Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2006   #1
Oilersfan
Rookie

Default We must Re-Begin with Quinn

We can all sit here and complain about all the mistakes that the Texans have made in the past till were blue in the face, I myself have posted plenty.Fact is, Vince Young or Reggie Bush aren't Texans, nor will they ever be. So where do we go from here.We start by getting a great on the field leader.Like it or not the quaterback is supposed to be the heart and soul of the team. I dont think there is one guy on the Patriots that wouldn't go to the mat for Tom Brady. just look back through the years and see that every great team had a great leader at the QB position.No the 2001 Ravens were not a great team. Great talent does not mean a great leader, the leadership comes from within,it can't be taught, you either have it or you don't. It baffels me that McNair can't figure this out. He above anyone should no this. He didn't become a billionaire by not being a great leader. Mr McNair needs to review the tapes of the Notre Dame vs Michigan St and the Notre Dame vs UCLA games and I think he find the type of leader this team needs.Just like Vince Young when the chips are down this guy spits in the face of defeat, David Carr Smiles.
I know that were looking at no better than the #3 pick, and looking at the two
pathetic teams in front of us, the Lions and Raiders they also need a QB. The positive thing for us is that these two teams have clowns running the circus.We shouldn't have a problem hoodwinking the top slot form one of these two teams.Remember everyone, this is only McNair's 5th year in the league, unlike Carr I think he will turn things around.

NOTE: I am not a Notre Dame Sympathizer, In fact I can't stand them.
But I can't stand losing more.
Oilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #2
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 60 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We must Re-Begin with Quinn

Norte Dame has played teams not in its league all year to include Navy(Go Navy, Beat Army), Army, and Air Force. Brady Quinn is overrated. He is David Carr part deux. I'm all for replacing Carr ASAP, just not with Brady Quinn.
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #3
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

we need to Re-Begin with someone,weather it be quinn, smith, or kolb, i bet even with a rookie QB we will win more games next season then this season, carr is not the QB houston needs, so everyone get over carr and let him go
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedinkle View Post
Norte Dame has played teams not in its league all year to include Navy(Go Navy, Beat Army), Army, and Air Force. Brady Quinn is overrated. He is David Carr part deux. I'm all for replacing Carr ASAP, just not with Brady Quinn.
Same here. I don't want Brady Quinn. If we draft Kevin Kolb in the 2nd or 3rd round, or somehow Troy Smith falls into our laps, I would take either of those two over Quinn. Had Quinn come out last season, he would have been the 4th QB taken. I think he's overrated. We can find a good QB project in the 2nd or 3rd round and let him sit for a year or two. If we do draft a QB, I don't want him starting his rookie year.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #5
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

what about free agency, what kind of QB's are there, maybe we could get matt schaub or something, the next few years look really weak when it comes to QB in the draft,
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
what about free agency, what kind of QB's are there, maybe we could get matt schaub or something, the next few years look really weak when it comes to QB in the draft,
Matt Schaub is a restricted free agent and I'm guessing the Falcons would want a 1st round pick for him. No way we give up our 1st rounder for him this year. If they took our 1st round pick next year or in 2009, I'd do it.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #7
Oilersfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Matt Schaub is a restricted free agent and I'm guessing the Falcons would want a 1st round pick for him. No way we give up our 1st rounder for him this year. If they took our 1st round pick next year or in 2009, I'd do it.
I think the Falcons are just about sick of Vick. Schaub is staying right where he is.
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2006   #8
johndoe
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 johndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVP

troy smith in the second looks pretty decent right about now... especially sandwithed between adrian peterson and a good LT
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #9
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

JaMarcus Russell.. LSU.

