Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2006   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak has "mailed it in"

The commentators during the Pats game alluded to our Texans as "having the wind taken out of our sails" after the defeat against the Titans the week beore.

They said that the Texans were not preparing at full speed on Wenesday , and that we had done a walk through.

Even before hearing this from them, I knew this team had just flown up and had "gone through the motions" instead of playing har. In fact, I suspected that Kubiak was the biggest offender of them all. It just FELT to me that Kubiak felt sorry for his players and how much emotional trauma they endured at the hands of the immortal Titans.

IMO, Kubiak has mailed it in.

IMO, Carr is done. Kubiak left him out in the cold vs. the Pats. He knowshe wants to move on without Carr, and so he's just letting stuff slide. And, IMO, Carr is feeling the same thing...knowing that he just has to move on after this season.

Kubiak's body language tells me that he's done just about as much as he thinks he could do with the crapola that was handed to him back in February.

Good job, Kubiak. Get some rest because you'll need it when the offseason hits and it's time to sleep in your office while trying to sort through how in the world you can possibly get past the blatant incompetency of Dom Capers and his staff of clowns.
Old 12-19-2006   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak has "mailed it in"

What I heard: They said the guy is working from 7 am in the moring untill two in the morning tring to figure this thing out. Now there may be some in here, but there ain't many spending basically working on thier job nineteen hours a day.
so you want Kubes to cough up a lung for ya to prove he's comitted ? Inquiring minds want to know. Maybe it's not Kubes fault you over estimated the tallent level of this team and what the effects of lossing eleven guys to the IR list would do to the season ? I dunno what ya think there big guy ? Think the teams tallent level might of suxed just a tad there ? Tallent might have something to do with the collapse ? What cha think there Einstien ?
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #3
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
IMO, Kubiak has mailed it in.

IMO, Carr is done.
Kubiak does have that look of "Is it over yet?" At this point he is probably watching how everyone is just handling themselves in the midst of this mess, and looking ahead to next year. And as far as Carr goes, what good would pulling him do now? At least with him in the game, he can maybe salvage a little something for himself, though I don't have the slightest idea what he would be salvaging.
Old 12-19-2006   #4
Rightnow
Veteran

I think that Kubiak, just like the rest of the team, is very tired. Tired of the long hours, the injuries, and mostly the losses.

I think he, like Carr, is at a loss to how to salvage the season. I'm sure Kubiak is putting in tons of hours, is evaluating hour after hour of film, but the losses keep coming. I bet he is so sick of losing it keeps him up during the few hours he has to sleep.

I think he knew how important that Titans game was and the Texans lost it in the worst possible way. A blowout would have been better than Vince sprinting into the end zone in OT. He saw his guys put forth their very best effort in that game, and it was a very good game. I think the Texans played as hard as they possibly could, but in the end they just got beat.

I don't think he is "mailing it in," but I do think he is worn out and looking forward to the season being over.
Old 12-19-2006   #5
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

No more tap water to bottled water on the sig? It's been a tough year indeed.
Old 12-19-2006   #6
johnboy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
What I heard: They said the guy is working from 7 am in the moring untill two in the morning tring to figure this thing out. Now there may be some in here, but there ain't many spending basically working on thier job nineteen hours a day.
so you want Kubes to cough up a lung for ya to prove he's comitted ? Inquiring minds want to know. Maybe it's not Kubes fault you over estimated the tallent level of this team and what the effects of lossing eleven guys to the IR list would do to the season ? I dunno what ya think there big guy ? Think the teams tallent level might of suxed just a tad there ? Tallent might have something to do with the collapse ? What cha think there Einstien ?
Its not how many hours you put in,its what your getting accomplished that counts. Gary needs to do something like playing other QBs. Carr sat out one quarter in five years See what the other guy has maybe the off line will play beeter. Working Ninteen hours a day is stuped (leaders delegate)
johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #7
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

They might as well lose these next 2 to move up in the draft and get a decent pick. I'm pretty sure Colts are a given, but they may actually have a chance at the Browns.
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2006   #8
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

well i dont see us beating the colts. the browns is a toss-up....they are alot better than what their record shows. they compete well.
Old 12-19-2006   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if Kubiak and Bob Allen are trying to run Carr out of town and the questions are scripted .
Old 12-19-2006   #10
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
Its not how many hours you put in,its what your getting accomplished that counts. Gary needs to do something like playing other QBs. Carr sat out one quarter in five years See what the other guy has maybe the off line will play beeter. Working Ninteen hours a day is stuped (leaders delegate)
Who's he going to put in? Sage is out so that leaves him with the option of Van Pelt.....gees. He's been with the team a whopping two weeks. He's the answer, why didn't they think of that option already?
Old 12-19-2006   #11
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Who's he going to put in? Sage is out so that leaves him with the option of Van Pelt.....gees. He's been with the team a whopping two weeks. He's the answer, why didn't they think of that option already?
CJ...Haven't you noticed?.. there are several brainiacs on here who have suggested this.

Doesn't take long to figure out who has a clue and who wouldn't know where to go to buy one...unless another poster tells them.

Its called thinking.....and that concept is foreign to them.

