Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2006   #1
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame
 
Hottoddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Cypress
Age: 55
Posts: 1,320
Rep Power: 14555 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why I haven't given up on David Carr yet

I'm one of those that still believes Carr can be a very good quarterback for the Texans. He may never be the kind of QB that can put a team on his back & will them to victory, but I'm okay with that. Because, I realize that it's okay for another player to be the one capable of carrying the team on his back (remember Earl?).

I believe that Carr has more than proven he's unable to make quick reads & decisions on the fly. However, if given adequate time, I believe that he can pick a team apart. He's got a very strong arm, is very accurate, & can run very well, when need be. He's definitely proven that he's a tough kid & can take a beating, while getting back up & into the game.

There are those that claim he can't read defenses, however, I disagree. He just needs more time than other QB's to go through his check offs. We've all seen a player do nothing on one team & then become an All-Pro on another team. While that may be due to a change of scenery, I believe it has to do more with the new team being set up to better utilize that player's skills. Let's take Vince Young & Reggie Bush for example.

VY is not a traditional drop back passer. He has to be able to free lance & make one on one plays. If he were inserted into a team that required him to sit back there & just pass the ball, I don't believe he'd be nearly as effective.

Reggie Bush is not a traditional between the tackles running back. He's much more effective in open spaces. If he were forced to conform to the role of a traditional running back, I believe he'd be totally ineffective.

In my opinion, Carr is better suited to be a traditional drop back passer. He just needs the time to do his job. And, that's why I haven't given up on him yet. For the first time in this franchise's short history, the Texans addressed the offensive line by drafting 2 tackles that I believe are our future left & right tackles for the next several years. Unfortunately, Spencer got injured & we've had to make due with less talented players. I'm praying that Spencer fully recovers & that the Texans are able to add some upgrades to the interior linemen (center & RG). I believe that if Carr were given the same amount of time to throw the ball that Peyton Manning gets, he'd be very effective.

So, the reason I haven't given up on Carr yet, is because I truely want to see what he can do behind a solid offensive line. If he still struggles after that, I'd be more than willing to personally escort him out of the city.
__________________
Watt, Poe?, ???
Reed, ???, Cushing, Mercilus

The Texan Question Marks
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid
 
Honoring Earl 34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Houston
Age: 51
Posts: 18,369
Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why I haven't given up on David Carr yet

In my opinion if anyone liked David ... they would want him to start fresh .
Another team and another town with a clean slate .
__________________
A little about Colleen. She's the brains behind the operation. Magna cum laude from BC, top five in her law school class, so obviously I have a pretty good idea how to recruit, I can tell you that.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #3
tex
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 54
Posts: 183
Rep Power: 10 tex is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Why I haven't given up on David Carr yet

And better fans
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #4
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame
 
Ibar_Harry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,219
Rep Power: 14 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default Re: Why I haven't given up on David Carr yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
I'm one of those that still believes Carr can be a very good quarterback for the Texans. He may never be the kind of QB that can put a team on his back & will them to victory, but I'm okay with that. Because, I realize that it's okay for another player to be the one capable of carrying the team on his back (remember Earl?).

I believe that Carr has more than proven he's unable to make quick reads & decisions on the fly. However, if given adequate time, I believe that he can pick a team apart. He's got a very strong arm, is very accurate, & can run very well, when need be. He's definitely proven that he's a tough kid & can take a beating, while getting back up & into the game.

There are those that claim he can't read defenses, however, I disagree. He just needs more time than other QB's to go through his check offs. We've all seen a player do nothing on one team & then become an All-Pro on another team. While that may be due to a change of scenery, I believe it has to do more with the new team being set up to better utilize that player's skills. Let's take Vince Young & Reggie Bush for example.

VY is not a traditional drop back passer. He has to be able to free lance & make one on one plays. If he were inserted into a team that required him to sit back there & just pass the ball, I don't believe he'd be nearly as effective.

