Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2006   #1
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pro Bowl teams will be announced today

Go AJ!
Go Demeco!

http://www.nfl.com/probowl
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #2
Doom Capers
Veteran

Default Re: Pro Bowl teams will be announced today

Go Carr!

*crickets*
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #3
MrMeToo
All Pro

Hopefully they both make it. They are the two best and my two favorite players on the team.
Old 12-19-2006   #4
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

If DeMeco doesn't make it i'm going to be sick...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #5
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

why do they gotta do it so early i dont get home till about 4, do it in the evenin when every one is home and watchin
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #6
real

I think Meco deserves it more so than A.J

But....

I doubt either one makes it...
Old 12-19-2006   #7
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know about AJ, because most of the good part of his season was early, but that didn't hurt him in 2004.

I worry about DeMeco because even the Texans weren't promoing him for the Pro Bowl consistently. Saw it a little on the website, but in stadium they didn't promo it.

I don't think the Texans fanbase knows the extent of what he is doing this year, much less the NFL at large.

I guess he gets DROY but nothing else. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.
Old 12-19-2006   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Jonathan Vilma was named DROY in 2004 with 107 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 interceptions, 1 touchdown, and 2 passes defensed.

He did not go to the probowl despite being around the New York press.

I have hopes for Demeco, I just don't think its going to happen. DROY for sure though.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #9
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

I'm 100 % behind DeMeco.... but AJ has had a few key drops, not sure if he was stunned Carr got the ball to him or he just dropped them.
I still hope he gets in.
Old 12-19-2006   #10
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i don't think AJ will be in the pro-bowl, unless theres an injury
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #11
austintexanite
All Pro

I think AJ will prolly make it, and Demeco could go as an injury replacement. I hope he makes it straight up, but he's a rook.
austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

NFL ALL-STAR TOP FIVE ROOKIE VOTE-GETTERS
Pos. Name, Team Votes
KR Devin Hester, Bears 412,207
WR Marques Colston, Saints 392,374
RB Reggie Bush, Saints 235,480
OLB A.J. Hawk, Packers 188,082
RB Joseph Addai, Colts 168,997
AFC LEADING VOTE-GETTERS
Pos. Name, Team Votes Pos. Name, Team Votes
QB Peyton Manning, Colts 1,183,468 DE Jason Taylor, Dolphins 324,843
RB LaDainian Tomlinson, Chargers 1,111,684 IL Warren Sapp, Raiders 164,422
FB Lorenzo Neal, Chargers 570,235 OLB Shawne Merriman, Chargers 225,359
WR Marvin Harrison, Colts 748,991 ILB Zach Thomas, Dolphins 246,934
TE Antonio Gates, Chargers 730,239 CB Champ Bailey, Broncos 450,836
T Jonathan Ogden, Ravens 188,329 SS Troy Polamalu, Steelers 273,162
G Alan Faneca, Steelers 204,034 FS Ed Reed, Ravens 161, 732
C Jeff Saturday, Colts 186,489 P Shane Lechler, Raiders 246,687
K Nate Kaeding, Chargers 442,582 ST Larry Izzo, Patriots 93,087
KR Justin Miller, Jets 146,132
http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27742
Here's some raw data from a Jets web site for rookie and position leaders
in the AFC. I think besides fan votes, there is voting by the players & coachs?
Not sure if those 2 components are equally weighted ?
With all the mobile telecom equipment and unlimited voting, I'm not surprised
that there was 70 Mil votes cast.
Since they take 4 WRs per conference and AJ is in his forth year, I figure his
chances are reasonable good.
But DeMeco is a long-shot, though probably deserving.
Like was posted earlier, the winners to be announced later today.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #13
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I think Stanley and Carr are shoe-ins.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #14
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

If DeMeco and Andre Johnson miss the pro bowl, that's ridiculous. Ryans has the second most tackles in the league and Andre has the most receptions by 10.
Old 12-19-2006   #15
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
If DeMeco and Andre Johnson miss the pro bowl, that's ridiculous. Ryans has the second most tackles in the league and Andre has the most receptions by 10.
Agreed.
Old 12-19-2006   #16
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre should make it. He has had the team, and the media behind him for the first 8-10 games. Demeco is 50-50.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

How a player could get D-ROY and miss the Pro-Bowl just seems weird to me.
Old 12-19-2006   #18
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson made the Pro Bowl as a starter according to 610.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #19
MrMeToo
All Pro

Andre Johnson Made The Pro Bowl!
Old 12-19-2006   #20
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

not a true shock about andre..it will be a shame if meco doesn't get in.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read