Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-21-2006   #1
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Opinions on this RB sleeper

I'm biased, so I'm asking for others opinions.

I'm amazed that there is no buzz surrounding this kid yet. 6'0, 210, runs a quick 4.5-4.6. Ran for nearly 1500 yards (10th in the country) with a 5.8 ypc (26th). Best of all, he did it with a horrible offensive line, a platoon of QB's who only threw for 2200 (78th in the country) yards with a td/int ratio of 1:1 behind a very young and undersized offensive line in one of the best defensive leagues in the country.

Jon Cornish out of KU. Considering he's only carried the ball 387 times all 4 years of college (plus 40 receptions), although he was productive his junior year (over 900 yards from L.O.S) he's injury free. And best of all, he's got a great head on his shoulders.

He put up 201 yards on Kansas State (F them) who ranks 5th in the coutry against the run (Held Jamaal Charles to 85). And then put up 105 against 8th ranked South Florida who held both Slayton and Rice to a total of 60. (Ray Rice did put up 202...)
Old 12-22-2006   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Opinions on this RB sleeper

no opinions or comments from watching Big 12 football???
Old 12-22-2006   #3
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Haven't seen much KU football lately.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
Haven't seen much KU football lately.
Didn't watch many Kansas games there YTF. But he and the BYU guy are also off of everyones radar. What I saw of Brown ( Curus ? I believe) last night, I'm sold. The guy is ready to go.
Old 12-22-2006   #5
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1964 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Didn't watch many Kansas games there YTF. But he and the BYU guy are also off of everyones radar. What I saw of Brown ( Curus ? I believe) last night, I'm sold. The guy is ready to go.
I was shocked after watching Brown last night and not seeing him on any of my draft sites. Also liked the TE Harline, he should be on the our radar in the 5th round.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

My boy ended up being the #2 overall pick back in his homeland of Canada in the CFL.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read