Reggie Bush is not a traditional between the tackles running back. He's much more effective in open spaces. If he were forced to conform to the role of a traditional running back, I believe he'd be totally ineffective.

In my opinion, Carr is better suited to be a traditional drop back passer. He just needs the time to do his job. And, that's why I haven't given up on him yet. For the first time in this franchise's short history, the Texans addressed the offensive line by drafting 2 tackles that I believe are our future left & right tackles for the next several years. Unfortunately, Spencer got injured & we've had to make due with less talented players. I'm praying that Spencer fully recovers & that the Texans are able to add some upgrades to the interior linemen (center & RG). I believe that if Carr were given the same amount of time to throw the ball that Peyton Manning gets, he'd be very effective.

So, the reason I haven't given up on Carr yet, is because I truely want to see what he can do behind a solid offensive line. If he still struggles after that, I'd be more than willing to personally escort him out of the city.
I had a very long post on this subject, but it never made it to the web site. Lately I have had several posts get jammed and get lost. In any event the problem is David should have never been drafted by the Texans for the above reason. Capers wanted a QB who basically handed the ball off to the running back. Carr was not known for his ball handling capabilities. He was not known for being a deft faker and roll out passer. What he was known for is drilling the ball on a rope to his receiver who then had an advantage over the defense.

Another to thing to remember is that in College Carr had a very good O-line. Mankins who played LT at Fresno State never allowed anyone to get to Carr through him when Carr was a senior. Carr had an outstanding WR who had gifted hands. Carr has never had those as a Texan, and in fact, I believe this year has had his motion and delievery changed to throw with far less momentum than before. Instead of David being David and the coaches working to develop a team around what they had they tried to develop the team into something it wasn't. Unfortunately while Kubiak said he was going to do things differently, he did not. He did the Capers thing. The result is what you see.

I would love to see David stay and prove his worth, but its almost fool hearted to think the Houston fans would allow that. I feel Kubiak humiliated David in the last game and that was the last straw for David and the fans. I think Kubiak under estimated what impact his news conferences were having on his star pupil and the fans. They were extremely counter productive and the last game was the straw that broke the camel's back. Again, I agree with a lot of what you are saying, except I don't believe there is any way for David to get a fair shoot in Houston despite the fact we have never had an O-line.

No, it really is time for Carr to move on. Its like a bad marriage. To many words have been spoken for the marriage ever to work. Kubiak has publicly put too much blame on Carr week after week in his news conferences and made public displays on the sidelines. The worst part is that on at least one occassion Kubiak admitted it was his fault. However, that display was all over this board and few of those fans felt differently about it or even knew that Kubiak said he shouldn't have done that. David in fact had made the right decision. The end result has been a public outcry which literally back fired on the Texans. In fact I have stated if I were McNair I would fire Kubiak for placing him in an extemely embarrassing position. Its almost like Kubiak wanted to make certain Carr and the team failed at all cost. He cloaks it in terms of evaluating players, but I think it is more than that.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #5
Blu
All Pro
 
Blu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Great State of Texas
Age: 39
Posts: 667
Rep Power: 10 Blu is a team player
Send a message via Yahoo to Blu
Default Re: Why I haven't given up on David Carr yet

Your a day late and a dollar short.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
In my opinion if anyone liked David ... they would want him to start fresh .
Another team and another town with a clean slate
.
Good Texans think alike.


Merry Christmas,

Blu
__________________
We need a QB con awante! y huevos !!!
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #6
ryansisgod
Veteran
 
ryansisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 109
Rep Power: 8 ryansisgod is a team player
Default Re: Why I haven't given up on David Carr yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
Your a day late and a dollar short.

