Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2006   #1
DatTexBoy
Veteran

Default Someone else to blame, not named Carr

I was thinking...and the madden lovers will know what I am talking about. I know we have been bashing on anybody remotely at fault for this horrible season but we have not mentioned the strength coach...isn't he somehow responsible for keeping these guys healthy...or can McNair pay for a better Preventive Injury medical staff? Your thoughts...
DatTexBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #2
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

Default Re: Someone else to blame, not named Carr

A great strength program/medical staff always helps a team. My team I played on this season didn't have one player sit out longer than a quarter. Luck? Yes, but we changed our off season strength program and had a really good in season lifting and stretching program.

Another way to stay healthy is to go 100% every play. If you are ever lazy a play or aren't going full speed, you are more likely to getting hurt.
yourfavoritetexan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #3
DatTexBoy
Veteran

maybe a possible yoga instructor
Old 12-21-2006   #4
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

I noticed a ball boy slacking off on tv the other day... and I am pretty sure it led to a delay of game penalty.

Maybe we should accuse him of being soft, a pretty boy, and bring in a new ball boy that is struggling on a different team this year just because he knows the ball boy manager from a previous team.
Old 12-21-2006   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's tough to take any football discussion too seriously when prefaced with "the madden lovers will know what I am talking about".
Old 12-21-2006   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

next week can we blame the parking lot attendants?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #7
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It's tough to take any football discussion too seriously when prefaced with "the madden lovers will know what I am talking about".
WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, right there Mister! Are you trying to tell me that Madden isn't the real NFL?
Old 12-21-2006   #8
kcwilson
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
next week can we blame the parking lot attendants?
Assuming that the parking lot attendants are not named "Carr Parking Guys", then they would qualify to be blamed as someone not named Carr.
Old 12-21-2006   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

I blame my controller. The Y button keeps getting stuck.
Old 12-21-2006   #10
kcwilson
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
The Y button must be the button where the QB dives on the ground as if to slide.
Old 12-21-2006   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Carr could use some lessons in highlight stick usage and application, too.
Old 12-21-2006   #12
DatTexBoy
Veteran

don't get it twisted by no means...I have blamed Carr since last year and gave him a chance this year but I no longer can trust him in our backfield...ever since he was benched in Tennessee I wanted him gone for good...but I wanted to just bring something fresh and I just ruined the freaking thread...so I guess I can't blame anyone else but Carr...lol...but I guess I will just listen to Carr and not let him spoil my Christmas...Carr you have spoiled my football season...and because I love the Texans so much I will suffer as I watch you struggle against the Colts...hopefully we will be watching you hand the ball to Dayne and Taylor this week more than you getting your side armed pass deflected or watch you get happy feet after you notice andre is covered or for goodness sake you see a cover 2 out there! :brickwall
Old 12-21-2006   #13
kcwilson
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexBoy View Post
don't get it twisted by no means...I have blamed Carr since last year and gave him a chance this year but I no longer can trust him in our backfield...ever since he was benched in Tennessee I wanted him gone for good...but I wanted to just bring something fresh and I just ruined the freaking thread...so I guess I can't blame anyone else but Carr...lol...but I guess I will just listen to Carr and not let him spoil my Christmas...Carr you have spoiled my football season...and because I love the Texans so much I will suffer as I watch you struggle against the Colts...hopefully we will be watching you hand the ball to Dayne and Taylor this week more than you getting your side armed pass deflected or watch you get happy feet after you notice andre is covered or for goodness sake you see a cover 2 out there! :brickwall
Boo! Way to ruin one of the only threads that was fun.

This thread was my last joy on this god-forsaken message board... it was a sanctity of fun and cheer until Mr. GloomyGus above had to drop the stink bomb on it.

DatTexBoy...To me, you are to this thread, what Carr was to your football season. Good day to you, Sir!

I said good day!
Old 12-21-2006   #14
DatTexBoy
Veteran

Hey I did start this thread...I should have the right to ruin it...lol

I blame my Texans T-shirt that I have been wearing on game day...but wait I didn't wear it last week...never mind...too bad I threw it away huh?
Old 12-21-2006   #15
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

the other person to blame is the is....

TONY BOSELLI
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #16
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone please blame me.....I haven't done my superstitious routine yet another year.....that makes 5 now.

I'd also like to blame my #8 voodoo doll. I've had him laying on his back for the past 5 years.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #17
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
I'd also like to blame my #8 voodoo doll. I've had him laying on his back for the past 5 years.
Now that's REP kinda fun... might be because I'm terribly drunk, but hey

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read