Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-20-2006   #1
gameguy89
Rookie

Default WTF? Carr quote...

If this has been posted already, sorry for the repost (mods delete if you please), but I looked through the forums and didn't see anything about it.

Quote:
QB David Carr

(on the possibility to finally beat the Colts) “Yeah, that would be awesome. It’s going to be sweet. I want to go out there and obviously I want to win, but they are trying to win the game too, right? And this week I think they might wrap up home field advantage and get to stay at home. Everyone knows that is obviously important. But we’re hungry too. It’s been a long time coming as far as playing these guys and feeling good about yourself when you leave. We definitely could use one.”
Please, somebody else tell me that you see problems with that sentence.
gameguy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #2
Yokohama Texan
Rookie

Default Re: WTF? Carr quote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameguy89 View Post
If this has been posted already, sorry for the repost (mods delete if you please), but I looked through the forums and didn't see anything about it.

Yea, he sucks and he is no leader. What an embarrassment to the Texan organization. I like how he is giving up before the game has even been played. But he's a nice guy right.
Yokohama Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #3
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

link?
Old 12-20-2006   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

you are taking it out of context.

he was saying it in the form of a question. As in, "This game is important to them too because I think they are trying to wrap up homefield advantage, arent they?".

Not "they are going to beat us and get homefield advantage"
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #5
gameguy89
Rookie

http://houstontexans.com/news/detail...0Latest%20News

Sorry, it was on the texan's website, so I didn't think there was a need.
gameguy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #6
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Maybe i missing the point, but it sounds like he is talking about the Colts motivation to win the game. He is not sure of the Colts exact playoff status. Carr is not making a declarative statement of what will happen, but really asking a kind of rhetorical question.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #7
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
http://houstontexans.com/news/detail...0Latest%20News

Sorry, it was on the texan's website, so I didn't think there was a need.
Funny in his after practice conference Kubiak made similar statements. I guess we had better question Kubiak as to why he would say such things....
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2006   #8
Caddo1361
Rookie

Why don't we realize a little bit about the comment and put it in the context of Carr talking about the Colts desire to win this weekend? Or we could remain in the 7th grade talking about how every word that David Carr makes him like "the worst leader in all the NFL."
Caddo1361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry View Post
Funny in his after practice conference Kubiak made similar statements. I guess we had better question Kubiak as to why he would say such things....
Brilliant idea given the "we" you speak of is a resounding two members. It looks goofy, but is definitely in the context of why it is important for the Colts to win the game. Get a grip for the Texans by releasing the grip on Kubiak.
Old 12-20-2006   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Brilliant idea given the "we" you speak of is a resounding two members. It looks goofy, but is definitely in the context of why it is important for the Colts to win the game. Get a grip for the Texans by releasing the grip on Kubiak.
Ibar is still in the Fire Capers Club. One step at a time KT, baby steps, baby steps.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #11
tex
Veteran

Why don't we question kubiak? Yes there are a lot of 7th graders on this board.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #12
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Ibar is still in the Fire Capers Club. One step at a time KT, baby steps, baby steps.
lawl
Old 12-20-2006   #13
Caddo1361
Rookie

Sure, let's ask Kubiak. You call him and let me know what he says. I will be waiting since you seem to have a way to ask him that question. Waiting........

Very funny Vinny
Old 12-20-2006   #14
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I think at this point if you like or dislike carr there isnt much for fuel that needs to be added to these arguments. We are beating dead horses.

Let's talk about his play at QB and if we believe he can be the QB of the future. We all know how things can be taken out of context in publications.
Old 12-20-2006   #15
Caddo1361
Rookie

Good point Texas Thrill.....I am finished.
Old 12-20-2006   #16
bigTEXan8
All Pro

i'd have to say that the quote was taken out of context. i don't care how bad your team is, no player in their right mind would say, "they are going to win." man, seems like carr can't even fart without coming off like he's trying to lose, or losing in some nature. pathetic. jmo.
Old 12-20-2006   #17
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

David Carr: "Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays"

Fans: It's obvious the guy isn't focused on the next game. He's thinking about stuffing his face with holiday hams and buying expensive gifts with his 60 million dollar contract. He's already looking ahead to the offseason. Not a leader.

dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #18
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Carr says: may i have a large with pepperroni?

fans hear: what's the easiest way to give away this game?

carr says: i love you honey.

fans hear: i hope the colts kill us.
Old 12-20-2006   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
David Carr: "Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays"

Fans: It's obvious the guy isn't focused on the next game. He's thinking about stuffing his face with holiday hams and buying expensive gifts with his 60 million dollar contract. He's already looking ahead to the offseason. Not a leader.

HEY ... THATS WHERE I DRAW THE LINE ... LEAVE THE HOLIDAY HAMS OUTA THIS .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Still only two members who have erroneously commented without thinking of the context, yet there are more Carr fans perpetuating that notion on this thread. Very odd set of fans we have here, I wonder if they will stick around after the Cap man comes a calling for Carr.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read