Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-19-2006   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default i believe these are the only secure spots on the texans roster

OFFENSE:
Andre Johnson - WR
Eric Moulds - WR
Owen Daniels - TE
Eric Winston RT
Chester Pitts LG
Charles Spencer LT

DEFENSE:
DeMeco Ryans ILB
Dunta Robinson CB
Mario Williams DE
Anthony Weaver DE/DT
Shantee Orr OLB

Im a big fan of quinn, but i dont want to see him get picked here, if he is, he'll be the guy to push carr for a starting job...If we take peterson, i say he goes into camp as the starter and use davis as trade bait...our recievers are pretty much solid...if we take thomas for the offensive line, that could mean he would play left tackle, pitts left guard, flanagan at cener, spencer at right guard and winston at right tackle... if we trade down and go for a defensive guy, i think we get landry or "pez"(penn st. LB)...i think we have to hit the free agency hard for defensive players...I would like to see us get a lineman on both sides of the ball, a corner, a linebacker, a saftey and quarterback and a runningback in the draft, and go for some reliable vets for the defense in the free agency... *I would like us to shoot for #33 Turner from the chargers in free agency...let me know what you think
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: i believe these are the only secure spots on the texans roster

Let's see...Greenwood's job is more secure than Orr, Greenwood has gotten nice comments recently.

Michael Turner IS NOT coming to Houston via Free Agency. Your best bet is a trade, as we would have to give up a 1st and a 3rd for him.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Spencer's spot isn't secure, at least not as a starter. I would not be surprised if we took Thomas from Wisconsin or signed a free agent to be our LT.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Let's see...Greenwood's job is more secure than Orr, Greenwood has gotten nice comments recently.

Michael Turner IS NOT coming to Houston via Free Agency. Your best bet is a trade, as we would have to give up a 1st and a 3rd for him.
I agree with this. We had our shot at Turner the burner. So now we're going to pay dearly for the mistake. There are other RBs besides all day on the board. The main thing is not to screw up again and go reaching for guys in round one. I dunno and I ain't in the loop...but, I think Travis Johnson is going to be asked to redo his deal. If he is wise, he'll capitulate. The shine has worn off the potential. Agreed on "Greenwood" also. But....if Hickman is still on the board in the third and they take the guy as a Will...won't hear me squak.
No one likes to hear this but the other option is to draft a Mike and slide Meeco into the will. Someone Like Conner or the Ag Warren would fit that scenario.
Greenwood is either a function of finally getting it. Or...he is playing for his job. Took Kieth Bullock of the titans a couple of seasons to get it.
Be interesting to see if Kubes gets out the Clever or the scalpel this off season. Inquiring minds will be watching.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Spencer's spot isn't secure, at least not as a starter. I would not be surprised if we took Thomas from Wisconsin or signed a free agent to be our LT.
I could see Spencer and Winston starting next year...and neither of them at LT. So, I guess your take is somewhat possible.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #6
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

How is Orr's spot secure? If anything, all he's truly done this season is prove that he's more of a 3-4 OLB.
Old 12-20-2006   #7
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush View Post
OFFENSE:
Andre Johnson - WR
Eric Moulds - WR
Owen Daniels - TE
Eric Winston – RT
Chester Pitts – LG
Charles Spencer – LT

DEFENSE:
DeMeco Ryans – ILB
Dunta Robinson – CB
Mario Williams – DE
Anthony Weaver – DE/DT
Shantee Orr – OLB

Im a big fan of quinn, but i dont want to see him get picked here, if he is, he'll be the guy to push carr for a starting job...If we take peterson, i say he goes into camp as the starter and use davis as trade bait...our recievers are pretty much solid...if we take thomas for the offensive line, that could mean he would play left tackle, pitts left guard, flanagan at cener, spencer at right guard and winston at right tackle... if we trade down and go for a defensive guy, i think we get landry or "pez"(penn st. LB)...i think we have to hit the free agency hard for defensive players...I would like to see us get a lineman on both sides of the ball, a corner, a linebacker, a saftey and quarterback and a runningback in the draft, and go for some reliable vets for the defense in the free agency... *I would like us to shoot for #33 Turner from the chargers in free agency...let me know what you think
Tell you the truth none of the quarterbacks in this class excites me. Quinn reminds me too much of Carr. Russel has much better upside but he is not ready to take over full time and he will require year or two under Kubiak. 2008 or 2009 is really good year to draft franchise quarterback. Maybe Texans needs to sign Huard from KC for few years.

Depends on the health of Spencer and how he comes back from injury. Better option would have been to draft Joe Thomas as LT and move Spencer to RT and Winston to RG and Fred Weary to OC.

In 2002 draft class Fred Weary was #1 OC on the draft board.

Offensive Line
Joe Thomas (LT)
Chester Pitts (LG)
Fred Weary (OC)
Eric Winston (RG)
Charles Spencer (RT)

Draft one scenario -
Round 1 - Joe Thomas (LT)
Round 2 - Michael Bush (RB)
Round 3 - Ben Grubbs (RG)

If Joe Thomas gets drafted ahead of us then draft Adrian Peterson in round 1.

Draft two scenario -
Round 1 - Adrian Peterson (RB)
Round 2 - Daymeion Hughes (CB) / Michael Griffin, Brandon Meriweather, Eric Weddle
Round 3 - Ben Grubbs (RG)
Round 4 - Kyle Young / Dan Mozes / Lyle Sendlein, Samson Satele

Free Agency - Sign Clements (CB), Adalius Thomas / or Briggs (OLB), Terdell Sands (DT), Huard (QB)

Last edited by dbspi; 12-20-2006 at 04:24 AM.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2006   #8
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

WoW

Joe Thomas isnt going to fall out of the top 3. So we cant get him.

Everybody who says that we should sign N Clements and either Briggs or Thomas is dreaming. There is no way we could sign both maybe even one and still sign our rookies, and resign enough of our own players to fill our roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #9
real

I can only see two Texans that I can say with a straight face will be playing in the same spot next year.....

A.J--#1 reciever
Meco--starting MLB

Everyone else, I can see someone taking their spot, or playing another position....
Old 12-20-2006   #10
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ, Moulds, and Daniels are safe on offense
Pitts is probably safe on offense where he's at now.....but i could see them moving him around.

Mario, Demeco, and Drob are safe on defense
Greenwood and Earl are probably safe.

Of course this is my opinion and I may be wrong.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read