Strong O-Line Protection. This tops my list this week and it's because our offensive line has stunk recently, a couple guys are banged up on it and we also have some youth on it. We need to do our best to contain the big Colts pass rush and espically Dwight Freeny. I look for us to run alot of draws and screen plays early in attempt to take pressure off David and the o-line. Quick passes are also crutial to get the ball out of David's hands early and this could also be good for David as he does his best work on quick passes most of the time.

-Contain the Manning, Harrison and Wayne trio. You obviously can't totally stop these guys much, maybe once in a blue moon or season for that matter. Harrison and Wayne both have found the endzone 9 times this season and have over 1,000 receiving yards a piece. With Peyton Manning pulling the trigger, it will always be that way. I think our defense's style should fit our gameplan very well. We play the bend but dont break style, sorta the contain style which is what we need to do with this offense Sunday. Try to keep everything in front of us, let the Colts run those short passes and pick up 3-7yards per play, its the best way to play these guys. We need to make sure we tackle those WR's after the catch and not them pick up alot of YAC's (Yards After Catch), and batten down in the red-zone as we have the past several games. Contain, contain, contain!

-Protect the football. We could do both those those things I just mentioned above but if we go and turn the ball over this game like we did last week, we loose. It's that simple. Even 1 costly turnover this game, against such a good team can kill us. We have certainly learned that from the past. I look for us to run alot of offensive plays that protect the football, like I mentioned above-- screen passes or quick passes, and draw plays. After last week I really look for us to protect the pigskin this time around.

Again, this is a big game for our Texans. It will be just another big challenge for our team, but with every challenge comes an oppurtunity. The bigger the challenge, the bigger the oppurtunity, and boy do we have one Sunday.

Cheer us on Sunday fans, if going to Reliant make noise oyu will play a huge factor espically when the Colts have the ball!

GO TEXANS
Old 12-21-2006   #2
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Keys to Success: vs. Indianapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansAllTheWayBaby View Post
Again, this is a big game for our Texans. It will be just another big challenge for our team, but with every challenge comes an oppurtunity. The bigger the challenge, the bigger the oppurtunity, and boy do we have one Sunday.

In reality, it's just another meaningless game in December.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
In reality, it's just another meaningless game in December.
Its not a meaningless game. We HAVE to beat the colts eventually....we need this first one to build on and get over the hump. We can't maintain the mentality that these things don't matter. They do.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #4
DatTexBoy
Veteran

You forgot to use a word that is very important in your post...

"IF"
DatTexBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #5
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the formula to beating the Colts

Offense:

1. No Turnovers
2. Good running game
3. Score a TD on the first drive

Defense:

1. Force some turnovers.....it's our only hope.
2. Contain their WRs....we can't get burned
3. Pressure, Pressure, Pressure for once.
4. Contain the run.....Indy has't been as good this year at running the ball.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #6
crunk-juice
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
wrong.
crunk-juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #7
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
wrong.
106 vs 109 stats don't show much. I just think Edge is better than Addai....more consistent
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2006   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
Here's the formula to beating the Colts

Offense:

1. No Turnovers
2. Good running game
3. Score a TD on the first drive

Defense:

1. Force some turnovers.....it's our only hope.
2. Contain their WRs....we can't get burned
3. Pressure, Pressure, Pressure for once.
did some of that
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read