Blu
well said.

your my boy blu! lol!
__________________
Landry, Peterson or Okoye im happy either way....just no Quinn! please!
ryansisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #7
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame
 
the wonger need food's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Houston
Age: 44
Posts: 2,562
Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why I haven't given up on David Carr yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry View Post
I had a very long post on this subject, but it never made it to the web site. Lately I have had several posts get jammed and get lost. In any event the problem is David should have never been drafted by the Texans for the above reason. Capers wanted a QB who basically handed the ball off to the running back. Carr was not known for his ball handling capabilities. He was not known for being a deft faker and roll out passer. What he was known for is drilling the ball on a rope to his receiver who then had an advantage over the defense.

Another to thing to remember is that in College Carr had a very good O-line. Mankins who played LT at Fresno State never allowed anyone to get to Carr through him when Carr was a senior. Carr had an outstanding WR who had gifted hands. Carr has never had those as a Texan, and in fact, I believe this year has had his motion and delievery changed to throw with far less momentum than before. Instead of David being David and the coaches working to develop a team around what they had they tried to develop the team into something it wasn't. Unfortunately while Kubiak said he was going to do things differently, he did not. He did the Capers thing. The result is what you see.

I would love to see David stay and prove his worth, but its almost fool hearted to think the Houston fans would allow that. I feel Kubiak humiliated David in the last game and that was the last straw for David and the fans. I think Kubiak under estimated what impact his news conferences were having on his star pupil and the fans. They were extremely counter productive and the last game was the straw that broke the camel's back. Again, I agree with a lot of what you are saying, except I don't believe there is any way for David to get a fair shoot in Houston despite the fact we have never had an O-line.

No, it really is time for Carr to move on. Its like a bad marriage. To many words have been spoken for the marriage ever to work. Kubiak has publicly put too much blame on Carr week after week in his news conferences and made public displays on the sidelines. The worst part is that on at least one occassion Kubiak admitted it was his fault. However, that display was all over this board and few of those fans felt differently about it or even knew that Kubiak said he shouldn't have done that. David in fact had made the right decision. The end result has been a public outcry which literally back fired on the Texans. In fact I have stated if I were McNair I would fire Kubiak for placing him in an extemely embarrassing position. Its almost like Kubiak wanted to make certain Carr and the team failed at all cost. He cloaks it in terms of evaluating players, but I think it is more than that.
It's all been just one big 5-year conspiracy to make Carr look bad. This is the best excuse I've heard yet.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2006   #8
ArlingtonTexan
Moderator
 
ArlingtonTexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 47
Posts: 5,916
Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why I haven't given up on David Carr yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry View Post
I had a very long post on this subject, but it never made it to the web site. Lately I have had several posts get jammed and get lost. In any event the problem is David should have never been drafted by the Texans for the above reason. Capers wanted a QB who basically handed the ball off to the running back. Carr was not known for his ball handling capabilities. He was not known for being a deft faker and roll out passer. What he was known for is drilling the ball on a rope to his receiver who then had an advantage over the defense.

Another to thing to remember is that in College Carr had a very good O-line. Mankins who played LT at Fresno State never allowed anyone to get to Carr through him when Carr was a senior. Carr had an outstanding WR who had gifted hands. Carr has never had those as a Texan, and in fact, I believe this year has had his motion and delievery changed to throw with far less momentum than before. Instead of David being David and the coaches working to develop a team around what they had they tried to develop the team into something it wasn't. Unfortunately while Kubiak said he was going to do things differently, he did not. He did the Capers thing. The result is what you see.

I would love to see David stay and prove his worth, but its almost fool hearted to think the Houston fans would allow that. I feel Kubiak humiliated David in the last game and that was the last straw for David and the fans. I think Kubiak under estimated what impact his news conferences were having on his star pupil and the fans. They were extremely counter productive and the last game was the straw that broke the camel's back. Again, I agree with a lot of what you are saying, except I don't believe there is any way for David to get a fair shoot in Houston despite the fact we have never had an O-line.

