Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2006   #1
Osso
Veteran

Default Proud of David Carr

David,

You are by far the toughest NFL player I've ever seen. Since being drafted by the Houston Texans you have been run over repeatedly by very strong and talented defense's. You have stood in that pocket and been beaten into the ground more times than I wish to count. For 5 years you put up with a coaching staff, we all as fans felt were lacking. For 6 years you have lined up behind an O-line you knew could not protect you from these beatings yet you took center every snap unless you were injured. This year you have had to learn a completely new system as well as play with a decimated O-line. I pray that through smart trades, the draft, and free agency our team can provide you with an O-line that can allow you to perform better. Injuries hurt our 1st steps in building you a solid foundation on that line this year.Next year our system will not be an issue and you will be able to focus downfield more. There will be fans who add to this message who will attempt to break your spirit with negative drivel, ignore them. I hope you have good holidays and I wish you and your family good cheer. I am proud of you.

Osso
Amarillo, Texas

Last edited by Osso; 12-19-2006 at 02:25 PM.
Osso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Proud of David Carr

give me whatever you are taking.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #3
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedtexansfan513 View Post
give me whatever you are taking.
Yes, indeed, don't be stingy.
Old 12-19-2006   #4
WildCat_Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osso View Post
David,

You are by far the toughest NFL player I've ever seen. Since being drafted by the Houston Texans you have been run over repeatedly by very strong and talented defense's. You have stood in that pocket and been beaten into the ground more times than I wish to count. For 5 years you put up with a coaching staff, we all as fans felt were lacking. For 6 years you have lined up behind an O-line you knew could not protect you from these beatings yet you took center every snap unless you were injured. This year you have had to learn a completely new system as well as play with a decimated O-line. I pray that through smart trades, the draft, and free agency out team can provide you with an O-line that can allow you to perform better. Injuries hurt our 1st steps in building you a solid foundation on that line this year.Next year our system will not be an issue and you will be able to focus downfield more. I hope you have good holidays and I wish you and your family good cheer. I am proud of you.

Osso
Amarillo, Texas
Well said.
WildCat_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #5
DeclanJr
Rookie

David you are a bum. I am ashamed of you.

Kyle
Houston
DeclanJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #6
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

David,

No offense, my friend, but we need to go in another direction. I think you'll probably be happier somewhere else anyway, right? I mean, who needs the aggravation of being everyone's whipping boy, when really the whole team sucks, not just you. If we hadn't taken you with our very first pick and expected you to be our golden boy, perhaps things could be different right now. But we made you the messiah and you know what happens to messiahs (I mean, you're a Christian after all).

So, good luck to you wherever you land. But we have to part ways.

Take care,

TF
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #7
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

The tribe has spoken: You have 1 min to collect your things and leave!!!

Old 12-19-2006   #8
jjcorvallis
Rookie

Wow, I'm surprised to see a post like this. Sorry, but DC is NOT the answer. He has no leadership ability and no competitiveness. He is not a winner. With David Carr we will NEVER go to the playoffs. I heard he lost trust from his teammates, too.
jjcorvallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #9
bullpenspectator1
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to bullpenspectator1

David has been the face of our organization from day 1. I and many oghers have stood behind him and made excuses about his play. While the first few years were not his fault (off line was and is) he just can't win for us. Its time to make a change. when he throws a 6 yard pass on 3rd and 16 over and over its time to move on. I wish him and his family the best but lets move on and start over fresh. He has taken many millions and can now live a life of luxury and pleasure. Stop doing it at our expense. its time to move on for us and him. good luck DC, don't let the door hit you in the a**....
bullpenspectator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #10
Meisterman
Veteran

Dude....Don' t worry about being a wrecked Carr.....lets ketch some waves when the season ends.

signed,

Jeff Spicoli
Old 12-19-2006   #11
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Dear David,

Thank you for being you.

Sincerely,
The 31 other NFL defenses
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #12
SESupergenius

Dear David,

Thank you for all that you have done and have tried to do with so little. Thank you for the Texans' very first win against the Cowboys. Thank you for sticking in there with an expansion team. It's very rare that a QB can come out from the fodder of an expansion team and not be scathed. I salute your optimism with a team so dismal that fans take personal shots at your family. I think it's time for you to take a step up and try to win with a team that has a more reputable situation and has a history of winning. Houston no longer welcomes your abilities and you will forever be in the shadow of Vince Young when he plays the Texans twice a year The Texans should have done you a favor and let you try to latch onto a winning team last year. Your loyalty to the team through the hard times and your constant perseverence through years of losing might be appreciated elsewhere. Sometimes the situations don't fit and many quarterbacks in this league have moved on to other teams and have excelled greatly. For both you and the Texans, winning cures everthing. I hope that our new QB is given more attention to offensive line and playmakers while I hope you can shake off and unlearn whatever bad habits you've accumulated with your stint here. good Luck.
Old 12-19-2006   #13
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS, MR. CARR!

Please ignore the opinions of the true losers on this message board.

I hope you stay with us for your entire career because you are a great quarterback, a great man, and a great inspiration to true Texans fans.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm proud of him too, for the kind of person he is. But, at this point I'm thinking he's not going to be successful with this team for a very long time, if ever. I think his only real chance at accomplishing anything in this league is to get out of Houston and the Texans only real chance to accomplish anything is without David Carr. They need to seperate and I wish them both the best of luck.

David, in your interview after the game, you looked a little embarrassed and very depressed. That's understandable, right after a terrible loss in which you, to be perfectly honest, played really bad. Just remember though that you have a lot to be proud of: your stellar college career, getting chosen #1 in the NFL draft, even if you don't ever manage to live up to it, the fact that you've shown courage and toughness while taking a beating behind bad pass protection for five years, your beautiful hair (just kidding), the fact that you have always handled all interviews professionally and never started blaming others, and the fact that you do have all the physical tools to be a great QB in the NFL.

Having said that, you stair down receivers horribly, can't seem to feel pressure about to hit you in the back, and have lost the ability to hit a deep receiver in stride. This team has killed your skills, although I'm not certain that you had ALL of those to begin with. It's a sport. A kids' game played by grown men at the highest level, both physically and mentally. The competition, the fame, the glory all make you feel as if it's all that matters. It's not. It's a game. You are young, rich, mature, and honorable. Don't forget to look at the bright side--and find another team that will block for you, because this marriage is a disaster from both sides.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read