Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-20-2006   #1
slamdunc
Rookie

Default Roster Turnover

Anyone have a guess on how many roster spots turnover between now and September 2007? What would be a good over/under? 20 changes?

Makes to 2007 or not:
McKinney?
Travis Johnson?
David Carr?
The secondary (except Dunta)?
Chad SHANKley?
Seth Payne?
Kailee Wong?
Any thoughts?
slamdunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #2
wrestler4life
Veteran

Default Re: Roster Turnover

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
Anyone have a guess on how many roster spots turnover between now and September 2007? What would be a good over/under? 20 changes?

Makes to 2007 or not:
McKinney? No
Travis Johnson? Yes
David Carr? Hope not
The secondary (except Dunta)? I think that they will all be here
Chad SHANKley? Please no
Seth Payne? no
Kailee Wong? yes
Any thoughts?
I think that we will be minus a few RB's too, but do not venture a guess about who
Old 12-20-2006   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

McKinney signed a contract extension thru 2009 after Kubiak got here last year. He is pretty cheap with a cap hit of $1.5 mil. Basically for next year it is a wash on the money--either $1.5 mil to have him as a back up or $1.5 mil in dead money to cut him. Could be gone, but doesn't make cap sense.
Old 12-20-2006   #4
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post

Makes to 2007 or not:
McKinney?
Travis Johnson?
David Carr?
Chad SHANKley?
Seth Payne?
Kailee Wong?
Any thoughts?
Makes to 2007 or not:
McKinney? Yes
Travis Johnson? No
David Carr? No
Chad SHANKley? Yes
Seth Payne? No
Kailee Wong? Yes
Any thoughts?

I think the Texans keep McKinney and Wong for their experience (mentors).
Shankley will be back....we are all about second chances here.
Travis is gone because he is a slacker (yes, I know he is hurt).
The secondary, I'm not so sure any of them will be gone but I think there will be a host of players they will have to beat out to keep their job.
Carr, LOL.
Payne won't come back from the injury, bag him, he's done.
Old 12-20-2006   #5
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
McKinney signed a contract extension thru 2009 after Kubiak got here last year. He is pretty cheap with a cap hit of $1.5 mil. Basically for next year it is a wash on the money--either $1.5 mil to have him as a back up or $1.5 mil in dead money to cut him. Could be gone, but doesn't make cap sense.
And he has flexibility to play in different parts of the line if need be.
Old 12-20-2006   #6
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that Jerome Mathis won't be on the roster next season. It seems like Kubiak gets more and more critical with every quote.

Quote:
Not seeing more of Mathis is something that has frustrated Kubiak.

“Yeah, because I haven’t really been around him much as a football player, from a standpoint of seeing him very much,” Kubiak said. “We got him back and he did some good things that first week and he had the issue this week with the hamstring. It’s frustrating because I would like to see him on the field as a kick returner as well as a receiver. If he can’t go, he can’t go.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=3218
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #7
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

McKinney gives us depth and can play C or G. I'm thinking he stays just for that alone.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2006   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
I think that Jerome Mathis won't be on the roster next season. It seems like Kubiak gets more and more critical with every quote.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=3218
I suspect that your right. I have said for some time that Mathis has gotten off on the wrong foot with Kubes for what ever reason and unless he comes back next year into camp and really shows he wants to play WR and pay attention to the coaches, I think there is a better than 50/50 chance they cut him.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #9
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
And he has flexibility to play in different parts of the line if need be.
Always a plus with Kubes.

I figure Weigert is gone.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read