Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-20-2006   #1
Texans#1
Rookie

Default 2007 Draft

K guys i know we been playing rail bad and talkes about David Carr in Houston
What Positon we should be looking at i think we should go for a New young QB.
Texans#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #2
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2007 Draft

qb sounds good but NOT in the first rd. best player available in first rd
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #3
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans#1 View Post
K guys i know we been playing rail bad and talkes about David Carr in Houston
What Positon we should be looking at i think we should go for a New young QB.
As discussed on other threads, Quinn, although over rated will probably go before Texans pick. Smith is short, with a strong arm but may drop to 2nd round. Do we need more blocked passes than we get with Carr? LSU's Russell has POTENTIAL but do we trade down and risk a first on a gamble?
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Plummer is cut and will come cheap then I say he , Sage , and ? are our QBs .

In the draft I would like the first two picks to start right away . Having said that if a QB is there in the second that Kubiak really likes then maybe you take him .

Another thing to consider is the 2008 QB class . I think Sage and Plummer upgrade our QB situation so maybe you wait a year .
Old 12-21-2006   #5
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
If Plummer is cut and will come cheap then I say he , Sage , and ? are our QBs .

In the draft I would like the first two picks to start right away . Having said that if a QB is there in the second that Kubiak really likes then maybe you take him .

Another thing to consider is the 2008 QB class . I think Sage and Plummer upgrade our QB situation so maybe you wait a year .

Plummer would be a step sideways at this point. Get rid of Carr and live with Sage , Van Pelt and Porter. They would be a good combo and no worse than the guy we are starting now.

Johnny Unitas could not play behind the group we have right now. We need to get the guys healthy and determine who can play and who cannot start at this time.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans are hopeless somewhat because of the QB play . It's like playing shortstop and the pitcher walks three guys ... he finally throws a strike and you are looking at girls in the stands . You look up make an error and the pitcher yells catch the ball ... well if he did his job I would'nt be daydreaming .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read