Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2006   #1
Oilersfan
Rookie

Default If You Were Andre Johnson Would You Stay Or Go ?

I know we all want AJ to stay in a Texans uniform, take the fan aspect out of this and put yourself in his shoes, what would you do. Why would you stay or why would you go.
Oilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #2
DeclanJr
Rookie

Default Re: If You Were Andre Johnson Would You Stay Or Go ?

I would go if I thought that Carr was going to cost me trips to the pro bowl.
DeclanJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278082 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If You Were Andre Johnson Would You Stay Or Go ?
If I was AJ? I'd want off of this team as quick as you can say "make a deal".
Old 12-18-2006   #4
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Stay...I am settled in...I am about to get a new QB...I just got a new offensive minded coach...I just got a veteran mentor. I am staying if I am AJ.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #5
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan View Post
I know we all want AJ to stay in a Texans uniform, take the fan aspect out of this and put yourself in his shoes, what would you do. Why would you stay or why would you go.

It all depends,if he goes to another team and has as many dropped balls as the second half of this season. If that were the case another QB might not keep looking his way.
Old 12-18-2006   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I seriously doubt AJ is worried about going to the probowl. He's playing for pride.

If I were AJ, I'd be mad as hell when they franchise me....... because that is the only way we will keep him here in Houston.

& when he is slapped with the Franchise tag, I hope he holds out, and not participate in OTAs, TC, and the preseason unless they get him a QB.
Old 12-18-2006   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

If I was Dre I'd say trade me. He only has so many good years in him. I don't see the team fixing QB, o-line, and play calling problems any time soon. This is a slow moving organization; they need a culture change.

His contract probably has performance incentives - how many $100Ks do you think he's lost in this offense the past couple of years.
Old 12-18-2006   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I would say, "I won't play if Carr is behind center."
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #9
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

For AJ, it probably depends on his options and the money involved.

I think he is locked up for 3 more years anyway, so he is pretty much stuck with zero leverage.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ is not T.O. He's staying. If he tries the FA market, he'll regret going to the Redskins.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #11
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan View Post
Id stay. The money to stay will be good, the new scheme uses me alot, and the city has been good to me.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
AJ is not T.O. He's staying. If he tries the FA market, he'll regret going to the Redskins.

I'd bet money that Bud Adams would pick him up, and have VY throw to AJ on every down.
Old 12-18-2006   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'd bet money that Bud Adams would pick him up, and have VY throw to AJ on every down.
VY isn't known for his throwing...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
For AJ, it probably depends on his options and the money involved.

I think he is locked up for 3 more years anyway, so he is pretty much stuck with zero leverage.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Stay...I am settled in...I am about to get a new QB...I just got a new offensive minded coach...I just got a veteran mentor. I am staying if I am AJ.

Leverage or not, he could force a trade. It happens.

As the front office says every time they cut a player, "football is a business". Maybe Dre will see it that way and try to do what is good for him rather than the team. Almost any team he went to would be an upgrade.

I don't know how "settled in" he is. A lot of players treat their work cities as a temporary residence.
Old 12-18-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
VY isn't known for his throwing...
He threw some pretty sweet accurate passes in Reliant a couple weeks back.
Old 12-18-2006   #16
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
What a thought.
Old 12-18-2006   #17
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 269 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

He will stay if Carr leaves and Sage starts

He will leave if Carr returns as the 'franchise' QB next year
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #18
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo-x View Post
He will stay if Carr leaves and Sage starts

He will leave if Carr returns as the 'franchise' QB next year
A couple of thoughts:

1. Andre's the reason Sage looks as good as he does. He made some acrobatic catches in the Titans game. If Sage got the job, it seems like he and AJ already have chemistry.

2. Where does all this speculation come from about AJ wanting a trade anyway?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #19
DatTexBoy
Veteran

AJ has a player option this year so he could opt out of his contract this offseason...that' plenty of leaverage!
DatTexBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #20
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexBoy View Post
AJ has a player option this year so he could opt out of his contract this offseason...that' plenty of leaverage!
I don't think AJ has an option like Carr had for his.

That issue has been discussed at great lengths on this board and some very reputable people have stated his deal is for 7 years straight up.

Apparently, AJ didn't have a big time agent do his deal.

What is your source? Maybe you are right...
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read