Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Carr's Career Path
Tim Couch - Out of the league 18 20.69%
Joey Harrington - Opportunity to play somewhere else 69 79.31%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2006   #1
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carr's future in the NFL

What path do you think Carr's career is going to take if he is cut by the Texans?

Tim Couch - Out of the league (just can't get a break to make a roster)
Joey Harrington - Opportunity to play somewhere else

Personally I think he would definitely get picked up by another franchise. Not that he would start or anything but I just don't see him out of the league. Now I don't think Couch was great by any means but I was surprised he never made another roster considering some of the crappy QB's in the league.

For the record, Harrington is having a pretty bad season and hasn't turned the Dolphins around or anything. This is more a poll as to whether Carr gets a chance with another team. Not how he will do with that team.
Old 12-19-2006   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr's future in the NFL

I think there would be several teams that would take a shot on him, looking for the next (insert QB name who went on to do well with other team than they were drafted by)
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that the national perception is still that Carr is a good QB with a bad OL. That perception is starting to change, though.

In the past two weeks, I've heard Jimmy Johnson and Peter King both bash him without talking about the line.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #4
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

I think around a decent O-line Carr would have a second chance to do well...But he would need to go elsewhere to that...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #5
A Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
I think that the national perception is still that Carr is a good QB with a bad OL. That perception is starting to change, though.

In the past two weeks, I've heard Jimmy Johnson and Peter King both bash him without talking about the line.
I noticed those CBS broadcasters kind of did an about face concerning Carr during the course of the Pats game too.
A Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8 View Post
I think around a decent O-line Carr would have a second chance to do well...But he would need to go elsewhere to that...
YUP! I agree. He not only needs a decent O-line, but he really needs a fresh start somewhere. We the fans need a fresh start as well...
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Couch had serious injury issues with his shoulder or elbow. Sorry, I can't remember which, but it came up quite a bit while he was trying to work out in training camp with a couple other teams (I seem to recall the Packers as one).
Old 12-19-2006   #8
everardo7206
Rookie

Location: RGV (if you don't know, thats WAAY deep south texas)

if harrington can play in another team and be as succesful as he is in miami, i dont see why carr can't go to, say oakland or minnesota and just light it up
Old 12-19-2006   #9
AndreRulz
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to AndreRulz

hell get a shot again for less money maybe for the raiders.
Old 12-19-2006   #10
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Texan View Post
I noticed those CBS broadcasters kind of did an about face concerning Carr during the course of the Pats game too.

Yeah, Rich Gannon couldn't rip him enough. I think Rich is still a little sour from taking an early retirement.
Old 12-19-2006   #11
Toro
Veteran

Someone will give this guy a shot. The 5 years of starting experience and age factor might make him a valued asset to a team like Baltimore, where he can groom under McNair (say what you will about Carr, he's better than Kyle Boller).
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Couch would have had an opportunity if he wasn't injured for two years. That is what killed his career after Cleveland cut him.
Old 12-19-2006   #13
TSgt.Texan
Rookie

Where is waterboy?
TSgt.Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #14
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
Man, that is a tough call. At least Boller threw 2 bombs right on the money last week. 1 for a 77 yard TD. Carr in 5 years and 76 games has NEVER done that. He may have throw a 5 yard dumpoff that the receiver took to the house, but that doesn't count.

Carr, you are an embarrassment to the NFL. Go away!!!!
Do you know what you are saying? They are only rushing 3 guys and still get to him now do the math...... that means there are 8 men either dropping back or spying in zone its almost impossible to throw down field look what happened last week he got picked 4 times bc he tried to force it in there. The only thing that he can do is drop it off underneath, if you watched the game you would know that.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #15
everardo7206
Rookie

Location: RGV (if you don't know, thats WAAY deep south texas)

so is the problem the o-line?

man.. both my teams have ugly o-lines, tampa and houston.. well, tampa's is young and i have faith in them.. but houston....well....
Old 12-19-2006   #16
LORENZOF33
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 LORENZOF33 has been demoted to the practice squad

Hot off the presses!! I called Ms.Cleo today. Thats right Ms. Cleo the famous psychic. She says she see's David. She see's David by water. She see's David by a pool. Oh, he's in Bob Mc Nair's backyard cleaning his pool! The most expensive pool boy in America. Who cares where he goes long as he gets the hell out of Houston!!!
LORENZOF33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #17
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
if harrington can play in another team and be as succesful as he is in miami,
I checked his stats and Joey Harrington really isn't doing that great.
Old 12-19-2006   #18
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
I checked his stats and Joey Harrington really isn't doing that great.
He is winning a fair amount more than Carr though.
Old 12-19-2006   #19
Jimpster
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreRulz View Post
hell get a shot again for less money maybe for the raiders.
Who ever picks up Carr, they will have to pay him what's in his current contract.

A: 1 - Gary Kubiak
Jimpster is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read