Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Vernand Morency

F4VRE

Practice Squad
Vernand Morency was voted Packer Fan Poll player of the game vs. the Lions.
He continues to impress the Packer community with 2 more touchdowns pursued by relentless burst, speed and shiftyness. Finished the game with
7 attempts for 54 yards with touchdown runs of 21 and 14 yards. He has proven week in and week out to be a valueble commodity and change of pace back behind Ahman Green.

Whats the deal ? What was his knock comming from the Texans ? Why did the Texans decide to trade ? Morency's consistent sence of urgency, and the way he cuts with great vision, burst, and speed make it hard to believe he was traded for Gado ? While I'm not here to rub it in, or pour salt on any wounds, it does look like the Pack got the better end of the stick on this one for sure. The Packers picked up Gado from the K.C chiefs practice squad last year, when their backfield was injury riddled. Gado came into the league as an UFA. So whats up with Gado ? I havent heard much of him.

www.Packerchatters.com

Kubiak is a one move and hit the hole coach with his RB's. Morency did to much 'dancing' for Kubiaks style.

that is pretty much all there was too it. Not a knock on Morency or Kubiak. Just didn't seem to fit together well with the player and the scheme.

in today's NFL you have to be able to alter your system around your players strengths not the other way around...its only logical

its a helluva lot easier to alter a playbook than rearrange an NFL roster...and a hell of a lot more effective i might add

just my opinion

the fact that Morency is blowing up doesnt surprise me. He had some great games at OSU and looked like he would make a good pro.

in today's NFL you have to be able to alter your system around your players strengths not the other way around...its only logical

its a helluva lot easier to alter a playbook than rearrange an NFL roster...and a hell of a lot more effective i might add

Exactly. This league is no longer built around backups waiting in the wings for 4-5 years and taking over in the "system". Due to the Salary cap and free agency, it all about performing NOW.

The fact that Morrency did what he was coached to do and played very well in his last appearance with us was ignored because Kubiak was very proud of Lundy, Morrency was a previous regime pick, and Sherman wanted a Packer RB. In my opinion, Morrency was the best all around RB on this team when he was traded, but Dayne wasn't healthy of course. Frankly, it looks to me like they decided to get rid of Morrency before he started keeping Lundy off the field.

I know that I will never agree with everything that any coaching staff does, but I have been very dissappointed all season with the cutting of Wand (who we need as a backup to Spencer) and trading of Morrency.

I guess if Carr ever had a 300 yard game with 3 TD passes, that would be the day we cut him. :tease:

Kudos to the first few posters who had real answers, not cutting remarks.

I agree with what they said.

I noticed his game today. He scored twice as much as the Texans. It was against the Lions defense however. Take that for what it's worth. I wish him the best of luck.

We won't care much about Morency if we add someone like Adrian Peterson next season. At least Dayne looks like a solid backup for us.

I'm glad that Morency is doing well in Packer-land. I always liked him and his spirit, that boy has alot of heart and it's obviously showing in GB these days.

Sad to see him traded, but it's Kubiak who makes the calls and quite frankly I'm glad that he does, because I would have no idea of what to do! (other than benching Carr) :)

I don't think there is any question that Morency was the best "pure" running
back on the Texans roster all year long.
But apparently there were secondary considerations that Kubiak felt
were more important than sheer talent ?
But I dunno, Morency for Gado straight up ? Gado didn't get on the field
field yesterday. Did he even suit up ? And Morency scores 2 TDs.

Sometimes, you've got to cut a player before they get their head out of their ass, and do something. I believe that is what happened with Vernand. Truth of the matter is that he was mistake prone, tripping on his own two feet, fumbling...... and in the past has shown to be pretty poor in pass protection.

We had that in Lundy..... we didn't need that in two different backs.

Gado is a straight line runner with world class speed. if our OL could ever get him a real running lane, he's going to hurt you more than Dayne, Lundy, or Morency. Gado's underperformance right now, is due to our poor offensive line play.

But....... If I were coaching this team, I'd tell him to do something about that pudge. I don't care how much he weighs, I don't care how fast he is......... he needs to show me that he seriously wants to be on this football team.

We have a talent evaluation problem, sometimes exacerbated by a player development problem.

To many dance steps on his play card and couldn't see the blitz well enough are why he was traded.

He wasn't going to be happy not being the #1 back with DD out, so I think they traded him for a much more reserved guy in Gado to avoid having any disgruntled players on the roster...

I didn't like the trade when it was announced. True - Morency wasn't the type of back Kubiak wanted when Kubiak arrived, but Morency made all the adjustments that Kubiak asked for. And he had a good pre-season.

I'm not surprised Morency is doing well in Green Bay. I'm happy for him, too.

I think we made a good trade, Gado is a good player good head on his shoulders and i sacked his ass in high school, makes me feel good :D

Morency is a good back...so much for the one back fits all theory or is it the one theory fits all backs--whatever, just part of the offense that 'can't'

gotta call BS on world class speed. Gado??? come on. The Texans have no game breaking running backs. They only have has beens and never were. All we are getting are retreads from days gone by that played for our coaches.

We won't care much about Morency if we add someone like Adrian Peterson next season. At least Dayne looks like a solid backup for us.

Talk about the bash brothers ehh? Who would want to tackle our backfield with Ap and Dayne running the ball? Sounds a little painfull to me.

Remember Me.

meh... are you reviving this old ass thread as an "I told you so"?
Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back... the whole Gado/Morency thing has very little significance, and any significance it does have is due to how bad our OTHER running backs suck.

Back