Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2006   #1
Colts Addict
Rookie

Default Colts fan here...

Hey you wonderful Texans fans! (best in the league, IMO) I am here for my bi-yearly, 'good luck this weekend' post. Hopefully there will be no injuries on either side of the ball. (god knows we can't take anymore, without having to pull people off the street at this point)

As you know, our big glaring weakness this year is our run D. With Simon out and us bringing in Booger to replace Simon to go along with Reagor, then Reagor going out the same week Booger came in... then of course Sanders, Doss, Bethea, and Jackson all out... well, we are into our 5th and 6th string DB's at this point... its been ugly this year on Defense.

Our Defense gave a pretty good showing this week... I attibute it to a couple of things. Rob Morris starting at SAM, instead of Gardner. Our backs were against the wall and our Defense was humiliated by Jax and had something to prove. And the fact that Cincy is a throw first, run second team... and tried to exploit our weakness, which isn't their strength, by doing the opposite.

Of course I am hoping that this new found momentum on Defense and Offense lasts, I think alot of us Colts fans are still holding our breath a little here.

Anyway... best of luck this weekend and again... NO INJURIES to either side. I look forward to talking some football with ya'll this week.

See ya,
Deanna
Colts Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts fan here...

Thanks, now to business. Peyton for Carr? sounds like a fair trade, what do ya think!

Please don't pick up any players off the street for your Defense, we need them.

Hope it's another good colts/texans game. It's funny how we are 0-9 against y'all but I feel like there have been a number of them that actually have been very close games. hope y'alls whole 9-0 win streak from last year and this year holds up to the one against the texans!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We're in the same boat as far as injuries go. Difference is, we've done a better job at it.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #4
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I'm pulling for the Colts this year. It just seems like the era is sliding, and they won't have too many more opportunities for a Super Bowl with Peyton at the helm. And Dungy's a real class act, so for him to get a ring would be awesome.
Old 12-21-2006   #5
Colts Addict
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
I'm pulling for the Colts this year. It just seems like the era is sliding, and they won't have too many more opportunities for a Super Bowl with Peyton at the helm. And Dungy's a real class act, so for him to get a ring would be awesome.
Thanks! I love Dungy too. I worry tomorrow will be a difficult day for him, since it marks the 1 year anniversary of his son's death.

Its funny though... As a fan, I really don't care all that much about a SB win. I know it sounds weird... but I want a SB more for Peyton, Marvin, Jeff, Tarik, and Tony... more than just wanting one. With Peyton... you either love him or hate him (from an outside fans perspective) but there is no denying he is a terrific QB and fun to watch. Marvin... ya just gotta respect the heck out of that guy, no pizzazz... just play from him. And with Jeff (our center) and Tarik (our left tackle) they have been around forever, protecting Peyton... and then of course Tony Dungy. I don't think there is a person on this earth that I admire more than him. (except my parents)

Seems this is the year for injuries though... on both sides of the ball. I just hope they find a way to build on that Cincy game and keep on playing strong, in spite of.

As far as the Texans... I really hope your franchise finds a way to pull things together. I would love for the Colts and Texans to be at the top of the division. (this is gonna get me flamed by resident Tacks/Jags fans) But I do prefer your fanbase in our division. We, as Colts fans, know right where you are. Prior to Irsay Jr taking over... our former owner was making some bonehead decisions and we were the laughing stock of the NFL for sooooo many years. So, stick with it... its such a joy when things get turned around and makes it all that more special, because of the times like this that are so low, ya don't think it can get any lower.

Except for when you all play us... I pull for ya all, every Sunday.

See ya,
Deanna
Colts Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, consider it a compliment when I say that, "I hate Peyton Manning!!!"

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #7
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

All I can really add is that our Oline and Dline are beat to hell.....we're pulling guys off the street to fill in at DT and the Oline as you know has been a mess and injured since our beginnings in the league.

Expect a heavy heavy dose of Ron Dayne and dink passes all day. I'm guessing our gameplan is to keep the Colts offense off the field. I think we're going to try our best to put together alot of long drives and control TOP.

I'd hope for our defense to force some turnovers because we have little chance of winning without them.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-21-2006   #8
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Should be another great game in this heated rivalry.

Look out for Houston's version of Peyton Manning... the boy is on fire. I think his last TD was against you guys in October, but he is checking the ball down like a man possessed. He's also got this new play where he runs the ball about 5 yards past the line of scrimmage and then passes it. It's not exactly legal, but very effective. Your biggest concern should be on 3rd downs. Sure, you would expect for him to throw the ball to receivers past the 1st down marker... but this is where our franchise QB will sucker punch you every time. His thing is to dink it underneath and hope for his receiver to get there. You guys should know all about his potential after watching him play against you 9 times. And the scary part is that he just keeps getting better with every snap.

And watch out for that tenacious soft zone defense we're going to play against Manning. When we drop 8 back into coverage there is no QB in the league that can pick us apart, especially Peyton Manning.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
He's also got this new play where he runs the ball about 5 yards past the line of scrimmage and then passes it. It's not exactly legal, but very effective.

Effective? I think not. The first one he threw out of bounds almost into the stands; I don't remember what happened to the second.

Joking, by the way.
Old 12-21-2006   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Effective? I think not. The first one he threw out of bounds almost into the stands; I don't remember what happened to the second.

Joking, by the way.
Was that the one that almost beaned the cheerleader? It was a home game when he rolled out to his left and of course had no clue what to do with the ball, so he threw a bullet out of bounds. The ball zinged right past a cheerleaders head. Man, if that ball would've connected, that lady would've been out for the count.

Back to the thread: I'll be focusing more on our defense this week than offense. The defense has at least been impressive at times. If I watch the offense I tend to get a massive headache.
Old 12-21-2006   #11
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Psst, our game plan is your guys will feel so sorry for us you will allow us a win. Heck, what is one more win for the Colts?
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #12
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Can you atleast pull Manning at halftime to give us a shot? Seriously, do you really want to risk his health just to blow us out by 30?

Can you also pull Wayne and Harrison too? What do you have to lose? They got their probowl and you'll still win. Might even make for an exciting game.
Old 12-21-2006   #13
crunk-juice
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy View Post
Heck, what is one more win for the Colts?
a bye in the playoffs
crunk-juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Manning's an A-hole. He'd sooner pad his stats than allow Jim Sorgi to play. If there's a 30 point difference in the game, Manning's in.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #15
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Manning's an A-hole. He'd sooner pad his stats than allow Jim Sorgi to play. If there's a 30 point difference in the game, Manning's in.
and throwing bombs with 1 minute left too
Old 12-21-2006   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
and throwing bombs with 1 minute left too
At least he's able to do it.
Old 12-21-2006   #17
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Unfortunately yes
Old 12-21-2006   #18
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I know that's right!!!!!!

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #19
crunk-juice
Rookie

you guys dont know what youre talking about, the score of the last game wouldve been 50-10 if the starters stayed in
crunk-juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #20
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Hey, Colts fans!
Good luck on not having any injuries this Sunday.

I'm curious about Colts fan's opinion on Carr. And what the other cities think if anyone's lurking. What's an out-of-towner's take on Carr's abilities?
Do y'all think he's good, but never been protected?
Do y'all think he'd be good/very good if he had played with the Steelers over the last three years instead of Big Ben?

Any thoughts?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read