Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2006   #1
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carr to the Raiders?

I'm going to assume that the Texans want to get rid of Carr after the season. Let's not argue about this point, let's assume this is correct. What do y'all think the chances are the Raiders would trade for him?

Raiders need a QB....they're not getting Quinn, why would they? They passed on Leinert and Cutler last year. I don't think they'll get Quinn even if he's there for the taking.

With this draft being so weak at QB and the FA being so weak at QB, I think they'd seriously consider Carr. I'd even go as far as to say they would offer a 3rd rounder for him. I just hope we would take an offer like that.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #2
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74437 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr to the Raiders?

It's the least they could do after the whole P Buc fiasco, but I don't think Al Davis is senile enough to do this, yet.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #3
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

I dealt Carr to OAK on madden...for the #2 pick...draft Peterson and Thomas in round 1
Old 12-19-2006   #4
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
I'm going to assume that the Texans want to get rid of Carr after the season. Let's not argue about this point, let's assume this is correct. What do y'all think the chances are the Raiders would trade for him?

Raiders need a QB....they're not getting Quinn, why would they? They passed on Leinert and Cutler last year. I don't think they'll get Quinn even if he's there for the taking.

With this draft being so weak at QB and the FA being so weak at QB, I think they'd seriously consider Carr. I'd even go as far as to say they would offer a 3rd rounder for him. I just hope we would take an offer like that.

Why would he want to go there? Their O-line is about as bad as ours. You think he wants to be the crash-test dummy for the Silver and Black?
Old 12-19-2006   #5
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr is a California guy.....northern Cal at that. I think they'd gamble on Carr over Aaron brooks again. They need alot of positions filled and QB is one of their priorities.
Old 12-19-2006   #6
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4texans View Post
Why would he want to go there? Their O-line is about as bad as ours. You think he wants to be the crash-test dummy for the Silver and Black?

Too bad it's not his choice.
Old 12-19-2006   #7
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought that this was just the kind of reach that Al Davis like to make. Until Carr passed for -5 against his team.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2006   #8
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Too bad it's not his choice.

I believe he has some say in the matter.
Old 12-19-2006   #9
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Actually he has no say in it. All he can do is sit out.
Old 12-19-2006   #10
TreWardTxn
Veteran

Well, no team will trade for a guy who has no intention of playing for them, unless they've already got a third team lined up to take him...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #11
ATX
Hall of Fame

What other choices does Carr have really? Stink it up for another year in Houston and decrease his stock even more? Go to Oakland and hope for the best?

Atleast he'd be closer to home
Old 12-19-2006   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Carr is a California guy.....northern Cal at that. I think they'd gamble on Carr over Aaron brooks again. They need alot of positions filled and QB is one of their priorities.
Not really... Bakersfield is closer to LA - probably about 100 miles north...
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #13
ATX
Hall of Fame

Yeah, but Fresno is closer to Oakland.
Old 12-19-2006   #14
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I went to the Raider game a couple of weeks and hung out with a lot of characters you see on TV and read about.

I asked a lot of them what they thought of Carr. They basically could care less.

Al Davis does not what he wants, but there really isn't fan support from what I saw to take on Carr. Some actually laughed about it and thought Carr would have an even tougher time due to their line problems.

I seriously doubt Carr would go to the Raiders, particularly with their line problems as well. But, that is assuming McNair would part ways. That isn't going to happen. The flag is planted.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #15
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 12262 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Where would Carr "fit in"?

Tampa?
Carolina?
Detroit?
Minnesota?
KC-Green isn't a spring chicken anymore.

My head hurts.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #16
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Since this is hypothetical and a lot of fun....

I could see him in Minnesota. Better line, and a better running game. Less emphasis on him having to do something great and more on just moving the chains.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #17
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post
Where would Carr "fit in"?

Tampa?
Carolina?
Detroit?
Minnesota?
KC-Green isn't a spring chicken anymore.

My head hurts.
Tampa has Simms.....not sure what will become of him or if he plays again.

Carolina has an aging Delhomme, they could sit Carr for a year.

Detroit will probably draft Quinn.....they already had Harrington, don't know if they'd want Carr.

Minnesota might be a good fit. Plus Carr lit it up against them, maybe they remember.

KC has Huard, but he's aging. Green is aging too. I think they'd make Carr sit a year.
Old 12-19-2006   #18
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He has no say in the matter. And Carr's not the type of guy to be confrontational about it. If he's dealt, he's going.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #19
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
He has no say in the matter. And Carr's not the type of guy to be confrontational about it. If he's dealt, he's going.
I'm sure he'll be happy to get out of Houston. If he stinks it up the next 2 games bad......he'll be booed out of Houston.
Old 12-19-2006   #20
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, we all know Al is a big fan of the horizontal game.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read