Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2006   #1
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Default Dunta Trashes Carr?

Check out this quote from Dunta, from Justice's blog:

In the losing locker room, there were interesting words from Dunta Robinson...

We've got a problem, and until we fix the problem, things are continue to be this way.

What's the problem?

That ain't for me to say. All I can say is that when you're a 4-10 team, you've got a lot of problems. Until we step up and say what the problem is, then it's not going to get better.

This team needs big changes, right?

Anytime you're on a losing team, changes have to be made. That's the bottom line. We've got to find a way to fix this thing.

[snip]

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice...st_hauled.html

If Dunta is making veiled criticism of Carr, I don't blame him. Carr was horrible today and his play was inexcusably bad. This may be evidence
DC has lost the respect of some/most of his teammates.
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default Re: Dunta Trashes Carr?

Hmm... maybe a "Sharper II" concerning leadership.... and maybe it wasn't directed at the coaching staff the first go around?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #3
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

gary walker trashed carr also.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #4
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I saw that, and I thought the same thing.

Carr put the defense in a horrible position today, and I'm not sure they could have done much better given the circumstances. I could see why Dunta was frustrated.
Old 12-17-2006   #5
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
gary walker trashed carr also.
I don't remember that. What did he say?
Old 12-17-2006   #6
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

not to mention the Bob McNair comments about not keeping a veteran or two on the team to provide leadership.

it is becoming quite apparent that Carr isn't providing any leadership on the team. but it is hard to lead a team when your the worst player on it and 'graced' the position, no matter how badly you stink it up weekly.
Old 12-17-2006   #7
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87319 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see anything in that quote that even closely resembles mentioning Carr in any way, shape, or form. I mean, he just said "something needs to be fixed," I think you're reading a bit too much into the statement.

And that's unfortunate since I wish that there would be one player who would call DC out and make it obvious.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that quote is vague enough that anyone can spin it to fit their favorite pet peeve.
Old 12-17-2006   #9
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
I don't see anything in that quote that even closely resembles mentioning Carr in any way, shape, or form. I mean, he just said "something needs to be fixed," I think you're reading a bit too much into the statement.

And that's unfortunate since I wish that there would be one player who would call DC out and make it obvious.
Who, or what, could have possibly been the problem out there today other than Carr? To me, it's reasonable to believe he was referring to DC, but didn't want to be blatant about it because the team (Kubiak) may want any internal dissent kept in-house.
Old 12-17-2006   #10
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Look at this quote by Carr from the same blog.

Quote:
Is it fair to say there'll be no vertical passing game until your protection is better?

Carr:
I tried to force the issue. A couple of times, I was kind of getting hit and throwing it. I tried to do too much. I should have just checked the ball down. When we're down like that, I'm trying to win a football game. I'm tired of being close. I'm tired of playing good and losing by 20. It doesn't matter what the score was. We lost... I know I can play the game. How we've lost these games is frustrating.
I'm tired of playing good and losing by 20?
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysTexansFan View Post
Who, or what, could have possibly been the problem out there today other than Carr?
I can think of a few off the top of my head. I'm sure the board could come up with a few more. In no particular order:

Carr
Offensive line
Being surrounded by quitters
Conservative playcalling - again
Poor talent identification
etc.
Old 12-17-2006   #12
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who, or what, could have possibly been the problem out there today other than Carr? To me, it's reasonable to believe he was referring to DC, but didn't want to be blatant about it because the team (Kubiak) may want any internal dissent kept in-house.
Hmmm, I don't know, but maybe it would be better if the Patriots Defensive players were actually blocked instead of allowed to come straight up the middle for a 7 yard sack. I could be wrong but that just might be considered a problem on any team in the NFL.
Old 12-17-2006   #13
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
I saw that, and I thought the same thing.

Carr put the defense in a horrible position today, and I'm not sure they could have done much better given the circumstances. I could see why Dunta was frustrated.
when gary was here he would often criticize the offense and he got into davids face a couple of games
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #14
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post

He is talking about putting up good passing stats but losing the game. That means he would rather win than have good stats.
Old 12-17-2006   #15
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post

Is he talking about his 219 yard performance against Indy or his 128 yard performance against Dallas? Because that's the only two times (other than today, which he obviously can NOT be talking about) the Texans have lost by that large of a margin.
Old 12-17-2006   #16
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87319 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree, but he veiled his statements too much. I want someone on the team to call out DC and make it loud and clear. That's why loudmouths like TO or Chad Johnson can sometimes help a team out. What would be the best is for AJ to say something, anything, to give us some sense that they see the problem.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #17
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Quote:
I agree, but he veiled his statements too much. I want someone on the team to call out DC and make it loud and clear. That's why loudmouths like TO or Chad Johnson can sometimes help a team out. What would be the best is for AJ to say something, anything, to give us some sense that they see the problem.
If AJ wants to point fingers he can start with himself for dropping critical passes and failing to make plays late in the games when it counts, and if anybody needs to be called out it is the entire Offensive Line.
Old 12-17-2006   #18
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
If some players are very dissatisfied, I'm not sure a player will call out Carr on the record, but I suspect articles will start appearing that cite "unnamed" sources or players as a basis for whatever is written.
Old 12-17-2006   #19
Oilersfan
Rookie

He should have said problems, including himself. I can remember him being torched by opposing recievers on more than one occasioin.
Oilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #20
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to throw Robinson under the bus, but maybe the problem is how he let Gaffney get free in the end zone.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read