Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2006   #1
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans F.O.'s support of Carr

So, the Texans front office (Kubiak, McNair, etc..etc..) supports Carr..or at least they say so to the media.

My question is, do you think they are being politically correct? Or, are we in for another year of the Carr project?

I wonder.. this is an organization that has shown its willingness to go against the grain (and the fans) to do what they think is "best for the team". They did it in the draft by taking Williams, they did it by cutting Sharper and Glenn... they have a history of such things.

And if you think about it, there is an arguement for keeping Carr. He has had terrible protection. He has had a bad running game. He has been learning a new system. We have had a lot of injuries this season, including some key olinemen. There is an arguement for keeping Carr.. I dont agree with it, but it is there. Its the same arguements we would use if we were trying to sell Carr to another team and get us a nice draft pick or player this year.

Carr to Oakland for LaMont Jordan!

Draft JaMarcus Russell!

DeMeco Ryans, LaMont Jordan, JaMarcus Russell, Go HoUston TeXans!

But the fan pressure to get rid of Carr may be even MORE rabid than the Vince Young/Reggie Bush crazy of last year.

So what do you think? Will they replace Carr?
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #2
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans F.O.'s support of Carr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Nope...
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #3
Texan1
Veteran

Honestly who knows?

I think you are correct in saying that there is no way to tell what the Texans FO will do. They amazed me by trading all those picks away for Babin and PBuc. I know Babin is playing better, but he still is in no way worth the cost of aquisition.

There is an arguement for keeping Carr, but I think the only way Kubiak \ Smith pass up a reasonable trade like you mentioned above is if McNair steps in and makes them stay with Carr. I think Kubiak has gone out of his way to say Carr is to blame for some of the O's issues. On his 610 show today - he was quick to step in, when a caller was ragging the O line, and say that even when Carr has had protection he has not played well lately.

I would guess he is gone or will be riding pine behind Sage next year.
Texan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

If I were Gary Kubiak, and I said I was going to do everything I could to help David become successful in the NFL, I'd feel like an ass if I gave the OK to get rid of him next year.

And as stoopid as many think the Texans F.O. is for passing on Vince, I don't think they are stoopid enough to draft a QB the next season.......

I think the best move, the most logical move for Kubiak, is to go with Sage or Van Pelt next year......... & David can be the backup.

That way, we'll see where our OL really is. I still believe David makes them look worse than they really are.

If that QB can prove to be effective behind that line, then we'll sometime after week 8, we'll pull him if he throws an INT, or if he gets sacked, and let David play.

It doesn't matter if we happen to be playing the Baltimore Ravens, or the New England Patriots, or the worst team in the league, David has got to perform at a high level. Substantially better than he has so far, to get the start for the next game...... and the next game, and the next game.....

if he makes 8 games as the starter, he'll be the Texans starting QB in 2008.
Old 12-18-2006   #5
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Magic 8 ball says not on your life ! Lions, Cardinals and Browns say welcome to NFL HELL!
BAD MAGIC 8 Ball!
Old 12-18-2006   #6
profan
Veteran

if they don't replace carr they will lose this team, as i would imagine alot of players are getting tired of this carrs ride.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #7
Chaft
Rookie

David Carr is Steve McNair's boy. I bet they go to church together with their families on Sundays. Until McNair feels it in the pocketbook, I don't see Carr going anywhere. If the city of Houston is going to continue to support a loser team with high revenues year after year like the Chicago with the Cubs, there is no incentive for management to get rid of cronies who are tight with ownership.

At least with the Rockets, the fan reaction is immediate. Les Alexander knows he has to put together a decent team or else.

Houston Texans are the Chicago Cubs
Chaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2006   #8
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 269 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

F.O should support this petition

Sign Here
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #9
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet more than half the team would vote Carr off the island if it was a secret ballot.
Old 12-18-2006   #10
everardo7206
Rookie

Location: RGV (if you don't know, thats WAAY deep south texas)

i think kubiak likes carr, even though hes ineffective
Old 12-18-2006   #11
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 25465 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaft View Post
David Carr is Steve McNair's boy. ...
Steve McNair?

