Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2006   #1
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who else see's Ryans getting robbed of DROY?

After seeing Ryans being snub for the pro bowl I would not be at all surprised if he ends up not getting the rookie of the year. They would more than likely give it to Hester from the Bears since he is 1) in the playoffs 2) made the pro bowl and 3) well not a Texan. It is sad but I could see him getting robbed of a award he so deserves.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #2
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 59 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who else see's Ryans getting robbed of DROY?

Not a chance. Assuming the fans don't vote, Demeco is going to get it. You hear nothing but praise coming from announcers and TV host. It's all his.
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #3
Oilersfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughnecks View Post
After seeing Ryans being snub for the pro bowl I would not be at all surprised if he ends up not getting the rookie of the year. They would more than likely give it to Hester from the Bears since he is 1) in the playoffs 2) made the pro bowl and 3) well not a Texan. It is sad but I could see him getting robbed of a award he so deserves.
Yes he deserves it, but he won't get it basically because of what you mentioned about D Hester. Pro Bowl and Playoffs = ROY. Alot of people around the NFL don't know much about D Ryans due to the fact that the Texans swimming at the bottom of the barrel.The biggest travisty is that he got snubbed from the Pro Bowl.
Oilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #4
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Dudes, DeMeco got respect by being even named as an alternate. Don't feel like he got slighted. He didn't. Rarely does a rookie make it and don't worry, Hester will NOT get the nod over DeMeco for Defensive Rookie of the Year. It is DeMeco's award.

Don't hate on Hester. He has been great and made a lot of impact on his team. He was knocked for being small in the draft and he is proving the naysayers wrong. Props to Hester but he won't win ROY on Defense.
Old 12-19-2006   #5
K.D.
Veteran

No doubt DROY is Demeco Ryans. Hester could be considered as OROY, but in no way, shape, or form he beats Demeco for DROY. He ain't did s##t on defense. If he gets it on defense side of the ball, it's just plain WRONG and once again that East-coast bias bull-s##t came into play.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #6
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not knocking Hester by no means but giving the media it would not surprise me if gets the shaft. As for the Pro bowl 3rd alt. come on I know he is a rook but he is second in tackles and first in solo tackles going off what he has done on the field he should at lease be backing up the starter.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #7
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Don't hate on Hester. He has been great and made a lot of impact on his team. He was knocked for being small in the draft and he is proving the naysayers wrong. Props to Hester but he won't win ROY on Defense.
Knocks of being small? I don't remember that...I thought his major knock was that he never specialized in a given position (CB, WR) so he was looked at as more of a project if you wanted him to play on offense or defense. Everyone knew he would be a good special teams player (see punt return against Duke last year).
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2006   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Personally, I don't want my rookies winning the Pro Bowl and would prefer them to only play at the level and not get the accolade that early.

I want him to barely miss out so he can use that as fuel for the fire next year. Also you only have to look at D. Davis to know about the contract issue. D.Davis showed production surpassing where he was drafted. His agent angled for a new deal early and got it early. He then went into tank. DeMeco knows that if he continues to produce at high level he will make Pro Bowls and make huge money. If you were to ask him he would probably say a lot of other people deserve it who have been in the game longer. Too much success and/or $$ early can change people and their game....

I love VY but even I have already heard Paul Bunyan like tales of his night life...and that could mean trouble for him and Bud
Old 12-19-2006   #9
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

On the subject of Demeco not getting the DROY:

1. Life and football are not fair.

2. When deserve something, you don't get...
When you don't deserve something, you do get it...
See #1 again.

The way the guy plays and what I see in interviews, he could really care less. Just my take. He is an amazing player and I can't say how pleased I am that he is TEXAN!!!!

GO DEMECO!!!!!
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
On the subject of Demeco not getting the DROY:

1. Life and football are not fair.

2. When deserve something, you don't get...
When you don't deserve something, you do get it...
See #1 again.

The way the guy plays and what I see in interviews, he could really care less. Just my take. He is an amazing player and I can't say how pleased I am that he is TEXAN!!!!

GO DEMECO!!!!!
Everybody cares to an extent. Everybody wants to make the Pro Bowl. Everyone wants to be acknowledged for their good work. But I get what you are saying, it won't effect the way he plays or carries himself. Not negatively anyway.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #11
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

I think he got robbed in the Pro Bowl voting.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can't say it was a snub given how slow the Texans were to recognize that what he was doing was Pro Bowl worthy, why would everybody else?

Look at the inside linebackers in the AFC. Pretty stiff competition. Lots of good guys didn't get the bid.
Old 12-19-2006   #13
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Demeco will WIN DROY!
Old 12-19-2006   #14
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Hester will not win DROY. If there was a STROY then he would win that, but he hasn't done anything special on defense this year.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #15
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Rookies hardly ever make the pro bowl... I can only think of a couple cases off hand.

Wont have any effect on his chances to get the DROY.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #16
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
I see it happening, D-Rob got, well robbed when they gave it to Vilma. Vilma as a LB had like 3 more tackles than D-Rob yet D-Rob had like 6 more ints (numbers not looked up, but you get the point).
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #17
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Rookies hardly ever make the pro bowl... I can only think of a couple cases off hand.

Wont have any effect on his chances to get the DROY.
Like Jerome Mathis
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #18
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

He won't get robbed. He's basically a lock to win it. It's pretty much between him and Mark Anderson of the Bears, but I think he's pulled away from him and has made a much bigger impact.

I was just watching ESPNews and saw a segment with John Clayton and he talked about DeMeco and how LBs have won most of the DROY awards in the recent years, so I'd be surprised if that didn't happen again this year.
Old 12-19-2006   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Can't say it was a snub given how slow the Texans were to recognize that what he was doing was Pro Bowl worthy, why would everybody else?

Look at the inside linebackers in the AFC. Pretty stiff competition. Lots of good guys didn't get the bid.
The Texans move very slow on stuff like this...I mentioned that they were too slow to market him earlier in the year and I am not so sure they don't make too many moves/decisions unless many memos are moved around to many desks. This organization is missing an intuitive element and doesn't seem to know what they have unless they take a poll or someone else tells them what they are looking at at times.

that said, I agree that he wasn't snubbed. MLB in the NFL has tons of studs....he was an alternate...that is a high honor for a rook.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #20
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
Like Jerome Mathis
Name another one.

And Jerome made it as a kick returner. That is quite a bit different from a position like MLB, where there are a slew of superstars with notable names.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read