Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-19-2006   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Guess Texans draft positon

Texans have the 5th pick with two games remaining (Colts & Browns) forget about who the Texans will take this year with their 1st pick can anyone say for sure what pick we'll have?

I would hope the Texans can at least split the last two games being @ home. my preference would be to finally beat the Colts. here is the top of the current board order I'm going to guess the Texans stand pat @ #5 pick- http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.htm

1 Detroit 2-12 .531
2 Oakland 2-12 .536
3 Tampa Bay 3-11 .549
4 Arizona 4-10 .496
5 Houston 4-10 .527
6 Cleveland 4-10 .527
7 (1)Washington 5-9 .513

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Guess Texans draft positon

So if they win the last two, we move back to nine or ten....Then at 6-10, we've over reacted with our assement ? DC stays as the starter & we can pretty much stick to the lock and re-load plan ? We're two players away from the play offs in '08 ? I don't think so beerlover.

I think everyone on that team is honestly tring as hard as they can. They just do not have enough tallent at this point, with 11 IR ed and God knows how many banged up, to compete. I think we're pretty safe at the four to five range.
But as they say, that is why they play the games.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

did I miss something my pick for the Texans is #5

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-19-2006   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Detroit 2-12
Remaining opponents
vs. Chicago
at Dallas

They'll lose both games.
Projected record
2-14

2. Oakland 2-12
Remaining opponents
vs. Kansas City
at N.Y. Jets

They'll lose both games.
Projected record
2-14

3. Tampa Bay 3-11
Remaining opponents
at Cleveland
vs. Seattle

They'll lose both games.
Projected record
3-13

4. Arizona 4-10
Remaining opponents
at San Francisco
at San Diego

They'll lose both games.
Projected record
4-12

5. Houston 4-10
Remaining opponents
vs. Indianapolis
vs. Cleveland

We'll lose both games.
Projected record
4-12

I think that the draft order stays put. The Bucs look like the only team that may be able to win a game, but I think they're spent for the season after their OT loss against Chicago.

The Cardinals' Opponents' W/L percentage may also go up in when they lose to San Diego. If that's the case, then we might be able to get their spot at 4.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

excellent post battle red bull

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-19-2006   #6
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
So if they win the last two, we move back to nine or ten...:
You forgot you have to play the Colts
Old 12-19-2006   #7
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

1. Detroit 2-12, remaining opponents are in the playoffs, Bears locked homefield. Possibly win one, but doubt it. 2-14

2. Oakland 2-12 Jets have chance to get in, but Oak still bites. 2-14.

3. Tampa Bay 3-11 Possibly beat Cleve, Seattle leading division, 4-12

4. Arizona 4-10. SD clinched, San Fran trying. 1 close game but 4-12

5. Houston 4-10 Indy's locked, beat Cleveland just to have a high note. 5-11

6. Cleveland 4-10 Noted above loses last 2 games 4-12

7. Washington 4-10 takes St.Louis and loses to NYG 5-11

So, that would mean
1. Detroit
2. Oak
3. Tam
4. Ari
5. Cleveland
6. Houston
7. Washington
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2006   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

So, that would mean
1. Detroit
2. Oak
3. Tam
4. Ari
5. Cleveland
6. Houston
7. Washington[/quote]

I know you said you didn't want players but I had to....

That leaves us with oak/cleveland taking adrian peterson.
Arizona taking joe thomas.

looks like defense again in the 1st. or a trade down if calvin johnson is still up there. (again sorry for referring to players)
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #9
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

if tampa bay is that high they will take calvin johnson, joey is gettin old and michael clayton isnt the same
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

so Dante, you're saying Grueden, even after watching his QB literally get his spleen riped out of him right befor his eyes....he's going to pass on the hotest OLT prospect on the board ? I mean I know he's intense but don't you think he gets a shot at Thomas he's going to take it ? I agree that Johnson is one of the
highest rated WR prospects to come down the pyke in a while. But this isn't the first year the Bucs have had troubles along the o-line. Cadilac is going to run a whole lot better with an anchor at OLT. It'll take Gruden about five secs. to get that card up to the podium.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Arizona and Houston will both finish 4-12.

We won't beat Indy or Cleveland. We're probably moving up to 4 in the draft.

Arizona will lose to better teams than we'll lose to, so they'll drop to 5 based on schedule strength.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
Arizona and Houston will both finish 4-12.

We won't beat Indy or Cleveland. We're probably moving up to 4 in the draft.

Arizona will lose to better teams than we'll lose to, so they'll drop to 5 based on schedule strength.
Your a pessimist but I agree ... what does that make me ?
Old 12-19-2006   #13
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post

1. Detroit 2-12
Remaining opponents
vs. Chicago - They win this game. Chi isn't playing well on D and O is sporatic. I think they upset here.
at Dallas

Projected Record
3-13

2. Oakland 2-12
Remaining opponents
vs. Kansas City
at N.Y. Jets

They'll lose both games.
Projected record
2-14

3. Tampa Bay 3-11
Remaining opponents
at Cleveland
vs. Seattle - Seattle can't figure itself out and I see a upset here.

They'll win both games.
Projected record
5-11

4. Arizona 4-10
Remaining opponents
at San Francisco
at San Diego - If SD wraps up early enough dont look for the starters to play much at all.

They'll win both games.
Projected record
6-10

5. Houston 4-10
Remaining opponents
vs. Indianapolis
vs. Cleveland

We'll lose both games.
Projected record
4-12
My projected pick is #3.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read