Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2006   #1
everardo7206
Rookie

Location: RGV (if you don't know, thats WAAY deep south texas)
Default travis johnson

is he injured, or why isn't he playing?

i wasn't all to happy when houston took him in 05
Old 12-19-2006   #2
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: travis johnson

He has been on IR for a few weeks now.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #3
bullpenspectator1
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to bullpenspectator1

He is injury prone and is horrible. Why did we trade away jamaal brown for this loser? Another bone head move by casserly and our staff of draft pick morons. A all pro for a bench warmer. This one was as bad or worse than the bush and young screw up. Please give us some relief!!!
bullpenspectator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #4
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

why did we trade down instead of gettin derrick johnson
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #5
Sco-tai
Veteran

As I recall quite well, it was widely reported that he made significant strides in this, his second season.

Yes, I was one of the people who was annoyed we did not draft Derrick Johnson, but Travis Johnson DEFINITELY looked vastly improved prior to this years injury.

I would be VERY surprised if Travis Johnson & Mario Williams are not the primary cogs to our DL for the next 8 - 10 years.

That would have been kinda sick to have Derrick Johnson & Demeco Ryans rocking 2 of the 3 LB spots, though. Oh well. I'm good with the Travis pick now.
Old 12-19-2006   #6
bullpenspectator1
Rookie

the travis pick is lame. He has not been but even average at best. and mostly from the bench area. He had been better than last year but he plain sucked anyway. another blown pick. look at brown. an all pro and has started every game so far. lets get real he is not gonna be a super star in this league
Old 12-19-2006   #7
AndreRulz
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to AndreRulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullpenspectator1 View Post
the travis pick is lame. He has not been but even average at best. and mostly from the bench area. He had been better than last year but he plain sucked anyway. another blown pick. look at brown. an all pro and has started every game so far. lets get real he is not gonna be a super star in this league
he sucks when he played he always got pushed back 3 yards or pancaked every play.
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2006   #8
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
He is injury prone and is horrible. Why did we trade away jamaal brown for this loser? Another bone head move by casserly and our staff of draft pick morons. A all pro for a bench warmer. This one was as bad or worse than the bush and young screw up. Please give us some relief!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
why did we trade down instead of gettin derrick johnson
Couldn't agree with you guys anymore, another great move my Casserley. We could have had DJ or Brown but instead we got this waste of cap money who hasn't done anything. Even when healthy, I thought he played horrible. TJ and Babin are prolly the worst 1st rd. picks since we've been around.
austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #9
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

TJ has been a disappointment from the beginning.I do not think he was even a force in college.
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #10
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Amigo Invisible View Post
TJ has been a disappointment from the beginning.I do not think he was even a force in college.
Casserly and Capers were head clock punchers in a clock punchers paradise. They did their 8 hours and that was it. How else do you explain the lack of due diligence with whacked out Johnson and guys like Babin (major bust) and Buchanon. Capers and Casserly were yes men to the chief cook and head bottle washer.

McNair is the culprit. He must subtly brow beat people into yessing him on key decisions. Got to be it. Until people direct their ire at the responsible party, it'll be business as usual at Reliant.
Old 12-19-2006   #11
bullpenspectator1
Rookie

he wasn't. answer me this. why did we swap trades for him. we drafted brown and then took tj for nothing in return. what a stupid move. it is obvious they wanted brown and not tj. why then would we not get anything in return for drafting him for the saints? we did it for free. they knew brown wasn't gonna be around and would not be there for them. who the heck wanted tj??? how about not many but us. we need to have a whole new group draft for us maybe an outside consulting firm. no one could do worse. Maybe then we wouldn't be the laughing stock of the football world. someone help us
Old 12-19-2006   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans took TJ and left these other DLineman on the Board: Spears (LSU) now Cowboys, Patterson (USC) now Eagles, and Castillo(Northwestern) now SD.
IMO any of those 3 players would have been a better choice than TJ. So you gotta give the Texans credit, because somehow they managed to draft the worst player out of the top 4 inside DLineman in the 2005 Draft.
Of course this one is on the previous administration.
Lets just hope that at the end of Marios second year he is fairing better in comparison against his DLine Draft classmate members.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #13
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
he wasn't. answer me this. why did we swap trades for him. we drafted brown and then took tj for nothing in return. what a stupid move. it is obvious they wanted brown and not tj. why then would we not get anything in return for drafting him for the saints? we did it for free. they knew brown wasn't gonna be around and would not be there for them. who the heck wanted tj??? how about not many but us. we need to have a whole new group draft for us maybe an outside consulting firm. no one could do worse. Maybe then we wouldn't be the laughing stock of the football world. someone help us
The Texans did get Eric Winston!
Old 12-19-2006   #14
real

I could have sworn trading down to pick TJ is what gave us the extra pick to get Winston.....
Old 12-19-2006   #15
ryansisgod
Veteran

i think the main problem with TJ is that his work ethic sucks, if he can work hard in the offseason and become stronger and more agile he could be a decent at best lineman. but since weve put up with it for so long and kubes think he can do theres not much we can do. lets just hope in the next few years he becomes a beast, like vanden bosch all of a sudden got a billion sacks, after goin like 3 years with just 1 or 2.
Old 12-19-2006   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

We traded with the Saints for their first round pick and their third round pick
(2nd of the third), which is what we used to pick Winston.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #17
bullpenspectator1
Rookie

People tend to forget that the whole mess we know as the Texans was with campers and palmer and casserly. My guess is casserly was the the one pulling the strings. He was and is horrible (why is he an announcer) and not a gm at another club. His last stupid move was mario. They say we have to stop the colts (manning and co) to win the div. But know they have started a whole new problem. When the colts fade away we now have vince. And we see how thats already become another new nightmare. Way to go Texans. How about not trying to be so smart and just go with the best player available for our NEEDS or taking the LOCK instead of all these unproven and stupid longshots. Only Andre Johnson has been a great first round pick. The rest are average at best, and average is being nice!
Old 12-19-2006   #18
bullpenspectator1
Rookie

you may be right and i like eric alot. I think I owe an sowry for that mistatement. anyway we still suck drafting...lol
Old 12-19-2006   #19
everardo7206
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco-tai View Post
As I recall quite well, it was widely reported that he made significant strides in this, his second season.

Yes, I was one of the people who was annoyed we did not draft Derrick Johnson, but Travis Johnson DEFINITELY looked vastly improved prior to this years injury.

I would be VERY surprised if Travis Johnson & Mario Williams are not the primary cogs to our DL for the next 8 - 10 years.

That would have been kinda sick to have Derrick Johnson & Demeco Ryans rocking 2 of the 3 LB spots, though. Oh well. I'm good with the Travis pick now.

i wanted DJ to eventually be the heir to derrick brooks, but well, tampa got a recently ineffective cadillac.. i also would have wanted dj at houston, or erasmus james from wisconsin, but i dont know how he is doing..

also i consider jason babin and dunta robinson bad picks, robinson not so much, but neither have helped much in improving out D, but i think babin has more sacks than mario williams but who knows
Old 12-19-2006   #20
everardo7206
Rookie

also, i had read before the 05 draft, that at florida st, johnson was a monster, but only player when he felt like playing, he wasnt much of a dedicated player and slacks off, same with alex barron from the rams, coincidently both former seminoles

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read