Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-20-2006   #1
jayjordan
Rookie

Default Why not Rosenfels?

Rosenfels looked good the few games he played in why not give him a try? I guess there trying to get their money worth out of carr wreck.
jayjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why not Rosenfels?

Hes got a broken hand. That usually puts a damper on a QBs ability to start in the NFL.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #3
GanadoUHCoog
Rookie

he broke his hand a few weeks ago...or I have a feeling we would have seen plenty of what he could do over the past few weeks. jmo
GanadoUHCoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #4
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

In the short term, Sage broke his hand and out for the season. As for 2007, it is anybody's guess.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #5
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Broken hand what a pansy! Real men play through pain!

Old 12-20-2006   #6
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

i dont think it matters if he was the bionic man. mcnair wants carr and carr it is unless he had a season ending or career ending injury we will continue to see David "Check three down and Out" Carr.
Old 12-20-2006   #7
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

I bet even McNair's golfing buddies are giving him hell. He has already shown he doesn't care what the fans think but maybe now that his friends (and in some cases Texans investors) are gonna be riding his butt, maybe he will do something. Geez, it practically took a boardroom coup for McNair to get rid of Capers. Here is to all his drinking/golfing buddies giving him hell for how embarassing the Texans and specifically their decision making has been.

Sadly based on McNair's recent statements, it will probably take an act of god for him to get rid of Lil' Davey....

Sage would be an upgrade over Carr but we all knew that already....McNair just hasnt gotten the memo yet
Old 12-20-2006   #8
A Texan
Veteran

If you only had two QB's on the team why would you have your backup playing on special teams where he might have to make a tackle and hurt himself? Not a good deal.
A Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Texan View Post
If you only had two QB's on the team why would you have your backup playing on special teams where he might have to make a tackle and hurt himself? Not a good deal.
he was the placeholder. not unusual for the backup to hold on kicks.....if memory serves me
Old 12-20-2006   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
he was the placeholder. not unusual for the backup to hold on kicks.....if memory serves me
The punter (Stanley) had hurt his hand so he had two fingers taped together. He's the usual holder. It was a very long, weird chain of events.
Old 12-20-2006   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sadly based on McNair's recent statements, it will probably take an act of god for him to get rid of Lil' Davey....

God would say ... Replace him or keep the roof closed .
Old 12-21-2006   #12
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Im just thinking about how sad it is to even be considering to replace carr with sage does carr suck that much. wow we could of had peppers
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #13
jayjordan
Rookie

So would yall tryout rosenfels for next year and still get a QB in the draft just in chance or pick up plummer?
jayjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #14
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I guess

Last edited by TEXANSTAILGATER; 04-20-2007 at 02:23 PM.
TEXANSTAILGATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #15
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjordan View Post
I guess there trying to get their money worth out of carr wreck.
I would like to propose a ban on all lame and millions-of-times-recycled wordplays involving projection of Carr as an automobile.

They weren't that funny five years ago and they sure as hell aren't funny now.
Old 12-21-2006   #16
HeartofHouston
Veteran

I would try to trade Carr away...

Give Rosenfels a Shot and pick up Troy Smith with our first rounder.. Let Rosenfels play out the season and let Smith watch this season and see how things turn out.. at the very very worst Smith learns from Rosenfels and gets ready in a year or two.
Old 12-21-2006   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 298214 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Texan View Post
Even thought it's been explained, I find it odd, too.

I have to hand it to Sage, though. That was one helluva' special teams play.
Old 12-21-2006   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofHouston View Post
I would try to trade Carr away...

Give Rosenfels a Shot and pick up Troy Smith with our first rounder.. Let Rosenfels play out the season and let Smith watch this season and see how things turn out.. at the very very worst Smith learns from Rosenfels and gets ready in a year or two.
I seriously doubt they'll try to trade David.

We look dumb enough already, passing Lienart & Cutler, and giving David $8 million plus his salary....... then dump him the next year for a second day pick, or a second string LB
Old 12-21-2006   #19
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I like Sage, though. He seems to have more presence in the pocket, which probably has been beaten out of Carr with hundreds of sacks in his first few years.
If anybody has tapes of Sage playing this year, they might want to check something out. I'd like to know if Sage drops less deep on 5 and 7 step drops than Carr. I have heard this from a friend who is pretty knowledgable about such things, but I don't have any of those games saved anymore.

Maybe the line does block better for Sage, and maybe it is because he makes the tackles' jobs easier by not giving the DE's as good as an angle as Carr does.

Is this a piece of the mystery?
Old 12-21-2006   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
If anybody has tapes of Sage playing this year, they might want to check something out. I'd like to know if Sage drops less deep on 5 and 7 step drops than Carr. I have heard this from a friend who is pretty knowledgable about such things, but I don't have any of those games saved anymore.

Maybe the line does block better for Sage, and maybe it is because he makes the tackles' jobs easier by not giving the DE's as good as an angle as Carr does.

Is this a piece of the mystery?
I watched for that earlier in the year...... I don't believe it is true, not by much, if any at all.

But the problem with Carr's 5 & 7 step drops, is that 5 is more like 6, and 7 is more like 8...... so were Sage is ready to come up, and make his throw, David still has half a step to go.... then he bounces on that half step, before he starts back up.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read