Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2006   #1
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

Default Vince Young?Reggie Bush? WHAT A BUST!

I cannot believe we gave away carr for vince young... he is so dumb just throwing the ball up and trying to run with it. If he was just patient maybe he could make a smart throw every now and then...we just threw away another first round pick on a qb... there is no future for this franchise. We should have drafted a linemen... thats where games are won... putting another big name behind that crappy offensive line we have wouldn't do crap...or a defensive linemen...jesus... we have NO pass rush. man...we have to watch vince grow for another 3 years and I dont even think he ll be very good... good job kubes and mcnair on that call... just trying to sell tickets... stupid sellouts...

Wow... couldn't you tell Reggie was going to suck? he is 205 freaking pounds... what a bust...we should have drafted vince young... he won the national championship for crying out loud. But in reality...we needed an o linemen... barry sanders couldn't even do anything behind our horrible offensive line... and we have 0 pass rush...how many big name players are you going to have to put on our offense before you realize we need an offensive line? We already have DD coming back next year.... Bush was just a waste of millions of dollars and a high draft pick... but its probably just mcnair wanted to sell tickets to see the "electrifying" reggie bush...

My points is, that with the shape of our team right now, adding any one player to our team wouldnt have done CRAP. We have a beatup offensive line that was already not very good in the first place. Our starting running back has been out for the season. Our best defensive linemen is playing with a hurt foot, our whole defensive interior is out with injuries, and one of our best playmakers at linebacker was out for a good chunk of the season. We have two brand new offensive and defensive shemes to learn and a new head coach and a new general manager. But you all to expect to make playoffs... put it this way, the difference between this season and last...is week in and week out we have competed for the win minus a few games.

Is it David Carr's fault that his starting running back is out and 70% of his starting offensive line out?

No... but he hasn't had a very good season. Learning a new offensive and checking down he had a really good begining of the year...but then as our o linemen started dropping...and people realized we couldn't run the ball worth a crap... they started just pass rushing and dropping back in coverage. Its not hard. When an offense becomes one dimensional it is OVER. End of story.

Lets look at a lot of the top teams in the leage...for example...the chagers.

Take away LT, and 3 of their starting offensive linemen and make merriman play with a hurt foot and have steve foley sit out most of the year.

... doens't sound like a very good team there. Guarantee they would have 4 wins tops with that kind of team.

Well people...thats what the texans are facing. After watching the film and breaking it down today...yes Carr made some stupid throws... but at the same time... he wasn't given time most the time...all of his interceptions weren't his fault... and a lot of the receivers routes weren't run very well.

So sorry for taking up a lot of time by posting this... but football games are won in the trenches... #1 priority is having an offensive line that you can run well behind and be able to drop back and pass behind and #2 priority is getting after the quarterback and stopping the run. We aren't full strength at either, and we still don't have the personel even when healthy to be dominant at either.

Or we could just blame Carr the reason why our running backs can't put together a consistent rushing attack... or its his fault that 4 or 5 people are in his face every single play. Or that his receivers are inexperienced for the most part and can't throw off a corner on a route if their life depended on it.

But let me tell you... Reggie Bush would shake off all 5 of those defensive players before making his 70 yard touchdown run week in and week out...and Vince Young... shoot... all those defensive linemens would bounce off of him.
yourfavoritetexan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #2
Texan1
Veteran

Default Re: Vince Young?Reggie Bush? WHAT A BUST!

Dude - have you been watching the NFL football this year?

Have you noticed that the worst team in football - the Titans - were turned around by 1 player - Vince Young.

Think about it..
Texan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

and I thought Oakland was the worst team in football
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #4
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Yep, the Titans didn't have an o-line or a running game for the first quarter of the season.

And now.....

Sometimes one player can make a big change. Especially when that player is in the lead position of the team. When the QB changes, the team chemistry changes.
Old 12-17-2006   #5
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

yea yea yea...good point...seriously (not being sarcastic) my point was nothing taken away from reggie bush or vince young, they are both good players...but my point was a new qb and rb were the last 2 things we needed. And I am saying if they were on the Texans...they would be just as unproductive as carr or (insert rb name here).

