Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2006   #1
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 38029 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Could Carr Be "Tanking" On PURPOSE??? [:-o>

Another conspiracy theory of mine...

Do you guys think that Carr could actually think that he REALLY IS a "Good Quarterback" and be tanking these games on purpose???

Why would he?
So the coaches, front office & fans would get sick of him.

Why would he?
So he could get to go to a "better team."

Why would he?
8 million reasons, this year.

Is there anyway that he has some convoluted notion that he is a GOOD QB and would be even better if he were to get out of Houston???

Like I said...Just a conspiracy theory.

Any Thoughts?

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #2
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Could Carr Be "Tanking" On PURPOSE??? [:-o>

Nope. He just sucks. Pure and simple.
Old 12-18-2006   #3
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Tanking..... WHAT?

How can you increase your own value by sucking, and going to a good team? Please explain to me how that would even happen...David might only now get us a 4th round pick. And what team right now has a worse QB than us? Oakland? Close to home, hmm.....Maybe you are right...NOT.

Tanking only labels you a quitter...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he's a character guy so I don't believe he would do anything like that.

I do believe he's ready to move on to another team though. And I think it's certainly in the team's best interest for that to happen.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Quoted for the simple truth.
Old 12-18-2006   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Tanking intentionaly.......I highly doubt it. Could he be fed up and just not really caring anymore....Could be. Think how you would feel with the team not doing what has been needed with the line for years, your getting beat like a rented mule and the Fans and local media are screaming for your head. How much enthusiasim could you whipp up? And don't give me that "8 million reason" thing because that's a bogus rabbit trail. You may think it would matter to you because you don't have that kind of coin, but after several years of being pummeled and despised, you wouldn't really care any more either.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #7
sleepwalker
Veteran

Quote:
Yes.
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2006   #8
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

He stinks as a Texan. Maybe he goes on to do well in another offensive system under a new head coach with a better supporting cast.
Old 12-18-2006   #9
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Always typing in blue and putting this [:-o> at the end of each thread title is getting a little annoying.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Hundreds of sacks in his first several years of pro ball have "broken" him. He has been conditioned by the constant beating to react in ways that are detrimental to being a good QB. His instincts have now been wired to worry about the rush first, turnovers second, and then the play third.

While a class act, good family man, and a player that once had a lot of potential, I just think he's lost his edge to the sack monster. He's not tanking, though...
Old 12-18-2006   #11
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope, he just doesnt know what he is doing...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #12
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
[color=blue]
Tale Gator...as far as the blue font is concerned...is that really the best you've got? C'mon!
I'm not trying to break your spirit, bit always with the blue font...

[:-P>
Old 12-18-2006   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Let's see...

Blue font...

David Hasselhoff Avatar...

More annoying???

YOU Be the judge...

LOL...Come ON!
Love your Avatar...brings back memories, one of the best avatars on the board....
However, the blue font really makes my monitor cry...please use Left Align as well
Old 12-18-2006   #14
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

It would go against everthing he believes in. From his faith to his famila.

Saying that... I'm tired of supporting him and bitting my tongue when ppl I love, rank on the Calidude.

I let it get to me alittle much.......my blood pressure is starting to rise.
Old 12-18-2006   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Let 'im have it!!!!

Shoulda called this thread "Hate Ya Blue!!!"

edit

This is a joke. The people from Cut'n'Shoot usually don't know when I'm kidding.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #16
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I usually only center my posts when I'm starting the thread...
Either that or I want the smiley to be in the center.

Other than that, I rarely use the center align feature.

Do you use the second skin with the blue background?
yeah i use the blue tinted skin.
Old 12-18-2006   #17
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah i use the blue tinted skin.
I just switched over. Psychedelic....
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #18
Tale Gator
________

In addition to the blue centered type and this guy [:-o> the overuse of elaborate smiles is annoying.
Old 12-18-2006   #19
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
I think he's a character guy so I don't believe he would do anything like that.

I do believe he's ready to move on to another team though. And I think it's certainly in the team's best interest for that to happen.

And his.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #20
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Good theory blue but i think most of us people with common sense know David cant help but to play awfull.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read