No, it really is time for Carr to move on. Its like a bad marriage. To many words have been spoken for the marriage ever to work. Kubiak has publicly put too much blame on Carr week after week in his news conferences and made public displays on the sidelines. The worst part is that on at least one occassion Kubiak admitted it was his fault. However, that display was all over this board and few of those fans felt differently about it or even knew that Kubiak said he shouldn't have done that. David in fact had made the right decision. The end result has been a public outcry which literally back fired on the Texans. In fact I have stated if I were McNair I would fire Kubiak for placing him in an extemely embarrassing position. Its almost like Kubiak wanted to make certain Carr and the team failed at all cost. He cloaks it in terms of evaluating players, but I think it is more than that.
If Carr had shown any where close the consistency you have over five years we would not be having this controversy. Absolutely amazing.
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame
 
Second Honeymoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 5,330
Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Why I haven't given up on David Carr yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
If Carr had shown any where close the consistency you have over five years we would not be having this controversy. Absolutely amazing.
yet hardly surprising
__________________
@DougVanHorne on Twitter (CardinalDoug)
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #10
Texan Gal 312
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 55
Posts: 187
Rep Power: 10 Texan Gal 312 is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Why I haven't given up on David Carr yet

Would the bring in Jake Plummer supporters make a list so we can tell you all at once what great general managers you would make next year if things pan out this way.
I have always been a David Carr supporter but it is best for him to find a fresh start.
However, is this going to help the Texans ? I seriously doubt it.
If we bring in a rookie, they need to sit on the bench and learn. That would mean starting Rosenfels. Do you really see him taking our offense over the top.

Mr. Lopez I have met Damon Huard and Jake Plummer, and they are no Drew Brees. In fact they can't carry his Jock.

I just don't see a miracle coming in at quarterback.
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #11
bigTEXan8
All Pro
 
bigTEXan8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The 'No, CA
Age: 30
Posts: 919
Rep Power: 9 bigTEXan8 is a team player
Default Re: Why I haven't given up on David Carr yet

i'm a big carr fan, but he needs to get the **** out of houston. i don't put into question his want to win, his ability, anything. i just think that houston isn't going to be the place for him. maybe there would be a bit more slack if houston hadn't been without football for x number of years (sorry, don't know off the top of my head), but houston fans aren't going to give him a breath of air from now on unless there is a complete 180 in the way things have gone with his team. my thing is, carr=scapegoat. people need to remember, the entire team has sucked this year.
__________________
The Lord is my refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble.
bigTEXan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #12
Cruuuuuuuz
Veteran
 
Cruuuuuuuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 101
Rep Power: 8 Cruuuuuuuz is a team player
Default Re: Why I haven't given up on David Carr yet

OK.
Carr gets one more chance!!!!
But we really need to get an OL and RB...especially RB...so Carr can hand-off...Oh christ... Carr's a fumbler!DOH!
Damn..that's it for Carr...
__________________
Our OFFENSE is CAPABLE...
Cruuuuuuuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #13
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame
 
Hottoddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Cypress
Age: 55
Posts: 1,320
Rep Power: 14555 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why I haven't given up on David Carr yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
In my opinion if anyone liked David ... they would want him to start fresh .
Another team and another town with a clean slate .
Liking him has nothing to do with what my post was about. I have no personal feelings for him one way, or another. I like the Texans & feel that all we need is some better protection for Carr & a stud running back to carry the team. Replacing Carr alone, won't fix those 2 glaring needs. All replacing Carr does, is cause us to need a new QB as well as a RB & stronger OL. That sounds to me like we're taking a step backwards in the overall scheme of things.
__________________
Watt, Poe?, ???
Reed, ???, Cushing, Mercilus

The Texan Question Marks
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #14
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame
 
Second Honeymoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 5,330
Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Why I haven't given up on David Carr yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
Liking him has nothing to do with what my post was about. I have no personal feelings for him one way, or another. I like the Texans & feel that all we need is some better protection for Carr & a stud running back to carry the team. Replacing Carr alone, won't fix those 2 glaring needs. All replacing Carr does, is cause us to need a new QB as well as a RB & stronger OL. That sounds to me like we're taking a step backwards in the overall scheme of things.
We need a new QB whether David stays or goes....what's your point? We took a step backward when we extended Carr's contract. Without question.