And thats why I still think we are jumping the gun a little too early on carr.
Old 12-17-2006   #6
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavoritetexan42 View Post
I'm pretty sure that 5 years is about as long of a chance as any unproductive QB could get with a team. "Jumping the gun" just doesn't quite fit in this instance.
Old 12-17-2006   #7
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:

4 1/2 years to soon wow your patient.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2006   #8
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

5 years? yes in normal circumstances.

This isn't a normal circumstance... he has been sacked more in a 5 year period then any nfl qb ever. I don't think John Elway could be productive behind our offensive line. And I am being completely honest. I want to see him perform behind a decent/good offensive line. If he still fails...they yes get rid of him. But in the offseason I don't think there should be a question about who our qb should be...because I still don't think we have given carr a legit shot.
Old 12-17-2006   #9
Texan1
Veteran

Quote:
Ok, now I know your joking... Ha ha, good one - you had me going for a sec...
Texan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just think if Vince would have stayed his senior year. We would be able to pick him up (if Detroit didn't)!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #11
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I cannot believe we gave away carr for vince young... he is so dumb just throwing the ball up and trying to run with it. If he was just patient maybe he could make a smart throw every now and then...we just threw away another first round pick on a qb... there is no future for this franchise. We should have drafted a linemen... thats where games are won... putting another big name behind that crappy offensive line we have wouldn't do crap...or a defensive linemen...jesus... we have NO pass rush. man...we have to watch vince grow for another 3 years and I dont even think he ll be very good... good job kubes and mcnair on that call... just trying to sell tickets... stupid sellouts...

Wow... couldn't you tell Reggie was going to suck? he is 205 freaking pounds... what a bust...we should have drafted vince young... he won the national championship for crying out loud. But in reality...we needed an o linemen... barry sanders couldn't even do anything behind our horrible offensive line... and we have 0 pass rush...how many big name players are you going to have to put on our offense before you realize we need an offensive line? We already have DD coming back next year.... Bush was just a waste of millions of dollars and a high draft pick... but its probably just mcnair wanted to sell tickets to see the "electrifying" reggie bush...

My points is, that with the shape of our team right now, adding any one player to our team wouldnt have done CRAP. We have a beatup offensive line that was already not very good in the first place. Our starting running back has been out for the season. Our best defensive linemen is playing with a hurt foot, our whole defensive interior is out with injuries, and one of our best playmakers at linebacker was out for a good chunk of the season. We have two brand new offensive and defensive shemes to learn and a new head coach and a new general manager. But you all to expect to make playoffs... put it this way, the difference between this season and last...is week in and week out we have competed for the win minus a few games.

Is it David Carr's fault that his starting running back is out and 70% of his starting offensive line out?

No... but he hasn't had a very good season. Learning a new offensive and checking down he had a really good begining of the year...but then as our o linemen started dropping...and people realized we couldn't run the ball worth a crap... they started just pass rushing and dropping back in coverage. Its not hard. When an offense becomes one dimensional it is OVER. End of story.

Take away LT, and 3 of their starting offensive linemen and make merriman play with a hurt foot and have steve foley sit out most of the year.

... doens't sound like a very good team there. Guarantee they would have 4 wins tops with that kind of team.

Well people...thats what the texans are facing. After watching the film and breaking it down today...yes Carr made some stupid throws... but at the same time... he wasn't given time most the time...all of his interceptions weren't his fault... and a lot of the receivers routes weren't run very well.

So sorry for taking up a lot of time by posting this... but football games are won in the trenches... #1 priority is having an offensive line that you can run well behind and be able to drop back and pass behind and #2 priority is getting after the quarterback and stopping the run. We aren't full strength at either, and we still don't have the personel even when healthy to be dominant at either.

Or we could just blame Carr the reason why our running backs can't put together a consistent rushing attack... or its his fault that 4 or 5 people are in his face every single play. Or that his receivers are inexperienced for the most part and can't throw off a corner on a route if their life depended on it.

