Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2006   #1
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default David Carr Subject about to come up on PTI Pardon The Interruption

just an fyi

Carr is going to be a subject for PTI here after this commercial break. It doesnt look like it is going to go well for him. ESPN
Old 12-21-2006   #2
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: David Carr Subject about to come up on PTI Pardon The Interruption

Aikman is wicked smart....Geez, if he wanted to run a football team either managing or coaching, I wouldn't have a problem with him getting the keys.
Old 12-21-2006   #3
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Sixty percent of the time, it works every time....
based on your signature, I have a feeling that the mention of Carr on PTI will elicit the response of .... it stings the nostrils...
Old 12-21-2006   #4
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilson View Post
based on your signature, I have a feeling that the mention of Carr on PTI will elicit the response of .... it stings the nostrils...
pungent
Old 12-21-2006   #5
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

omg Kornheiser is an uber dork
Old 12-21-2006   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL Wilbon was spot on....he pretty much said that the Texans look like idiots passing on a QB in the best QB class in decades if they draft a rookie a year later in a poor QB class.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #7
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
omg Kornheiser is an uber dork
Please elaborate!
Old 12-21-2006   #8
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
pungent
.smells like pure gasoline...
Old 12-21-2006   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
LOL Wilbon was spot on....he pretty much said that the Texans look like idiots passing on a QB in the best QB class in decades if they draft a rookie a year later in a poor QB class.
No surprise that Wilbon called it like it is. Both pretty much stated that they wont draft a QB in the 1st Round. I don't think they should either and because of this, expect the Texans organization to do the exact opposite and draft a QB in the 1st Round.

My draft board for Texans
OT Joe Thomas
DE Gaines Adams
WR Calvin Johnson
DT Alan Branch
CB Leon Hall
FS Leron Landry

Any one of those guys could come in and help from Day One. I know it sounds kinda stupid but I think they should hope Gaines Adams falls to him. He is the perfect yin to Mario's yang. Mercurial DE opposite Herculean DE....hello Peyton, nice to have met ya
Old 12-21-2006   #10
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4texans View Post
Please elaborate!
oh man, that Ali Baba genie hat has got to go......
Old 12-21-2006   #11
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No surprise that Wilbon called it like it is. Both pretty much stated that they wont draft a QB in the 1st Round. I don't think they should either and because of this, expect the Texans organization to do the exact opposite and draft a QB in the 1st Round.

My draft board for Texans
OT Joe Thomas
DE Gaines Adams
WR Calvin Johnson
DT Alan Branch
CB Leon Hall
FS Leron Landry

Any one of those guys could come in and help from Day One. I know it sounds kinda stupid but I think they should hope Gaines Adams falls to him. He is the perfect yin to Mario's yang. Mercurial DE opposite Herculean DE....hello Peyton, nice to have met ya
I think Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas will be gone before we pick.....I'd definitely take Thomas, but I know AZ needs a new LT.

As for Branch and Adams....I just think we have too much money spent on the Oline. Williams, TJ, and Babin were all 1st rounders....all are getting paid like 1st rounders.

I'd take the last 2 guys Hall and Landry if we win a few more games and pick later.

I guess you're not big on Peterson since you didn't put his name up there...just curious as to what holds you back from him?
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #12
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Eh, I disagree. We believed that Kubiak could ressurect Carr, there is nothing to ashamed of in that. We were wrong, eh, it happens. So we missed out on Cutler, Young, and Leinart - that doesn't make it foolish to draft Russell if we truly believe he can be our future.

If, 5 years down the road, we passed up Young in '06 draft, drafted Russell in the '07 draft, and made a Super Bowl appearence in '09 would it really look that silly?

Building a football team isn't about preserving your pride, it is about putting the best product on the field as you can. If you make a mistake, like we obviously did in '06, there is nothing wrong with recognizing that and moving past it. There is nothing more ominous than letting our '06 mistake dictate our '07 draft. Acknowledge your mistake, learn from it, and move on - don't let it control future decisions.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEROtheZERO View Post
Eh, I disagree. We believed that Kubiak could ressurect Carr, there is nothing to ashamed of in that. We were wrong, eh, it happens. So we missed out on Cutler, Young, and Leinart - that doesn't make it foolish to draft Russell if we truly believe he can be our future.
Carr had 60 NFL starts before he was extended to 60 mil in salary and 3 more years. He starts 14 more games and then there is nothing to be ashamed of in your qb evaluation? In whose universe?

Old 12-21-2006   #14
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Carr had 60 NFL starts before he was extended to 60 mil in salary and 3 more years. He starts 14 more games and then there is nothing to be ashamed of in your qb evaluation? In whose universe?
Well, if we were working under the premise that Carr's flaws were products of the previous coaching staff's system and coaching tactics, which we were, and thought our super-genius new HC could fix those problems, which he didn't, then it makes sense.

I understand that it would have been prudent to go ahead and draft a QB in case we were wrong, but we didn't and to realize and fix our mistake now is more beneficial to the team than would be sulking over hindsight.

All I am saying is that dwelling on past mistakes creates future mistakes. Regardless of how wrong our past decisions were and regardless of what we missed out on because of those decisions, there is no reason to pass up a QB that we feel can make our team a contender.
Old 12-21-2006   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Kornheiser also brought up Plummer coming in to replace Carr and Wilbon acted like it was the dumbest thing he eve heard. He acted like he'd never heard of the idea although it's been talked about for weeks.

Kinda went like this:

"Plummer?!!! No way they'll bring Jake Plummer in!!!"

I think it was schtick just to dig at Kornheiser. That's what the show's about.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Well, if we were working under the premise that Carr's flaws were products of the previous coaching staff's system and coaching tactics, which we were, and thought our super-genius new HC could fix those problems, which he didn't, then it makes sense.

I understand that it would have been prudent to go ahead and draft a QB in case we were wrong, but we didn't and to realize and fix our mistake now is more beneficial to the team than would be sulking over hindsight.

All I am saying is that dwelling on past mistakes creates future mistakes. Regardless of how wrong our past decisions were and regardless of what we missed out on because of those decisions, there is no reason to pass up a QB that we feel can make our team a contender.
I understand, but as an organization it looks like you are incompetent when you give a guy that much money and a year later he is the exact same guy he was the first three years. Now you need a QB and not one of the QB's in this draft grade as high as the 3rd best QB in last year's draft class. It just reeks of incompetence is all I'm saying. Yeah, hindsight is 20/20 but it's not all hindsight when half the fans here were begging for a change last year.

Old 12-21-2006   #17
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I hear what you are saying, but drafting high for QB this year seems to be investing in .com's a year after the bubble burst and it isn't coming back in the foresable future.

They missed the wave, they don't need to try a catch a wave that really isn't there.

I think that is what Vinny is trying to say.

Also, it's tough to draft your way out of a QB mess when you took the QB mess #1 in the draft 5 years ago and missed on an excellent opportunity the year before.

They missed it, fix it from a different direction that isn't so expensive or risky is what I am saying. This team has so many other issues.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #18
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Quote:
I understand, but as an organization it looks like you are incompetent when you give a guy that much money and a year later he is the exact same guy he was the first three years. Now you need a QB and not one of the QB's in this draft grade as high as the 3rd best QB in last year's draft class. It just reeks of incompetence is all I'm saying. Yeah, hindsight is 20/20 but it's not all hindsight when half the fans here were begging for a change last year.
I agree with that. I guess I just feel it would compound troubles if we went another offseason without fixing them. The same thing goes for the o-line.
Old 12-21-2006   #19
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

i dont know a whole lot about gaines adams..but i think we need to build up that d-line. Might not technically have to be during the draft..but mario cant be double teamed forever...we need to build it up so strong, that the opposing teams need to put 7 or 8 at the line to block us.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #20
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Carr had 60 NFL starts before he was extended to 60 mil in salary and 3 more years.
Actually, it's $46.2 million total earnings if he satisfies all 7 years of his initial contract plus three year option (through '08) which he won't. About 12 million of that $46.2 is his base for '07 and '08 which is in some serious jeopardy at the moment. That said, the 30+ million in real dollars he's been paid since '02 is ridiculous considering the minimal return.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read