So which is it? Keep mindlessly plodding the wrong way on a one way road - OR - admit your going the wrong way, turn around, and ask for directions

McNair is the father who won't stop and ask for directions when he gets lost. Even Dan Reeves tried to get him on the right path but since he told McNair that he was going the wrong way, McNair shut him out and kept driving.....on a road to nowhere.

Bob, ask for directions for Christ's sake and this time listen to them and not to your PR-addled self.
__________________
@DougVanHorne on Twitter (CardinalDoug)
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #15
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid
 
Honoring Earl 34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Houston
Age: 51
Posts: 18,369
Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why I haven't given up on David Carr yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
Liking him has nothing to do with what my post was about. I have no personal feelings for him one way, or another. I like the Texans & feel that all we need is some better protection for Carr & a stud running back to carry the team. Replacing Carr alone, won't fix those 2 glaring needs. All replacing Carr does, is cause us to need a new QB as well as a RB & stronger OL. That sounds to me like we're taking a step backwards in the overall scheme of things.
We're 6-24 the last two years ... we can't go backwards .
__________________
A little about Colleen. She's the brains behind the operation. Magna cum laude from BC, top five in her law school class, so obviously I have a pretty good idea how to recruit, I can tell you that.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #16
Ryan
THIS YEAR
 
Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Beaumont,Tx
Section: Section 135, Row F
Posts: 5,062
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Why I haven't given up on David Carr yet

not to mention 22-56 in this team's history
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan
 
Vinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 21,525
Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why I haven't given up on David Carr yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry View Post
I had a very long post on this subject, but it never made it to the web site. Lately I have had several posts get jammed and get lost.
Ibar...you don't get anything deleted. You tend to get a few posts merged into other threads, but you never have anything deleted...I see everything that is deleted here and none of your posts quality for termination. Try searching your post history sometimes.
__________________
http://twitter.com/#!/TexansTalk


"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #18
jerek
Pro Hobbyist
 
jerek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dublin, OH
Age: 33
Posts: 6,613
Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek
Default Re: Why I haven't given up on David Carr yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
It's all been just one big 5-year conspiracy to make Carr look bad. This is the best excuse I've heard yet.
Equally stupid is the assertion that Billionaire Bob is on an indefinite conspiracy to keep Carr here at all costs (or better yet, won't draft Longhorns), and yet I see people perpetuate that here on a daily basis.
__________________
It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. - Voltaire
jerek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan
 
Vinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 21,525
Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why I haven't given up on David Carr yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
Equally stupid is the assertion that Billionaire Bob is on an indefinite conspiracy to keep Carr here at all costs (or better yet, won't draft Longhorns), and yet I see people perpetuate that here on a daily basis.
Everything I know about McNair says to me that ......everything revolves around Carr. From the choice in coaches (Kubiak was hired to "fix" David) to the vast reaches of his marketing efforts. Bob loves David and is keeping him here at all costs. Despite the outrage of the fans McNair came out last week and stated that he was behind him 100% while taking a shot at VY....I'd say it isn't a stupid assertion that Billionare Bob is in a lovefest that is hurting the franchise.
__________________
http://twitter.com/#!/TexansTalk


"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,991
Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why I haven't given up on David Carr yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
Equally stupid is the assertion that Billionaire Bob is on an indefinite conspiracy to keep Carr here at all costs (or better yet, won't draft Longhorns), and yet I see people perpetuate that here on a daily basis.
Do you honestly doubt the old mans partiality towards DC, and how that might cloud his judgement about Carr ?
IMO all of us, and most of all David Carr and his family, need to have him move on to another place, another time.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger