Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2006   #1
Toro
Veteran

Default Any chance Dallas trades Jones or Chicago trades Benson?

I'd love to see the Texans go after either and solve their HB issue this way, and address the QB, secondary and OLine issues in the draft.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #2
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Any chance Dallas trades Jones or Chicago trades Benson?

I'd trade Carr straight up for Benson
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #3
austintexanite
All Pro

I think Benson would be more realistic as he hasn't adjusted to Chicago, and Jones is a good combo with Barber.
austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #4
GanadoUHCoog
Rookie

I'd take Carr for Benson anyday..but it aint gonna happen
GanadoUHCoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #5
texans83
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 texans83 is a Pro Bowlertexans83 is a Pro Bowler

not sure about free agency rb wise, I do believe we will pick up plumer but I dont know about a rb. I would like to have either one though
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #6
Toro
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
I'd trade Carr straight up for Benson
So would I, but Chicago wouldn't. Then again, Carr with that OLine might turn out to be worthwhile.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #7
everardo7206
Rookie

Location: RGV (if you don't know, thats WAAY deep south texas)

well ron dayne is doing a good job, but just like the rest of the team when we are down 30-3.... plus hes fat :P

but 3 backs that could be starters elsewhere would be LT's backup, marion barber III and either thomas jones or cedric benson.. one of those two is going to leave
Old 12-19-2006   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I don't like Julius Jones that much. I think Marion Barber is a much better back than him. I like what we have right now with Dayne and I might be the only one but I don't think it's the end of the world if we stick with Dayne for next year. To me it's either him, Peterson, or Lynch. I don't want to see us trade for a RB unless Shaun Alexander is going to be available again.
Old 12-19-2006   #9
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

Michael Turner at San Diego will be a FA next year.
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #10
everardo7206
Rookie

Location: RGV (if you don't know, thats WAAY deep south texas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
I don't like Julius Jones that much. I think Marion Barber is a much better back than him. I like what we have right now with Dayne and I might be the only one but I don't think it's the end of the world if we stick with Dayne for next year. To me it's either him, Peterson, or Lynch. I don't want to see us trade for a RB unless Shaun Alexander is going to be available again.

i still remember when dayne shredded dallas on thanksgiving last year..
Old 12-19-2006   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
No, he's not.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #12
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
No, he's not.
Yes he is. Restricted, but still a free agent.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #13
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
RFA... means that we have to sign and likely provide a high round draft choice as compenstation.
Old 12-19-2006   #14
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
Yes he is. Restricted, but still a free agent.
I don't care what draft pick it costs us, that guy is the real deal. He is very productive given the small amount of reps.
Old 12-19-2006   #15
Ghetto D
Rookie

As an RFA, I believe SD only has to make a fairly reasonable qualifying offer to force a 1st rounder out of any team that makes a better offer. It's the same reason Matt Schaub is out of the QB picture.

Turner is an intriguing back, but I wouldn't even trade our high 2nd for him. Hell, just draft Wolff in the later rounds - they are the same player.
Ghetto D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #16
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr to Oakland for LaMont Jordan!

Thats what id like to see anyway.

*EDIT*

Course.. if LaMont didnt turn it around here in Houston, all the same people saying "CUT CARR! SEND HIM PACKING!" would be screaming about how we got no return on a #1 overall pick.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #17
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
I'd love to see the Texans go after either and solve their HB issue this way, and address the QB, secondary and OLine issues in the draft.
How bout we find our own RB instead of trying to grab one off the used lot. RB's are best fresh. I wouldn't trade for one or go after one on the FA market. Good ones with tread left don't get let go.
Old 12-19-2006   #18
texansrock
Rookie

i would like benson. hasnt been too productive for chicago, but coming back to where he played college might spark something.
texansrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #19
K.D.
Veteran

I don't want either one. Give me a healthy DD, if not i'll try and get Marion Barber, he's much more explosive than Jones or Benson. If that don't work give Peterson, McFadden 2nd rd, Irons 2nd rd. Keep Dayne for another year, and throw Lundy in every now and then.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #20
CMoak1982
Rookie

Turner and Wolfe are about as far apart as you can get. Turner is more of a power runner at like 240 pnds, kind of short but got some speed, wolfe is another Warrick Dunn, Turner is more like Christian Okoye or LJ type back.
CMoak1982 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read