Carr will finish out the year, barring injury, and most likely will be gone next year.

Then the brainiacs can aim their venom at Rosenfels.

New coachs, new systems on O and D, roster in constant flux since training camp.

We have won more games this year than last, and things were looking up until the injury bug hit. Lots of players we were counting on are on IR.
Our lack of depth finished off this season.

So what is the problem, and what do we do?

Kubiak has mailed it in and replacing Carr will lead us to the promised land.

Yeah... right.

Some even suggesting that Mr McNair should move the team.

Sorry about the rant but the constant idiocy of some on this board has used up my allotment of patience for the next ten years.

Old 12-19-2006   #12
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I wonder if Kubiak and Bob Allen are trying to run Carr out of town and the questions are scripted .
My thoughts exactly.
Old 12-19-2006   #13
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Kubiak has an obligation to this team to put a QB on the field that gives us a chance of at least looking like an NFL team...saying that, why didn't he bring back Ragone.

Like many other players, Dave did not fit Kubiak's 'special' choice selection system and-like with Wand-this means that if you were a player that was here before Gary and he cuts you...you ain't coming back.

Don't bother trying to find all the negatives against Ragone including the fact he's a lefty--IMO he would have been the best choice out there as he's been a winner in Europe and he knew the team...

I'm sorry but I have some serious issues with some of the things that Kubiak does that make no sense and-IMO-do not put the team in the best position to succeed. I can only hope that these things will be a victim of Kubiak's 'learning' curve because they are not 'healthy' for the team....:brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #14
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
CJ...Haven't you noticed?.. there are several brainiacs on here who have suggested this.

Doesn't take long to figure out who has a clue and who wouldn't know where to go to buy one...unless another poster tells them.

Its called thinking.....and that concept is foreign to them.

Carr will finish out the year, barring injury, and most likely will be gone next year.

Then the brainiacs can aim their venom at Rosenfels.

New coachs, new systems on O and D, roster in constant flux since training camp.

We have won more games this year than last, and things were looking up until the injury bug hit. Lots of players we were counting on are on IR.
Our lack of depth finished off this season.

So what is the problem, and what do we do?

Kubiak has mailed it in and replacing Carr will lead us to the promised land.

Yeah... right.

Some even suggesting that Mr McNair should move the team.

Sorry about the rant but the constant idiocy of some on this board has used up my allotment of patience for the next ten years.

The brainiacs? The ones that sat in the stands and watched a real QB, Sage Rosenfelds, someone who can see over the line, toss strike after strike downfield in the few moments he was given a chance this year? Yeah, I'd say we are pretty smart. Of course we aren't spending every waking and sleeping minute worrying about justifying a payout to a loser. Investments go bad sometimes.

Don't be a cheapskate and make the fans pay for your mistake Mr. McNair.
Old 12-19-2006   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we all need to get used to the idea that Carr will probably return next season. Kubiak will put a better line and RB, but I don't think we're moving him just yet. Carr will probably be on a really short leash, but I am preparing myself for the real possibility that he returns in 2007.

As far as 'mailing it in', I just saw a bad team get it's ass kicked by a good team. That's all. I don't buy anything that says Kubiak is coasting. It's not his nature.
Old 12-19-2006   #16
carrlover
Rookie

Sad to say but i am sure you are right. I support the Texans, but I cant even watch more then 20 minutes of a game. As much as they screw up I don't want it to screw up my whole Sunday. I love them but I cant watch them, so sad.
carrlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #17
austintexanite
All Pro

He better not be throwing it in, I think he would lose his players if they see that the Head Coach doesn't even care anymore. As for the team losing the last two games on purpose, I have never been a fan of losing on purpose and continue to root against that idea.
austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #18
johnboy
Rookie

Quote:
Carr plays like hes been hear about three weeks.Maybe, after working a ninteen hour day, Gary would have had a back-up QB in house. We have four wins. Why not play Van Pelt? What is going to do lose?
johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #19
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

HOW MANY FREAKIN' PSYCHOLOGISTS ARE ON THSI BOARD ANYWAYS?

How does any one surmise the demeanor of the Head Coach and his strategy in terms of effort by the way he is standing on the sideline in a 40-7 butt kicking...

Do you all have some sort of great power to translate 'posture' into 'work ethic' that no one else in the world has?

And you can't hide behind this 'IMO' junk. It absolutely makes no sense to insinuate that Kubiak is mailing it in. I heard nothing but tremendous feedback about his abilities upon hiring him and now the jackals are spewing garbage about his intentions by basing a pretty serious accusation on probably no more than 30 secs of television pictures of Kubiak? Bollucks!

The oh-so-I've-posted-1,391-times poster "suspected that Kubiak was the biggest offender of them all" when it came to going through the motions. Based on what!?!?!? I come here for the entertainment most of the time and here some stuff about what goes on in the local coverage because I don't live close, but the boards are turning to junk with this kind of senseless, unfounded babbling.
Old 12-19-2006   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilson View Post
HOW MANY FREAKIN' PSYCHOLOGISTS ARE ON THSI BOARD ANYWAYS?
We're all psychologists here, man. Don't you have your license?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read