Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-18-2006   #1
Sportsfan
All Pro

Default L.t.

The dude is just sick. I would seriously give one of my fingers, maybe even 2, to have him on our team. 199 yds rushing last night vs. the Chiefs.
On that 85 yrd TD run, even my wife who could care less about football yelled out "man that guy is fast!"
Are there any potential LT types in the draft? LOL (And no Reggie Bush comments please )
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #2
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: L.t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan View Post
The dude is just sick. I would seriously give one of my fingers, maybe even 2, to have him on our team. 199 yds rushing last night vs. the Chiefs.
On that 85 yrd TD run, even my wife who could care less about football yelled out "man that guy is fast!"
Are there any potential LT types in the draft? LOL (And no Reggie Bush comments please )
Not this year. Maybe next year with Darren McFadden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #3
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Are there any potential LT types in the draft?
Not this year, if you asked me last year I would have said this guy.
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/423714

I'd keep an eye on him.
Old 12-18-2006   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

frank gore is the next tomlinson.

as for this draft, i like marshawn lynch.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #5
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

You don't have to have the next L.T. How about the next Eric Dickerson... Adrian Peterson anyone..
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #6
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

picked ahead of L.T. in the '01 draft:

1 Atlanta Michael Vick QB Virginia Tech
2 Arizona Leonard Davis T Texas
3 Cleveland Gerard Warren DT Florida
4 Cincinnati Justin Smith DE Missouri
5 San Diego LaDainian Tomlinson RB Texas Christian

I wonder if those teams front offices get beatings every day for that move?
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #7
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

There's a reason why they're considered special talents. Because they don't come along often.

No, there's not a net LT player in this draft. There's not a next LT player currently in the league. There won't be a next LT player for a long time.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2006   #8
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I liked LT in his time with the Giants, but I'm not big on him anymore. I heard he's overcoming his problems though and getting his life back in order, though.

Sorry...had to...

Old 12-19-2006   #9
Boxscore
All Pro

They will have to look real hard. Just think, the Eagles got Brian Westbrook in the 3rd round out of Villanova. Westbrook is a Reggie Bush like player, only better at this point.
Old 12-19-2006   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

LT is one of a kind. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for another one to come along anytime soon.
Old 12-19-2006   #11
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: L.t.

I have a man crush on him. Maybe we can trade for him, lol?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
LT is one of a kind. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for another one to come along anytime soon.
he's playing in the bay area right now...
Old 12-19-2006   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Their probably isn't an LT in this draft, but you can't say that for sure. Until the players drafted actually get on the field, you can't say for sure which one is good and which one is bad. Personally, I don't think their is another LT in the draft, but I would mind seeing the initials AP being linked with the Texans. Adrian Peterson.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #14
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to know who had LT on their fantasy team and didn't make the championship round.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
he's playing in the bay area right now...
Frank Gore is good but he is no LT. LT is and has always been a touchdown machine. Gore does not have a nose for the end zone like LT. I'm not trying to take anything away from him, but it is the truth. Gore may end up to be another Marshall Faulk, but even Faulk is not LT.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

gore definitely has a nose for the endzone. always had in college, too. check out his OT run against FSU, that was beautiful.
Old 12-20-2006   #17
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 77725 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Only 1 LT in my book ...

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #18
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
exactly.

Gore is good but let's not kid ourselves he's no LT.

LT
LJ

are clearly the two best back in the NFL right now and LT is by far better than LJ and that's saying a lot b/c I think LJ is pretty damn special.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read