As for the original question - who knows. I can see either side, keep Carr another year just to see or play the PC game to have other teams try to trade for him when the times comes.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #12
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So, the Texans front office (Kubiak, McNair, etc..etc..) supports Carr..or at least they say so to the media.

My question is, do you think they are being politically correct? Or, are we in for another year of the Carr project?

I wonder.. this is an organization that has shown its willingness to go against the grain (and the fans) to do what they think is "best for the team". They did it in the draft by taking Williams, they did it by cutting Sharper and Glenn... they have a history of such things.

And if you think about it, there is an arguement for keeping Carr. He has had terrible protection. He has had a bad running game. He has been learning a new system. We have had a lot of injuries this season, including some key olinemen. There is an arguement for keeping Carr.. I dont agree with it, but it is there. Its the same arguements we would use if we were trying to sell Carr to another team and get us a nice draft pick or player this year.

Carr to Oakland for LaMont Jordan!

Draft JaMarcus Russell!

DeMeco Ryans, LaMont Jordan, JaMarcus Russell, Go HoUston TeXans!

But the fan pressure to get rid of Carr may be even MORE rabid than the Vince Young/Reggie Bush crazy of last year.

You pose a really great question(s). I'm at a crossroad with my team. I'm beginning to think that the team is hell bent on forcing Carr to be a SB winning QB so they can justify him being here. No matter how long it takes.
Old 12-18-2006   #13
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

The Texans are the only team in the NFL-sure there are more-that insist upon keeping an ineffective QB starting. How many play-off teams have the same starting QB they had 5 yrs ago?

IMO, the biggest mistake the Texans FO/HC/OC have made with Carr is no competition. In the 'real' world-including the NFL-it is common to have more than one person wanting the same job/assignment and letting them compete fairly for it in the work place or on the playing field. This is 'especially' true when one person is not getting desired results.

It would have been a win -win situation to have started Sage before his injury because-- 1) it's possible he could have given more insight on our OL, 2) he could have developed a vertical passing game, 3) his positive results could have affected other players on the team to get better results and 4) his positive results could have pushed Carr to better results. Sure, Sage's play could have gone in the opposite direction but we'll never know, at least not this year...

Without question, Carr's play has gotten worse as the year has gone on, with his stats falling on a weekly basis. He now has more INT's than TD's and may end up the season with fewer scores than last year. On the other hand-despite all the injuries to the OL, he'll have been sacked less....

As fans, it would probably amaze us if we knew all the personal coaching that Carr has gotten since day one, especially this year from Kubiak. Why? Are we ever going to see results?

It's obvious that 'someone' in this organization thinks Carr is the answer, someone that controls that final decision. Hopefully, that 'someone' is not basing that belief on what all their buddies are telling them, as that is the 'oldest' trick in the book---which NFL Owner or HC would not want to face Carr on any given 'game day?'

We can make a lot of changes during the off-season but,IMO, they won't matter if Carr is back and everything is 'status quo.'
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #14
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I was going to post everyone likes DC. But obviously that's not the caes in here. I like Carr and most honest poster like DC. That's not the problem. The big question is is he salvagable ? I don't think so after the wolf (Belichick) and company dismantled that offense sunday. I mean they called off the dogs after the half. Evreybody is frustraed. Coach recievers, o-line guys tring as hard as they can....but the bottom line is is DC salvagable ? We're going to find out Kubiack's answer to that question in about two months. I believe, inspite of reports to the contrary, Kubiaks answer is going to be no. He's so beaten down, so shell shocked, the best solution is to settle with him and move on. I dunno and I ain't in the loop just what I see.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #15
Bobo
Hall of Fame

They obviously should keep Carr. It's Kubiak who needs to go. After all, Carr can't be responsible for poor blocking and poor defense. It's Kubiak who is responsible for that. I'm tired of hearing his excuses.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbourda View Post
You pose a really great question(s). I'm at a crossroad with my team. I'm beginning to think that the team is hell bent on forcing Carr to be a SB winning QB so they can justify him being here. No matter how long it takes.
Unneccesary roughness, pushing over Carrs wheelchair

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read