We need a QB that fits the scheme, Quinn aint it.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #10
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedinkle View Post
Norte Dame has played teams not in its league all year to include Navy(Go Navy, Beat Army), Army, and Air Force. Brady Quinn is overrated.
I agree man, he hasn't shown me anything. I like Notre Dame, but he reminds me of Rick Mirer...I just don't see him doing anything in the NFL. I could be wrong, but hey, I don't get paid for my opinions.
austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #11
johndoe
Veteran

if jamarcus russell declares what round would he be projected to go in
Old 12-17-2006   #12
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

from what ive read.. he would be a mid first to early second.. but his physical abilities could, and probably would, put him in the top 10... once it was all said and done with workouts and the combine and such.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #13
Oilersfan
Rookie

[quote=Grid;542249]JaMarcus Russell.. LSU.

We need a QB that fits the scheme, Quinn aint it.[/Q

Your probally right he doesn't fit the 1 yard and a cloud of dust, 5 yard out route scheme.
Come on JaMarcus Russell, we might as well sign Byron Leftwich. STOP LISTENING TO CHARLIE, SCHEMES DONT WIN GAMES PLAYERS DO, 40 TIMES DONT WIN GAMES PLAYERS DO. VERTICLE LEAP DOESNT WIN GAMES PLAYERS DO, THROWING STYLE DOESNT WIN GAMES PLAYERS DO. SCHEME WHAT SCHEME? BRADY QUINN OR BUST, THREE SUPERBOWL TITLES ARE WAITING.

Last edited by Oilersfan; 12-17-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-17-2006   #14
Oilersfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe View Post
Mid to late 3rd at best
Old 12-17-2006   #15
johndoe
Veteran

personally im in favor of taking taking troy smith in the second if hes available, hes got a cannon of an arm and is very mobile(4.6 forty)... im not really sure what kind of a leader he is though, but what the heck vince young didnt win the heisman trophy!!!!
Old 12-17-2006   #16
ROKN ZJ
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan View Post
Your probally right he doesn't fit the 1 yard and a cloud of dust, 5 yard out route scheme.
Come on JaMarcus Russell, we might as well sign Byron Leftwich. STOP LISTENING TO CHARLIE, SCHEMES DONT WIN GAMES PLAYERS DO, 40 TIMES DONT WIN GAMES PLAYERS DO. VERTICLE LEAP DOESNT WIN GAMES PLAYERS DO, THROWING STYLE DOESNT WIN GAMES PLAYERS DO. SCHEME WHAT SCHEME? BRADY QUINN OR BUST, THREE SUPERBOWL TITLES ARE WAITING.
It sounds like you like "intangables" i.e. a winner, and Quinn isn't a winner. If anything he is a nice system QB which is the opposite of youre little rant. He *WOULD* be the next Carr, or if you want the next Eli Manning. Someone way overhyped coming out of college just because he fit the mold everyone thinks a QB sould fit.

Plus he'd cost way too much $$$, and the Texans would have to move up to pick #1 to get him anyway. It's not worth it. Just pick AP, and get a servicable QB through free agency. Or keep Carr another year, skate to another top 5 draft pick and get Brohm when he comes out.
ROKN ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #17
ROKN ZJ
Rookie

BTW I'm pretty sure the Browns will take Troy Smith, so thats not even an option. The Texans/Vince scenario made it even harder for them to pass on him, especially if he win OSU a national championship.

As for the Heisman comment I can either rebut it with the fact that after the Rose Bowl last year everyone agreed Vince should have one it, or I can point you to all the Heisman winners who didnt make it in the NFL (jasone White, Eric Crouch, etc.). Take your pick,
ROKN ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #18
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think taking any high priced QB (draft or free agent) is too risky at this time!

The best thing to do right now is to slowly dig out of this by concentrating on the lines and defensive secondary.

If the team improves dramatically next year and it looks like the last piece is a QB, go for it then!

Too many holes to fill to definitely bring in a rookie unless they can put a team on his back. Quinn doesn't seem like a guy that you put an NFL team on his back.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe View Post
First round talent...mark it, book it, I'm sure of it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

From what I've heard, Quinn will be like Carr...no longfield throws, conservative, pretty, etc.

I'm all for Russell, obviously, but I want a QB with more mobility than Carr more than anything.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read