Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2006   #1
Barkley

Default WOW....and here after last week I thought it couldn't get any worse

I thought we hit bottom last week......boy was I wrong. This was the most pathetic performance have seen from Carr and this team this season. This looked like one of last years games.

The only silver lining is that there is NO WAY this team can justify bringing Carr back. He may be a nice guy and all, but as NFL QB's go, this guy is an absolute bum.
Old 12-17-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WOW....and here after last week I thought it couldn't get any worse

yeah Carr stunk it up today, was pretty hard to swallow..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #3
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley View Post
I thought we hit bottom last week......boy was I wrong. This was the most pathetic performance have seen from Carr and this team this season. This looked like one of last years games.

The only silver lining is that there is NO WAY this team can justify bringing Carr back. He may be a nice guy and all, but as NFL QB's go, this guy is an absolute bum.
They can still strike it up to the O-line which was bad today, but Carr stunk up the field.

Brace yourselves Carr most likely will be back next year, who is going to be pushing him for the starters role will be interesting.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #4
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

No, last week was bottom because I think the Texans left it all on the field last week and when they couldn't beat the Titans with "everything they have" - then what else is there the rest of the season?

This was defintely worse played on offense, but bottom was hit last week and now just scraping along the bottom.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #5
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Losing to the Titans stunk, No one in their right mind gave us a chance against the Pats. The best caoched team in football, and you could see it.

I like how Bellichek went for it on 4th down with his 2nd stringers and got it. Kubiak should learn from that and not go into hand the ball of mode in the 3rd quarter with 8 minutes left like he has done.
Old 12-17-2006   #6
Texan1
Veteran

Does anyone know what Carr's contract situation is next year? How much will he cost under the cap? How may years does he have on his contract after this season?
Texan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #7
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan1 View Post
Does anyone know what Carr's contract situation is next year? How much will he cost under the cap? How may years does he have on his contract after this season?
Think 8 million, but not sure.
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2006   #8
austintexanite
All Pro

i think he'd admit that it was prolly the worst game he's played
austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #9
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Atleast when we played the Titans, we played a good game, and we could have easily won that game with a flip of the coin against one of the better teams in the league right now (maybe even better than the Patriots). Any team that watches tape should have seen this coming. The Patriots know that we will never throw the ball over 10 yards so all they have to do is stay in that little area of the field and they know that Carr has a nack for locking onto his recievers for awhile. That combined with his horrible release and taking sacks constantly makes Carr who he is as a QB. This was a long time coming for David.
Old 12-17-2006   #10
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

It hard to believe that this team played so well against the Giants. I remember watching that game and thought, wow thats some energy and fight in this team, David Carr leaping into the endzone and Willams making a Jumpshot.

And now this game.... its just pathetic.
Old 12-17-2006   #11
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

It can get much worse than it is now.

Blackouts coming soon. Guess who's games will be shown in Houston on CBS to replace ours?

Then there's the high probabilty #10 in the playoffs and eventually maybe even hoisting a Lombardi while we sit here and play with ourselves and mutter 'patience' over and over as our caretaker wipes the slobber from our chins....

Yeah, it can get worse.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #12
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
It can get much worse than it is now.

Blackouts coming soon. Guess who's games will be shown in Houston on CBS to replace ours?

Then there's the high probabilty #10 in the playoffs and eventually maybe even hoisting a Lombardi while we sit here and play with ourselves and mutter 'patience' over and over as our caretaker wipes the slobber from our chins....

Yeah, it can get worse.
Just put me out of my misery now.

Old 12-17-2006   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Blackouts coming soon.
Sobering thought for sure, but it may really happen.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read