Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2006   #1
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

Default Who do you feel sorry for?

I feel bad for the good players on this team. And when I say good players, my definition of a good player would be one the would be "highly sought after" by other "winning records" football teams.

Andre Johnson: He could have led the league in yards and TD but its not happening for reasons beyond his control

Dunta Robinson: Arron Glenn left too early and forced D-Rob to become the star in the secondary. Now he get picked on when he doesn't shut down everyone- everytime

All our Rookies: They joined us when we had hope for the season, and now we look like we aren't even trying. And faith guys, you will be the new core for our football team.

DeMeco Ryans: He would gain more national respect, if our team won a few games.

And finally David Carr: We took what could could have been a good QB in the NFL and "Shellshocked" him. While I thank him for getting up after 230+ sacks, I wish him good luck with his next team. (The Saskatchewan Roughriders)
Old 12-17-2006   #2
Texan1
Veteran

Default Re: Who do you feel sorry for?

Texans season ticket holders
Texan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #3
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 20113 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

nobody
Old 12-17-2006   #4
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bob McNair, because he's a great man who brought football back to Houston.
Don't worry, they'll get it right...eventually.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #5
MrMeToo
All Pro

everybody you listed(especially Andre) except for Carr...
Old 12-17-2006   #6
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan1 View Post
Texans season ticket holders
I wonder how many would give their tickets up if they knew they could get "Full Price" back on the PSLs.....

Something to think about.
Old 12-17-2006   #7
Texan1
Veteran

Not sure I understand what you are saying.

How do you get 'full price' back - please do tell.
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2006   #8
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
Bob McNair, because he's a great man who brought football back to Houston.
Don't worry, they'll get it right...eventually.
I think he really believed that Kubiak would improve David Carr and the rest of the team. For five years he wanted and hoped that DC would be the face of the franchise. But its not going to happen.

I heard this on the radio:

"I'm tired of pretty boy quarterbacks. No Brady Quinn, no David Carr - I want Frodo to be our qb- Give me Sam Cassell in shoulder pads"
Old 12-17-2006   #9
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

Quote:
Not sure I understand what you are saying.

How do you get 'full price' back - please do tell.
I wasn't implying that you can. It was more of a statement: If you could get your full value on your PSLs would you?

I would have to think about that. While I be supportive of the team, I could get more value for my money buying a 62 inch TV and the NFL Sunday Ticket.
Old 12-17-2006   #10
Texan1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Front Row Crew View Post
I wasn't implying that you can.
Darn, I knew it wsa too good to be true.

Absolutely I would,- I was very angry after the last draft b/c they had a chance to give us something worth paying for and they totally hosed us. These tickets are very expensive and I could definitely find a better home for my dollars...
Old 12-17-2006   #11
Texandiver
Veteran

Quote:
Darn, I knew it wsa too good to be true.

Absolutely I would,- I was very angry after the last draft b/c they had a chance to give us something worth paying for and they totally hosed us. These tickets are very expensive and I could definitely find a better home for my dollars...

I've had non psl season tickets since the beggining. South endzone, and darn good seats if you ask me. At the time I could have afforded psl endzone seats, but I couldn't justify spending $900 per seat just for the right to buy tickets.

Hell the only thing that $900 was going to buy me was 1. better seats 2. no ticket increase in my seats for three years. Well I fiured my ticket pries weren't going to go up that much in three years, and I'm glad I made that choice.
Texandiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #12
Texan1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texandiver View Post
I've had non psl season tickets since the beggining. South endzone, and darn good seats if you ask me. At the time I could have afforded psl endzone seats, but I couldn't justify spending $900 per seat just for the right to buy tickets.

Hell the only thing that $900 was going to buy me was 1. better seats 2. no ticket increase in my seats for three years. Well I fiured my ticket pries weren't going to go up that much in three years, and I'm glad I made that choice.
Glad your happy... not sure why some have to pay PSL and others doin't. Anyway, I'm sure new PSLs will be a tough sell in Houston for awhile.
Old 12-17-2006   #13
Texandiver
Veteran

Quote:
Glad your happy... not sure why some have to pay PSL and others doin't. Anyway, I'm sure new PSLs will be a tough sell in Houston for awhile.
Well for one my seats are the second least expensive seats in the stadium, and they are upper level. So i guess thats why they didn't make my seat location PSl seats. I do love my location as you can see plays developing, but I just wish the Texans would make me believe we have a chance to win a game. It really sucks going to a game, and not believing they have a chacne to win.
Texandiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #14
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

I wanted to add another:

Mario Williams: In five years, he may be just like Julius Peppers or even better. But in an NFL world where offense is rewarded, and defense is the stepchild he will have minor recongnition. (look how much peppers is being talked about) But the comparisons to Flash and Dash (Bush and Young) will be forever.
Old 12-17-2006   #15
Texan1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Front Row Crew View Post
I wanted to add another:

Mario Williams: In five years, he may be just like Julius Peppers or even better. But in an NFL world where offense is rewarded, and defense is the stepchild he will have minor recongnition. (look how much peppers is being talked about) But the comparisons to Flash and Dash (Bush and Young) will be forever.
Can't say I agree... but you never know. My concern with Mario is he wasn't great in college - and well, when you pick someone #1 overall, they shoud have been great somewhere already - its hard to expect them to be great when the've never been great before...
Old 12-17-2006   #16
profan
Veteran

i feel sorry for all of my fellow pls holders. If we do not renew our season tickets we lose all the money we invested in psl's. Do i not renew and lose my $4,800 in psl's or do i renew and continue to donate tickets as no one cares about going to see the texans.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #17
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah everyone except carr and mr. mcnair
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #18
DontTreadOnMe
Rookie

nobody.. because at the end of the day,.. all that matters is $$$$, and they have large amounts of it!
DontTreadOnMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read