Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-18-2006   #1
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Is it me or is there anyone else not in love with any of the QB's coming out?

I'm sorry guys I just can't see a fix for our QB problem in this draft.

Brady Quinn to me looks overrated even if he was coached by Weis.

Troy Smith is still MAYBE 6' tall and his mechanics are a bit sketchy though they can be fixed. He showed up in the 1st HALF of the michigan game and then disappeared.

Jamarcus Russell is nice but no consistency which is what we already have in my opinion.

Then there is Kolb whom I just am not blown away by even for a middle round pick.

I want to have a QB that MOVES me. He after all is the LEADER of the team.
Old 12-18-2006   #2
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is it me or is there anyone else not in love with any of the QB's coming out?

Well the good news is the weak QB class should raise Carr's stock after the season when we trade him. I'd be happy with a 3rd or 4th rounder for Carr.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #3
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek
Default Re: Is it me or is there anyone else not in love with any of the QB's coming out?

I am not real thrilled with any of the QBs coming out. I tend to think Carr will still be here next year largely because of the relatively weak QB class this year, I don't see us forcing a pick and drafting a QB higher than he deserves just for the sake of getting one and moving David Carr.
Old 12-18-2006   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
I am not real thrilled with any of the QBs coming out. I tend to think Carr will still be here next year largely because of the relatively weak QB class this year, I don't see us forcing a pick and drafting a QB higher than he deserves just for the sake of getting one and moving David Carr.
Signed,

Jay Cutler
Old 12-18-2006   #5
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not really excited by any of the QB's if we were gonig to expect them to play next year.

I do however think that Russell, Bohm, and Colt B. will all be very good QB's if allowed to sit a year or two.
Old 12-18-2006   #6
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

This year's class is no where near the '06 class. Brady Quinn is the no.1 prospect at that position but there are question regarding him. He's played behind a shaky o-line and has been beaten up a lot. He's a good player but I don't see him better than Matt Leinart, VY or even Jay Cutler. I don't see the Texans drafting a qb with their no.1 pick but they may pick up someone later in the draft. I think the Texans will go the FA route with the qb situation and bring in some real competition at the position.
Old 12-18-2006   #7
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

You are not alone my friend. No one is this draft class get's me all google eyed to try and grab. There is NOT a Carr replacement to be hand in this class...
Old 12-18-2006   #8
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

2008 & 2009 will be very elite QB class. I think it will serve us best to wait year or two to draft QB. In the mean time let Sage play next year and go into camp with open competition.

Brady Quinn reminds me of Carr.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #9
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

i like the idea of jamarcus russell in a texans uni.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #10
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to draft Quinn or Russell, but i have feeling we wont go qb in the first...i wouldnt be surprised if we take a Drew Stanton in the 3rd....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Stanton= boo.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #12
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Stanton= boo.
My thoughts exactly, but we've been shocked before...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #13
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

kolb, russell, or smith

those are the QB's i like and would be happy with
unless we get a QB this offseason

maybe we can wait for colt mccoy, or that big QB from kansas state

but also willie tuitama looks good at times, but is in consistent
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't mind drafting Colt Brennan or Kevin Kolb. I'm not a big fan of Jamarcus Russell since he's inconsistent. I like Troy Smith, but I don't think he'll be around when it's our turn to pick in the 2nd.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

VY guys got kinda quite this week huh ? I'm with ya. I think the QB banter is like the Ko Simpson Banter of last year. There are thirty or so guys on the board...all but three of them aren't named Kolb, Smith and Russel. You know what the look was on Kubes face was Sunday...that's the look of a guy who saw the last straw being broken. So ...We're going to take one. Worst case scenario...we send picks to someone for a QB. Best scenario, Kubes finds someone in the pile he likes a lot and drafts the guy in the fourth. The big desision will be wether they can work out a deal with DC or not. I think Carr is ready to move on too. So they'll bring in a free angent (read cheap) QB. The QB talk IMHO, is being driven by DC hate. Just don't set yourselves up for some heartbreak. Nobody saw Owen Daniels coming either. I don't know and I ain't in the loop. Just think if we are going for a qb or a banging running back with the great Dayne already on board....no OLT prospect...whoever they bring in will be doing a little more than holding the clip boad befor the end of the season in '07. I've only seen Russell, outside of highlight clips, once this season. So I won't bang on him. Hope he doesn't dodge the combine if we're spending a one on him. Just saying. Remember, DC had a heck of a workout five years ago also.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #16
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I wouldn't mind drafting Colt Brennan or Kevin Kolb. I'm not a big fan of Jamarcus Russell since he's inconsistent. I like Troy Smith, but I don't think he'll be around when it's our turn to pick in the 2nd.
i wouldnt mind makin colt a project, cause you never know with the WAC qb's
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #17
austintexanite
All Pro

I think Brohm and Russell are the best of those prospects but they have knocks as well. Brohm seems to be injury prone and Russell isn't that consistent.
austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #18
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
I think Brohm and Russell are the best of those prospects but they have knocks as well. Brohm seems to be injury prone and Russell isn't that consistent.
I would take Brohm over Russell, but I don't think Brohm will declare this year. I think he's kind of like Brady Quinn was last season. Quinn could have declared and would have probably been a top 10-15 pick. Brohm would be as well, but if he stays and enters the draft next year he'll be a top 5 pick.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

despite Troy Smiths measureables I love this guys leadership ability & heart. The only way you can measure it is by big game perfomances and championships. remember last year this time we were having the discussion if Vince Young was a QB or a WR, even McClain said late in the season NFL scouts were split, by the time he declared for the draft after the Rose Bowl he was still not considered a top 10 pick, then leading up to the last weeks before the draft Tennesse was rumored to be very impressed with his private workouts and as they say the rest is history.

my point is only this- alot can change by draft time, we'll learn alot more about these prospects over the next 4 months before the actual draft, but there is one thing I'm sold on and thats a guy who can put a team on his shoulders & carry them to a Championship. If the Texans pass on another one of these ultra competitive types then they are indeed a sorry lot

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #20
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

if i was going to take a project i'd take the guy out of Univ. of Washington.

6'2 215 and runs a 4.5 but that's just IF we want a project on his hand.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read