But let me tell you... Reggie Bush would shake off all 5 of those defensive players before making his 70 yard touchdown run week in and week out...and Vince Young... shoot... all those defensive linemens would bounce off of him.

DUDE WAKE UP. why are there still carr apologists out there?
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #12
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...but my point was a new qb and rb were the last 2 things we needed.
Sorry, but that's just wrong. We needed a new QB and we needed a new RB. And instead of getting one of the best quarterback prospects to come around in FOREVER, instead of getting one of the best running back prospects to come around in FOREVER, we got a good defensive lineman....Very nice.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #13
DenverBorn
Veteran

Quote:
Explain to me how 70% of a starting offensive lne is out? There are 5 starting offensive linemen - 3 1/2 of them are out?
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBorn View Post
Explain to me how 70% of a starting offensive lne is out? There are 5 starting offensive linemen - 3 1/2 of them are out?
Spencer is pretty darn big.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #15
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

offensive line... ill go down the list.

Left Tackle: Charles Spencer... was a starter, could have grown tremendously this season, was already a playing very well at that spot. Salaam is just HORRIBLE. Cannot move... too old.... he's just bad.

Right Tackle: Zach Wiegert, only tackle with any sort of nfl experience... wasn't that great, but probably at this point in his career was more capable then eric winston.

Center: Mike Flanagan was our leader on the offensive line, he was the guy we brought in to fix our offensive line, and he was the reason why we thought this group would improve.

If you wanna be techinical...60%...my apologies. 3\5ths whatever u wanna call it... a MAJORITY of our offensive line has been out. When our starting group wasnt even very strong, that means our reserves are even worse... You think the 2002 offensive line was bad? Imagine the backups having to start. That is what we have pretty much today playing.

And on the point on passing up a very good running back and a very good quarterback for a good d linemen?

Wanna show you something... past few superbowl winners... lets take Patriots, Steelers, and Bucs.

Tom Brady, Corey Dillon
Tom Brady, Kevin Faulk
Ben Roethlisberger, Jerome Bettis/Willie Parker
Brad Johnson Michale Pittman (dont even remember the name)

now lets look at their defenses....wow.... exactly.

Big time qbs and big time rbs dont win superbowls. Tom Brady is now a big name, but thats more because of the rings he has, not the stats he puts up in the regular season. Ask these guys if theyd rather mvp trophies or a superbowl ring:

LT
Shaun Alexander
Priest Holmes
Peyton Manning
Steve McNair
Michael Vick

those are the past few big time players that "make a team" according to media... how many rings?

(well 1 if you count the backup role priest holmes played on the ravens)
Old 12-18-2006   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
and I thought Oakland was the worst team in football
I would have thought the Raiders too. Or at least Cleveland, Arizona or maybe Detroit....
Texan_Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

I agree with you 100%....... & can't believe you're getting so much slack from these "so-called fans"

We should do exactly like the Chargers did.

In 1997, they drafted Ryan Leaf...... four draft laters, they drafted Brees...... 3 years later, they drafted Phillip Rivers...... and now, they are 11-2 with an inside track to the SuperBowl.

We should've dumped David Carr, he's been handicapping our OL, WRs, RBs, & Defense for 4 years now. Unless we get ProBowlers for every position on both sides of the ball, we'll never be on equal footing with any of the good teams in the NFL.
Old 12-18-2006   #18
goodnews boy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Sorry, but that's just wrong. We needed a new QB and we needed a new RB. And instead of getting one of the best quarterback prospects to come around in FOREVER, instead of getting one of the best running back prospects to come around in FOREVER, we got a good defensive lineman....Very nice.

Yes, itís true, we got a d lineman. When a team drafts a player, they choose based on the potential. We have seen some positive sign from him throughout the season. So I can safely bet he will get better. Now, about VY. Did you know he only had 85 yards passing? He has a good team around him. Just like Reggie. Outside of one great game (4 TDs but only 147 yds total running, receiving and punt returns) he has been mediocre. I believe in the defense. We will be stronger next year if we get a NEW QB.
goodnews boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read